ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Elon Musk confirms that Twitter has interfered with elections

It wasn't bullshit. That's the point. You believe it is in part because of Twitter purposely making it seem that way to help a political candidate.
What was bullshit? How was verification of the existence or non-existence of a laptop going to help a political candidate? Man, you people and your rabbit-holes.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
In any event, if the laptop was "real", who cares? Is its existence somehow some kind of kryptonite that automatically is bad for Joe Biden, like Hillary emails? Why does this have any importance at all?
If you actually read my post I explicitly said that the laptop wasn't ever going to be a game changer in 2020...

The issue is it being labeled "russian disinformation" by the vast majority of the media and being "ban worthy" on social media.

I find that problematic....you don't. We'll just agree to disagree on that.

Here's just one story from 2020....I'm not going to post the dozens of others....if you want to pretend that wasn't the case so be it. But it's gaslighting on your part IMO.

If you actually read my post I explicitly said that the laptop wasn't ever going to be a game changer in 2020...

The issue is it being labeled "russian disinformation" by the vast majority of the media and being "ban worthy" on social media.

Here's just one story from 2020....I'm not going to post the dozens of others....if you want to pretend that wasn't the case so be it. But it's gaslighting on your part IMO.

Oh come on. So these former intelligence officials labeled it Russian disinformation because it fit the profile of Russian disinformation. Again, why is this so important? Why are MAGA Republicans pretending that something that only they care about, and only they would ever care about was some kind of decisive factor in the 2020 election?

Oh come on. So these former intelligence officials labeled it Russian disinformation because it fit the profile of Russian disinformation. Again, why is this so important?
Why is it important? Because it wasn't true.

The problem is the vast majority of media and social media went along with this narrative. If you wonder why a high percentage of folks don't trust the media....this is a prime example.

Never really saw any hate directed towards Musk until Twitter. Hmmm

I called him out a long time ago. It's only recently that it's become cool.

You must not have been paying attention, Musk turned a lot of people off when his Illegal Union Busting efforts, the hostile work conditions inside Tesla factories, and his sexual harassment settlement became public.

He turned me off a lot sooner when he constantly over promised and under delivered.

Look if a guy promised it in one year and it happened in 3 I would get it. But much like many other promises Musk always promises self driving cars are right around the corner, always in a year or so and they never come.

He's been promising self driving cars longer than Donald Trump has been promising a healthcare bill!!

I could see who he was a LONG TIME ago. He's no genius. He's just a brilliant salesman who finally after like 3 decades managed to make his car company profitable.

Why is it important? Because it wasn't true.

The problem is the vast majority of media and social media went along with this narrative. If you wonder why a high percentage of folks don't trust the media....this is a prime example.
Oh for bleeping hell. From what I can see, they were providing the best available information at the time, the reason they didn't go with it was because the media pushing the laptop story are the same media that's wrong and/or lying about pretty much everything pretty much all the time.

Still, because of the rightwing media megaphone (if only the libs had the same media infrastructure) the story was still broadcast loud and far across the land. And just because Fox/GQP media wasn't completely full of shit once shouldn't be utilized as a means of discrediting Mainstream Media (there are plenty of other methods of doing that).

In any event, the record has been corrected. Apparently the laptop exists! And WGAF other than the usual nuts?

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
Oh for bleeping hell. From what I can see, they were providing the best available information at the time, the reason they didn't go with it was because the media pushing the laptop story are the same media that's wrong and/or lying about pretty much everything pretty much all the time.

Still, because of the rightwing media megaphone (if only the libs had the same media infrastructure) the story was still broadcast loud and far across the land. And just because Fox/GQP media wasn't completely full of shit once shouldn't be utilized as a means of discrediting Mainstream Media (there are plenty of other methods of doing that).

In any event, the record has been corrected. Apparently the laptop exists! And WGAF other than the usual nuts?
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the subject.

He turned me off a lot sooner when he constantly over promised and under delivered.

Look if a guy promised it in one year and it happened in 3 I would get it. But much like many other promises Musk always promises self driving cars are right around the corner, always in a year or so and they never come.

He's been promising self driving cars longer than Donald Trump has been promising a healthcare bill!!

I could see who he was a LONG TIME ago. He's no genius. He's just a brilliant salesman who finally after like 3 decades managed to make his car company profitable.

The guy likes to make money with speculation. I am pretty sure he was invested in Twitter to try to speculate the price up by claiming he was going to buy, but then he got forced to buy it anyway.

“50 former intelligence officers” got it wrong but it does sound super authoritative for the masses who will accept these anonymous “sources” and their “statement” as factual information.

This isn’t a one off occurrence. The media does this with regularity and rarely face any repercussions. So they keep doing it.

You do know that guy Dan O’Dowd has competing lidar technology that stands to become obsolete against Tesla’s FSD vision hardware/software/NN training right? Does he disclose he is a competitor to the technology & Musk? Does he disclose his software is also used in some NASA applications and SpaceX is his competitor too?

Tesla’s self drive on the highway and have for 4 years. Teslas are now self driving beta testers on US city streets every day. Currently around 300,000 drivers. No interventions in many drives. I have the software installed and it drove me to work this morning. No interventions. That video and its claims are moot. Self driving cars are already here. Regulatory approval will be slow and must pass a high bar to become approved (rightly) but the technology works.

Last edited:
This story points out the dangers involved with allowing various unqualified or potentially even politically compromised entities to be the final arbiter of truth for all,... This is how lemmings get their bad press.

Last edited:
The guy likes to make money with speculation. I am pretty sure he was invested in Twitter to try to speculate the price up by claiming he was going to buy, but then he got forced to buy it anyway.
I can't figure out if there is much of any strategy with him. He's impulsive and can't keep his mouth shut.

Reactions: Moral
Anyone claiming that "bashing" Elon Musk is a recent (i.e. post-Twitter purchase) phenomenon has been living with his/her head shoved squarely up Musk's rectum.

To be fair it's relatively recent within maybe the last 2 years. Go back in my thread that was done 3 years ago in 2019 and people thought I was crazy. Then when Tesla finally made a profit someone a couple years later dug up the thread just to rub my face in it. That's only a year ago.

Musk had a very extensive and very liberal cult of personality for a very long time. Now Musk is an attention whore so when liberals started to detach because of what Musk was doing he went all in for the Republicans.

Here are some other threads from only a few years ago where I call out Musk and people defend him.

Last edited:
Reactions: naturalbornhawk
It is scary that pj doesn’t get this and there are a lot like him
Not sure it's scary but it's pretty standard across the political spectrum. If you don't have a problem with something politically....it isn't a problem.

I want to highlight this thread from just 4 years ago with everyone telling me how I'm an idiot for thinking Elon's not much of a genius and kind of a snake oil salesman. Meanwhile everyone else, many who are ripping on him now where saying he was a genius.

Now I admit that 3 years after this thread Tesla did finally manage to turn a small profit.

But I was calling Elon out early on. This ripping on Elon is a new thing for most when Elon turned Republican to satisfy his need for adulation and attention.

giphy.gif

Oh and for the record despite Telsa finally turning a profit I wasn't even that far off on my predictions about Tesla because Musk later said that Tesla was **DAYS** away from bankruptcy.

To be fair it's relatively recent within maybe the last 2 years. Go back in my thread that was done 3 years ago in 2019 and people thought I was crazy. Then when Tesla finally made a profit someone a couple years later dug up the thread just to rub my face in it. That's only a year ago.

Musk had a very extensive and very liberal cult of personality for a very long time. Now Musk is an attention whore so when liberals started to detach because of what Musk was doing he went all in for the Republicans.

Here are some other threads from only a few years ago where I call out Musk and people defend him.

I have a client that has been involved in extensive litigation with Tesla. I've litigated cases for nearly 30 years and have run into situations where certain companies exude a "we are simply better than you" attitude in all aspects of how they deal with others. Tesla is at the top of that list. The "what the f do you know, we're Tesla" attitude was nauseating but consistent with the cultish Elon-can-do-no-wrong attitudes. It was particularly satisfying when the judge not only ruled in my client's favor but referred to Tesla's counsel's tortured interpretation of the contract as amateurish and lacking any sense of logic. Very much enjoyed receiving a check from Tesla to cover not only our legal fees that were clearly required by the contract with my client along with legal fees associated with the underlying litigation (Tesla's lawyers indicated that we had 0% chance on the latter).

It is scary that pj doesn’t get this and there are a lot like him
LOL, you and yours consume media that lies relentlessly and is completely agenda driven. I have serious problems with mainstream "liberal" media, but the people complaining about Hunter's laptop could care less about truth or credibility when it comes to media. Got any Paul Pelosi or Comet Pizza stories you want to share?

I never thought of Twitter as the final arbiter of truth.

When Twitter takes it upon itself to decide what is and what isn't real enough to be displayed on their platform they are operating as the final arbiter of truth...

Last edited:
Literally everyone does that.

Not like Twitter, the mainstream media and big government have done recently,.. They choose what to support and then suppress and actively attempt to discredit what they don't support,.. all under the guise of knowing better than anyone else what's best for the unwashed masses....

ADVERTISEMENT