ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Simon

HawkHeel3

Team MVP
Mar 21, 2015
I remember seeing his name go into the transfer portal, but i don't remember seeing if he ever committed to play anywhere else. Is he still looking or is he back practicing with the Hawks? I thought he had some buzz around him at the end of last season.

I remember seeing his name go into the transfer portal, but i don't remember seeing if he ever committed to play anywhere else. Is he still looking or is he back practicing with the Hawks? I thought he had some buzz around him at the end of last season.
I think I saw somewhere back when he went into the portal that he was definitely transferring, not just feeling things out. And I don't think he was with us for Spring practice. So, I think he's gone (unfortunately; I think he'd have been a rotational guy), but Idk where.

maxresdefault.jpg

Once you enter a portal theres usually no turning back

Simon could have excelled in the edge defender role. Big strong and fast, if we were to use the package. Not sure how that will play out yet.

Simon could have excelled in the edge defender role. Big strong and fast, if we were to use the package. Not sure how that will play out yet.
I wonder if part of the issue was that the role he was best suited to in a rotation was coming in on passing downs and we're not trying to take Epenesa or Golston out on passing downs (though, I would have thought we'd have the latter moving inside on pass downs and sub Simon in at DE).

For sure, Simon looked fast and slippery rushing the passer in open practices (very small sample).

Seems like we have had quite a few transfer from here to Illinois State or Southern Illinois
Romeo McKnight is at Illinois State .... and he was really productive for them last year (he had 9 tfls, 11 qb hurries, and he led the team in sacks). Mends is listed on their D too.

Part of the migration to Illinois State might be attributable to the fact that Ferentz has a very healthy respect for Brock Spack. Spack was the DC for Purdue under Tiller ... when Iowa vs Purdue games were often very tight affairs.

Romeo McKnight is at Illinois State .... and he was really productive for them last year (he had 9 tfls, 11 qb hurries, and he led the team in sacks). Mends is listed on their D too.

Part of the migration to Illinois State might be attributable to the fact that Ferentz has a very healthy respect for Brock Spack. Spack was the DC for Purdue under Tiller ... when Iowa vs Purdue games were often very tight affairs.

And if that is the case, further proof of Ferentz looking out for the best interest in these guys whether they are Hawkeyes or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT