ADVERTISEMENT

Breonna Taylor

It’s not exactly common practice to solely use the suspect’s, in this case the cops’, version of events, with little corroboration, when determining the facts of the case and present that to the grand jury. It’s likely, the same cops, who repeatedly lied previously, would also make up events to justify their actions. The AG neglected to mention that 12 people also stated the cops did not announce themselves and corroborated Walker’s version of events, instead. That alone is enough evidence to indict and take to trial, especially since they shot a 3rd party—which does not fall under the Kentucky self defense statute.

So what if the 12 witnesses who didn't hear the cops announce live down the hall, or on another floor? And the witness that did hear them lives right across the hall? It's moot regardless, as they were not required to knock or announce themselves.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
So cop takes the bullet then the guy shoots me ( you might like that, so we'll pretend he shooting at you ;) )after the cop? Seriously?? Glad you're not out "protecting" us.....
What kind of dishonest point is this? I said if it was the best way to save a life. No points for you.

Wow. You need to go on a ride along sometime. Cops are NOT there to take a bullet for a citizen. And they are there to win the engagement.
That’s the problem. We will need to fix the entire police culture.

We don't know that. The facts laid out did not say "softly." Unsatisfying as it may be, it doesn't help anything to make stuff up to be angry about.

When the facts finally come out and don't match the 6 month narrative, it's disappointing. The lesson; let facts come out before you cling to a narrative.
Right- we don’t know that. There should be a trial to discover just what happened.

Reactions: Fluffles
I’m really upset about this injustice. I feel so incredibly sad for this country. I’m so disillusioned. We need healing.
What are you complaining about? The cops knocked on the door and announced who they were as testified by neighbors who heard them. They enter the house and the guy starts shooting at them. A cop returns fire and kills Breanna Taylor. He is indicted on charges, but not on murder charges. Why would you think it would be justice to indict the cop on charges of murder when the crime does not fit?

Reactions: WestIAHawk
They didn’t wait for the person to come to the door. They broke it down. They came there with the Internet of breaking in. That was the whole point of showing up at midnight.

You’re essentially saying there is no right to defend your home. The state has taken that from you if we accept this norm.
They believed it was a drug house. Try to keep up. They did nothing wrong and abused by the current laws. I don’t believe her BF was a straight arrow by any means.

Of course they should take a bullet if that’s the best way to save a civilian. How can you even ask that?
200.gif

It doesn't mean that she should have been shot.... But she was much more involved in criminal activity than most are reporting. The warrant was justified, if the boyfriend wouldn't have "shot first ask questions later", she'd be alive today. A sad ending.

It's sad that most news outlets don't lay out all the facts at their disposal, like the Louisville Courier does.

What kind of dishonest point is this? I said if it was the best way to save a life. No points for you.
How do they save people by dying and leaving a gunman alive and able to keep shooting? That is never the best way.... worst maybe. Negative points for you

Well just saying all the 100s of billions spent enforcing drug laws each year - maybe directed toward social services ?
Or let's just make the billionaires pay their share and we can keep hard drugs illegal.

Weed should have been legal decades ago, I won't argue that.

It doesn't mean that she should have been shot.... But she was much more involved in criminal activity than most are reporting. The warrant was justified, if the boyfriend wouldn't have "shot first ask questions later", she'd be alive today. A sad ending.

It's sad that most news outlets don't lay out all the facts at their disposal, like the Louisville Courier does.

My biggest beef with this is the late night "no knock" warrant. I think it puts police in a really crappy position. Even if they announce and knock (I'm skeptical because they went to the effort of getting a no-knock), it's a little after midnight and the couple is in bed. Are they going to catch all the context or are they going to wake up with an adrenaline rush because there's banging on the door? BF gets his gun and fires. Cops are now in an untenable situation.

Charges are difficult. BF was protecting his turf and the officers were returning fire. Who is more wrong? Probably PD leadership.

Reactions: sober_teacher
My biggest beef with this is the late night "no knock" warrant. I think it puts police in a really crappy position. Even if they announce and knock (I'm skeptical because they went to the effort of getting a no-knock), it's a little after midnight and the couple is in bed. Are they going to catch all the context or are they going to wake up with an adrenaline rush because there's banging on the door? BF gets his gun and fires. Cops are now in an untenable situation.

Charges are difficult. BF was protecting his turf and the officers were returning fire. Who is more wrong? Probably PD leadership.

Right, you're putting everyone in a terrible situation. I'd be angry as a citizen to be put into that situation -- firing at cops I didn't even understand were cops. Are drugs reason enough to execute such a maneuver?

I don't think so. Drug laws need to change, no-knock needs to be re-thought a bit and used extremely judiciously.

Yea....hard pass. Who wants to make hard drugs even more easily accessible?
Ok most would draw the line at hard drugs and understandable. Maybe lesson the penalties for those caught with personal use hard drugs and change the approach. Decriminalize THC?

The thing about our system , if one has drug possession on their record it bars them from a large portion of professions... have a felony ? Even more difficult... spend time in prison - you’re darn nearly regulated to a life of crime.

free trade school for low income ? I can get on board with that , USA needs welders, electricians, plumbers, mechanics, etc. — often these professions still pay enough for a good comfortable living.

I’m really upset about this injustice. I feel so incredibly sad for this country. I’m so disillusioned. We need healing.

Yeah the dead body of Fernandez Bowman being found in Breonna Taylor’s rental car for which she was never held responsible for was definitely a massive injustice. It’s awesome you feel bad about that, otherwise you’d be a hypocritical dbag ignoring key facts to fit a narrative.

Criminal Investigation

Last edited:
That’s the problem. We will need to fix the entire police culture.
How fast do you think turnover in police departments will be if 1) their required to take a bullet and 2) injury and death on a daily basis?

You seriously don't believe this, do you?

Moreover, they went through the trouble of obtaining a no knock warrant which the police attested was necessary for safety and protect against destruction of evidence, but they proceed to disregard the attestation and announce that they were the police. That’s seems implausible.

Rubbish. The no-knock authorization is merely a tool. The team can use it or not depending on the circumstances at the time of execution.

That’s what I mean. They have a duty to protect people justifiably shooting at them. They caused the gun fire by breaking into the home. Knock on the door if you want to enter. Serve the community with respect and civility. That’s their job.

Witness says they knocked. Furthermore, they didnt have to knock if they didnt want to.

Reactions: The_Gent
Yeah the dead body of Fernandez Bowman being found in Breonna Taylor’s rental car for which she was never held responsible for was definitely a massive injustice. It’s awesome you feel bad about that, otherwise you’d be a hypocritical dbag ignoring key facts to fit a narrative.

Criminal Investigation

Wow. Yea, no criminal activity going on.:rolleyes:.
Not saying any of her criminal involvement should have resulted in being killed. But if you associate with criminals and drug dealers.... You're going to be involved in police raids.

An innocent woman was killed by police. A woman who spent her days in the ER saving lives. Gunned down by police due to criminal negligence. Yet the killers get off free. And people seem happy. Amazing.

where was the criminal negligence that caused her to get gunned down ?

That and quite frankly there is no chance to present proof of being police. . . I mean how hard is it for a criminal to knock down a door yelling "POLICE"??

I agree with you on that. But from what I'm hearing there were also problems with the police conduct themselves that night. Why didn't they get any camera footage of this?

ADVERTISEMENT