ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Snyder full speed ahead

"Starting week 1"

Any word on punishment for his arrest?

It will be great to have him back regardless. That's a tough road he's been on.

Last edited:
Super Extra Pumped to have a 100% Brandon Snyder ready to go for the season. Brings a physical presence to the defense. Hope he's a bully back there. Go Hawks!

Start the first game after his off-season OWI? That isn't very Kirkish.
Great news that he’s 100%. Perhaps a safety will play some LEO? His DUI was last season. I believe he was suspended 30 days which included Bowl prep and trip to NYC.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
Great news that he’s 100%. Perhaps a safety will play some LEO? His DUI was last season. I believe he was suspended 30 days which included Bowl prep and trip to NYC.

His DUI was in December. Suspending an injured player from a game he was not even going to dress for sounds like something Dantonio would do.

Reactions: groeneweg1965
Super Extra Pumped to have a 100% Brandon Snyder ready to go for the season. Brings a physical presence to the defense. Hope he's a bully back there. Go Hawks!
His DUI was in December. Suspending an injured player from a game he was not even going to dress for sounds like something Dantonio would do.
I doubt if starts agsinst no illinoy. But really glad that he is playing again. He could really help the defense.
Powerfull hitter.

I should clarify. I am a KF fan largely because he has stood for accountability and has been consistent in imposing consequences when his players went over the line. I am also happy that Snyder has recovered. He will help the team. He messed up. I would expect him to be suspended for the first game based on similar situations from the past.

So, would a true freshman have to wait until their redshirt is over or until they get on the 2 deep to take their suspension. I think missing a bowl trip and all the money/gifts And 40 days off the facility should count as something. I personally hate penalties that are not immediate. Crossing over to two seasons and 8-9 months becomes extreme. This might be the first that I recall to have a punishment cross to next season.

Reactions: easy2
Does one of our 4 safeties compete at LEO to try to get our best athletes on the field?

I should clarify. I am a KF fan largely because he has stood for accountability and has been consistent in imposing consequences when his players went over the line. I am also happy that Snyder has recovered. He will help the team. He messed up. I would expect him to be suspended for the first game based on similar situations from the past.
He wasn’t allowed to go to the bowl game so if he was going to be suspended for game 1 then he should have traveled.

People make mistakes. A DUI certainly is serious, but the young man has paid the consequences. Time to move on.

BTW: Think about all the crimes and immoral acts people in the highest positions of government, education, entertainment, religion, and every other field have committed as adults. We all are flawed. Let's avoid the temptation to be sanctimonious when it comes to college athletes.

He didn't get to travel with team to NYC. I'd say he probably viewed that punishment as bad as missing a game on the field.

People make mistakes. A DUI certainly is serious, but the young man has paid the consequences. Time to move on.

BTW: Think about all the crimes and immoral acts people in the highest positions of government, education, entertainment, religion, and every other field have committed as adults. We all are flawed. Let's avoid the temptation to be sanctimonious when it comes to college athletes.

And for those who are a little older, just think back to the 1970s and 1980s, how many people did you know or you yourself drink and then drive? There was not the stigma or enforcement that there is now. So older folks probably a little more lenient. Just look at game days in IC. How many of those volumes of tailgaters still must be driving and be over the limit???

Good luck with that in todays world.

Hooker is defenite starter and possible difference maker at safety. That leaves 1 spot for 3 players now; Stone, Gervase & Synder. I was already wondering how they were going to keep Stone off the field if playing Gervase now you toss in Synder who is coming off 2 knee repairs. Barring injury to one of the three I’m not sure how this works.

So, would a true freshman have to wait until their redshirt is over or until they get on the 2 deep to take their suspension. I think missing a bowl trip and all the money/gifts And 40 days off the facility should count as something. I personally hate penalties that are not immediate. Crossing over to two seasons and 8-9 months becomes extreme. This might be the first that I recall to have a punishment cross to next season.

Just curious how you felt about Rucker's deal with MSU in 2010. He was in jail 8 days and missed two games while in jail. There was a howl of indignation on HROT when Dantonio let him play against Iowa with no school-imposed consequence. He wasn't going to play in the prior two games because he was in jail. Snyder wasn't going to play because he was injured. Saying a guy served a suspension when in fact he wasn't going to play anyway seems a bit disingenuous.
And let's be honest about how much of a punishment it was to not be able to go to NYC at the end of December.
And as for it being unfair to carry over a suspension, I know of cases where HS players have been suspended the first game of the season for getting kicked out of the last game of the previous season.

Just curious how you felt about Rucker's deal with MSU in 2010. He was in jail 8 days and missed two games while in jail. There was a howl of indignation on HROT when Dantonio let him play against Iowa with no school-imposed consequence. He wasn't going to play in the prior two games because he was in jail. Snyder wasn't going to play because he was injured. Saying a guy served a suspension when in fact he wasn't going to play anyway seems a bit disingenuous.
And let's be honest about how much of a punishment it was to not be able to go to NYC at the end of December.
And as for it being unfair to carry over a suspension, I know of cases where HS players have been suspended the first game of the season for getting kicked out of the last game of the previous season.

So you comparing a guy who was in jail to a guy that was injured? Also, Rucker was coming off of the "Zero Tolerance" Dantonio policy. Apples to Oranges.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

When the sport and the team is pretty much your life for 4-5 years, I'd say it's a pretty big deal to miss the experience regardless of location/time of year.

He didn't get to travel with team to NYC. I'd say he probably viewed that punishment as bad as missing a game on the field.

Yeah not traveling to the bowl game is a rather significant penalty, moreso than sitting out the first regular season game. Hopefully his injury issues are behind him. If he's fully back that makes Iowa better

Reactions: easy2
Start the first game after his off-season OWI? That isn't very Kirkish.
Is missing the free trip to NYC or missing the N Illinois game a harsher punishment?

Also Rucker was in jail because his OWI arrest was a parole violation from a previous incident, so his and Snyder's situation aren't equivalent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT