ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Streeter

Clemson hired TCU OC for $1.1750 million a year I believe. Iowa is paying their OC $900,000. A lot of difference in those two salaries and results.
I think Brian is right at a mill after his raise. I could be wrong.
Edit: you're right. 900k

Clemson hired TCU OC for $1.1750 million a year I believe. Iowa is paying their OC $900,000. A lot of difference in those two salaries and results.
Kentucky just hired Liam Coen as OC for $1.7 million/yr. That puts him in the top 10 highest salaries for assistant coaches in any position in college football.

Iowa would have the money to hire this guy, however I cannot see Kirk hiring anyone who cannot run his pro style conservative offense, and really, what successful OC would want to sign up for that? If Kirk really is going to be Kirk 2.0, or 3.0 or whatever, he needs to scrap his offensive philosophy, hire and give full control to a successful proven OC. But I can only see Kirk changing so much. and I think this might be more then he is capable of. I would love for Kirk to prove me wrong.

Concur. Last time I checked, a cat don't change its spots, a rattle snake still bites, and rabbits are still scared of people. do not look for any of that to change, and I am sure that you all get my drift.

Reactions: intrepodor
Concur. Last time I checked, a cat don't change its spots, a rattle snake still bites, and rabbits are still scared of people. do not look for any of that to change, and I am sure that you all get my drift.
My dad has a rabbit that's not scared of people. Just an fyi. So how good was Clemsons offense last season. I know they had a really good record.

My dad has a rabbit that's not scared of people. Just an fyi. So how good was Clemsons offense last season. I know they had a really good record.
33.2pts a game vs 17.7 iowa
57 TDs vs 25 iowa
320 first downs vs 179 iowa (figured it’d be worse)
5744 total offense vs 3271 iowa
Roughly 200yds a game better than iowa… so yeah… that’s the difference in philosophy.. still don’t understand why you can’t have both… aka Georgia

57 TDs vs 25 iowa
Roughly 200yds a game better than iowa… so yeah… that’s the difference in philosophy.. still don’t understand why you can’t have both… aka Georgia
Those are good numbers. I don't know much about his offensive style but i would love to see numbers even close to that at Iowa!

Those are good numbers. I don't know much about his offensive style but i would love to see numbers even close to that at Iowa!
Be a lot closer if we had more talent on that side of the ball. I can’t even imagine how many yards/point were left on the field last season due to poor individual play. Then the line play adds a whole lot more!
We could definitely have a much better OC.. but without the horses it wouldn’t matter as much as ppl would expect

Be a lot closer if we had more talent on that side of the ball. I can’t even imagine how many yards/point were left on the field last season due to poor individual play. Then the line play adds a whole lot more!
We could definitely have a much better OC.. but without the horses it wouldn’t matter as much as ppl would expect
I agree but I'm one of those that thinks we'll have and do have some much better players for next fall. I was hoping for another portal before the 18th just for them to get more time with spring ball and becoming more a part if the team. I know i get made fun of a bit but fully expect a big west championship next season and a good chance at a big championship. I really want one of those special seasons after struggling tocwatch our offense last 2 years

Streeter was making $935K. Close to what Brian is paid. I know Kirk wouldn't consider him, the Gophers might though.

I agree but I'm one of those that thinks we'll have and do have some much better players for next fall. I was hoping for another portal before the 18th just for them to get more time with spring ball and becoming more a part if the team. I know i get made fun of a bit but fully expect a big west championship next season and a good chance at a big championship. I really want one of those special seasons after struggling tocwatch our offense last 2 years

john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
We are talking a couple hundred thousand for a massive upgrade, sure Kirk would be willing to fire his son and take a salary cut to make up the difference, right?!

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
57 TDs vs 25 iowa
Take a look at the difference in players

57 TDs vs 25 iowa
Yeah, but is that better than what we've got?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT