ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking out of Ames, Clayton Custer is Creaned....

Hawkeyestate81

HB All-American
Feb 21, 2012
Polk City, Iowa
Over/under 2 weeks until the next transfer cast off is welcomed in Ames with open arms after the former 4 star PG who appears to be a bust was run out of town to make room for said transfer?

post-60209-walking-dead-abraham-mother-di-CIvS.gif

Creaning happens when scholarships are needed to be "found". Not the case here at all. Custer played fewer minutes than Pat Ingram did his freshman year. Sometimes the writing is on the wall. My daughter knows Clay and he's a great kid and I wish he was staying but he will get minutes somewhere.

This is the nature of college athletics. It's not just basketball it's all sports. It happens everywhere. And maybe some places more than others. It's better to focus who is in the game not who might be or won't be.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Cydkar:
Creaning happens when scholarships are needed to be "found". Not the case here at all. Custer played fewer minutes than Pat Ingram did his freshman year. Sometimes the writing is on the wall. My daughter knows Clay and he's a great kid and I wish he was staying but he will get minutes somewhere.
I wish we had as many ISU threads on CR as the Hawkeyes have here. We just don't have as much interest in ISU sports, I guess.

Do we need another scholie, by the way? I was thinking we had 11 of them committed (including Custer), which would leave 2 available. Am I miscounting? I'm including the 3 kids redshirting in the 11.

You are not missing anything Lone. ISU had two available, now has three. Iowa fans like the OP like to use the term Creaning yet you do not see mention of it when a Dickerson or Meyer or Ingram transfer. They lob it towards ISU even when we already have empty roster spots to act like an ISU transfer is devious but ones at Iowa are just to be ignored.

Originally posted by FarmerClone:
You are not missing anything Lone. ISU had two available, now has three. Iowa fans like the OP like to use the term Creaning yet you do not see mention of it when a Dickerson or Meyer or Ingram transfer. They lob it towards ISU even when we already have empty roster spots to act like an ISU transfer is devious but ones at Iowa are just to be ignored.
Yeah. But I'm still going to be nice and not mention that missing on a high school kid is one thing, but missing badly on a JC kid is something else again.

Agree Cyclone fans. This is not on Hoiberg or ISU. It is on the kid wanting to play, sees limited opportunity at ISU. Apologies for the OP. We don't need this kind of banter.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Yeah. But I'm still going to be nice and not mention that missing on a high school kid is one thing, but missing badly on a JC kid is something else again. 
He did miss pretty bad on Bluford and Edozie.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Sheer number of transfers, are clearly different here. Isu has had three times the transfers compared to Iowa. Also, color me in, for wishing Dickerson stayed. I think he could have had a solid future here.

the Warden does not crean players nor does Fran TD was a 2nd Team JUCO AA that would have been the clear favorite to be the starter in 2016-17 season, his leaving was and is a big mystery to me, Meyer RS so his leaving again has me confused as Olaseni was a project when Meyer left,

the onkly one that might fall into "seeing the writing on the wall might be Ingram" remember Fran was just building this team and was not running players off and was also playing 10-11 players 10+ mpg on a regular basis, so the excuse playing time is a weak excuse.

Fran had a pair of prime candidates to run off BUT he did not do so in Brommer and Archie. that is why nobody says a word about players leaving. and right now there is nobody that has to worry about playing time

Gesell will be as 4 year starter why leave?
Woody will be a 4 year starter why leave?
Jok will be starting his 2nd season why leave?
Clemmons has started off and on and has found a home as the teams 6th man why leave?
Uthoff will be starting for the 2nd year in a roq after transferring why leave?
Uhl looks to be a starter this fall why leave?
Ellingson just RS'd and will have a full year under his belt before any of the newcomers get on campus why leave?

as for the FR they were all aware of what they were getting into before they signed their LOI. EVEN Williams is well aware of what's in front of him.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Wtf this is not a creaning.  Our fans need to get a grip with the ISU stuff.
Agreed definitely not creaning, pretty sure he saw Morris in front of him and realized he wasn't playing anytime soon. With that being said, I hope morris leaves after next year.

Originally posted by relish...ning18:

Wtf this is not a creaning. Our fans need to get a grip with the ISU stuff.

Agreed definitely not creaning, pretty sure he saw Morris in front of him and realized he wasn't playing anytime soon. With that being said, I hope morris leaves after next year.

All of this is true, and/or in line with my hopes.

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:
Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Yeah. But I'm still going to be nice and not mention that missing on a high school kid is one thing, but missing badly on a JC kid is something else again.Â
He did miss pretty bad on Bluford and Edozie.
I'll give you Bluford. Edozie started in the win over North Carolina in the round of 32 last year and in the Sweet Sixteen game against UConn. He would have played a lot more this year if not for the appearance of McKay.

Incidentally, did you read the story about Edozie's history?

What I do not understand is why Hawkeye fans are not clamoring for this 4* recruit with a redshirt year and 3 years of eligibility left. After all, Iowa does not have a true PG on the roster after next season and with the prospect of starting a freshman versus a RSSoph it seems like a not brainer for Fran and Co. to make a run at this guy.

LOL

I was over here and jokingly accused Iowa of Creaning dickerson. People on YOUR broad explained it was not Creaning because you had not over signed. I asked that you remember YOUR definition in the future. Looks like you forgot again. as I said then, you think every kid that leaves anywhere but iowa is Creaned, but your guys leave for some noble reason, only understood by you.
BTW....Custer is not good enough to play at this level. Will go where he can play.....not unlike Dickerson.

Wtf this is not a creaning. Our fans need to get a grip with the ISU stuff.[/B]
Amen. A bunch of insecure whiny little school girls.

I don't think Custer is looking for a team where he would be a red shirt. If he didn't mind setting out another year he would stay at ISU as Long will be graduating next year.

Originally posted by Myvue:
I don't think Custer is looking for a team where he would be a red shirt. If he didn't mind setting out another year he would stay at ISU as Long will be graduating next year.
If he transfers to another D1 school he will have to sit out a seqson, so it does not matter whether he wants to redshirt. The fact that he is transferring will require it.

Originally posted by Cydkar:
if-you-know-what-i-mean-mr-bean-rage-face-jas-fasola-podtekst-erotyczny-mem-oryginal.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT