ADVERTISEMENT

Brands interview on flo

No big surprises, nothing to disagree with.

He mentioned Ybarra as an option at 133 (while waiting for Teske's return). This seems to indicate that (1) Ybarra's not going down to 125 to back up Spencer; (2) Schriever is not in the driver's seat at 133. The way it sounded to me is, "While we wait for Teske's return, I have to decide between Schriever and Ybarra as the back-up, and I haven't yet."

I liked the comments about Real's mindset and strategic approach to improvement.

Reactions: Inthecircle

He mentioned Ybarra as an option at 133 (while waiting for Teske's return). This seems to indicate that (1) Ybarra's not going down to 125 to back up Spencer; (2) Schriever is not in the driver's seat at 133. The way it sounded to me is, "While we wait for Teske's return, I have to decide between Schriever and Ybarra as the back-up, and I haven't yet."

I liked the comments about Real's mindset and strategic approach to improvement.
Schriever seems to be squandering his opportunity.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Schriever and Ybarra is close for backup? Schriever is under performing/hurt or Ybarra is really improving?
Wrestlestat rankings:
Schriever: '21: #47 (2-1). '22: #48 (15-5). '23: #43 (8-2).
Ybarra: '21: #133 (0 matches). '22: #131 (5-5). '23: #127 (0 matches)

With the usual caveats about wrestlestat's algorithm accuracy, Schriever isn't improving at a fast enough pace. (I liked his potential last year and expected him to be better this year than he has shown.)

Ybarra needs to actually wrestle if he expects to improve. 10 matches over 3 years is a hobby, not a career.

I took it from the interview that Teske is our 133, he just isn't healthy yet. I don't know if Cullen is dinged up or what, but he has not shown much offense this year and that is disappointing. I'm not sold on Teske either is the problem.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I took it from the interview that Teske is our 133, he just isn't healthy yet. I don't know if Cullen is dinged up or what, but he has not shown much offense this year and that is disappointing. I'm not sold on Teske either is the problem.
Teske is our best option without a doubt.

Schriever seems to be squandering his opportunity.

I guess I’m a little surprised you guys didn’t already understand Teske is our 133 and Schriever is just filling in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT