ADVERTISEMENT

Breonna Taylor

Are you high? Did you make this up in your head for the feels? I can't believe that you actually believe what you wrote. Holy hell!
That’s how cops would treat you and I. If they had a problem they would call or approach respectfully. All people deserve the presumption of innocence. These people were not criminals. Why do you want to live in a police state.

How fast do you think turnover in police departments will be if 1) their required to take a bullet and 2) injury and death on a daily basis?

You seriously don't believe this, do you?
I seriously do. We need a lot more turn over. There are many rotten apples that need to go.

Explain why it is an injustice. Just because you don't like the outcome doesn't mean that it was wrong.
Any time the state kills an innocent person it’s an injustice. You can’t be a friend of liberty if you don’t believe that.

Any time the state kills an innocent person it’s an injustice. You can’t be a friend of liberty if you don’t believe that.

For arguments sake...

Lets say I'm driving down the road minding my business and roll through an intersection with a green light. At the same time a car flies through their red light, striking my car which gets flipped on to a pedestrian walking by and killing them. You are saying I should be at fault?

For arguments sake...

Lets say I'm driving down the road minding my business and roll through an intersection with a green light. At the same time a car flies through their red light, striking my car which gets flipped on to a pedestrian walking by and killing them. You are saying I should be at fault?
I don’t see the relevance of your hypothetical. Was the car going through a red light a cop car? In any case that is who is responsible in my thinking.

In the a Taylor case it was a cop that crashed into her home and shot an innocent woman. She deserves justice.

Great, then add a charge for recklessly hitting an innocent woman. One can’t be true without the other.

As I understand it, the victim(s) for the three charges for wanton disregard was Taylor’s neighbors not Taylor. While tragic Taylor‘s death was not criminal and is reasonable under the circumstances. Had a neighbor been killed you’d see charges for them as they were not party to the actions coming from Taylor’s residence.

As I understand it, the victim(s) for the three charges for wanton disregard was Taylor’s neighbors not Taylor. While tragic Taylor‘s death was not criminal and is reasonable under the circumstances. Had a neighbor been killed you’d see charges for them as they were not party to the actions coming from Taylor’s residence.
It’s not reasonable or even legal under Kentucky law to kill an innocent third party when returning fire in self defense.

It’s not reasonable or even legal under Kentucky law to kill an innocent third party when returning fire in self defense.

Well...yes and no.

The police had the right to return fire based on their status and training. Also, they would have to prove that the officers were trying to kill not only Walker that fired upon them, but also Taylor. Not going to happen.

Again, it is a sad case but really comes down to being in the wrong place and wrong time as well as the whole company you keep deal.

That and quite frankly there is no chance to present proof of being police. . . I mean how hard is it for a criminal to knock down a door yelling "POLICE"??

I agree with you on that. But from what I'm hearing there were also problems with the police conduct themselves that night. Why didn't they get any camera footage of this?

Yes, the lack of body cam footage is very concerning. It's amazing how often there's a "malfunction" of the body cam when someone catches the dead.

Reactions: IAHawk2011
Right on time, her come the right wing apologists to smear the dead. Somehow it’s always the victim’s fault for getting in the way of cops bullets - even when they weren’t the person they were after.

Well...yes and no.

The police had the right to return fire based on their status and training. Also, they would have to prove that the officers were trying to kill not only Walker that fired upon them, but also Taylor. Not going to happen.

Again, it is a sad case but really comes down to being in the wrong place and wrong time as well as the whole company you keep deal.

I don't blame them for returning fire at that point, but everything they did before knocking down the door seemed to make it more likely that they were going to confuse the residents of the apartment into believing that they were under attack from criminals.

Plus you see a lot of evidence of a cover up going on here. It defies belief that no one's body cam would be working during all of this. There should be charges on the basis of the cover up alone.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I don't blame them for returning fire at that point, but everything they did before knocking down the door seemed to make it more likely that they were going to confuse the residents of the apartment into believing that they were under attack from criminals.

Plus you see a lot of evidence of a cover up going on here. It defies belief that no one's body cam would be working during all of this. There should be charges on the basis of the cover up alone.

Reasonable points and hopefully things that were weighed in the GJ.

They weren’t drug dealers.

Breonna's ex was in jail for drug trafficking, illegal weapons possession, and being part of a criminal syndicate. She bailed him out about 2 months before this incident. * You don't regularly go to a trap house, which she was filmed doing, and f*** drug traffickers, and bail out drug traffickers and be squeaky clean. She was an accessory.

*Edited for accuracy, Kenneth Walker was not part of Jamarcus Glover's crime ring.

Last edited:

"The jail recordings The Courier Journal reviewed show that on March 13, Glover, while trying to round up cash to make bail on a new set of trafficking charges, called a girlfriend and told her Taylor had his money.

"She had the eight grand I gave her the other day, and she picked up another six," Glover said.

“Did she tell you where it was?” the caller asked him.

“She didn't have the chance to tell me nothing,” he replied. “She dead.”

When the caller asked Glover why he had left the money with Taylor, he said: “Don’t take it wrong but Bre been handling all my money. She has been handling (expletive) for me and … it ain’t just me."

The DA said the warrant was not a NK Warrant that the officers identified themselves. I would like to see the actual wording of the warrant to see if that actually was the case.

I believe the Kentucky AG said the warrant was not executed as a no-knock warrant. It still could have been endorsed for night service and no-knock.

Breonna's ex was in jail for drug trafficking, illegal weapons possession, and being part of a criminal syndicate. She bailed him out about 2 months before this incident. The guy she was currently f'ing was part of the crew. You don't regularly go to a trap house, which she was filmed doing, and f*** drug traffickers, and bail out drug traffickers and be squeaky clean. She was an accessory.
Typical right wing smear. She dated someone accused of a crime/she bailed someone out of jail therefor it's her own fault the police gunned her down in her own home while trying to arrest someone they already had in custody.

What's the appropriate charge? I never saw anything that gave you murder. No knock is a problem.
A neighbor confirmed the police identified themselves. I guess the AG is an Uncle Tom?

Edit-AG can't be an Uncle Tom since Biden says he ain't black.

There appears to be a great deal of conflicting testimonies regarding whether cops knocked/announced themselves, or not. This likely played a role in not pursuing charges.

I honestly don't know what charges would be appropriate here. I have questions as to why the warrant was served at such a late hour - I would think there's a better chance things don't go sideways during the day. Why not have officers there sit on the place, make sure nobody leaves and move in the morning. With any luck, you could grab them as they exited the apartment.

While there's enough here to say the police were mostly justified in the shooting - I can't agree that they didn't behave in a reckless manner. Unless there was a time factor I'm not aware of, I don't understand why this had to go down in the dead of night, when there's often a much greater chance for chaos and confusion amongst all parties.

Or so we were told.

Too vague to understand.

Irrespective of the endorsement, forced entries should be video recorded by the team. Also, a second recording should be made from another position to help corroborate the knock-notice was likely heard from inside the residence.

The state AG and the police claiming that the police knocked and announced themselves does not make it so - especially when there are multiple witnesses claiming there was no knock and announce. Unfortunately, we will never know what actually happened because the body cams either miraculously weren’t working when this whole thing went down, or the police inexplicably were not required to wear them.

Typical right wing smear. She dated someone accused of a crime/she bailed someone out of jail therefor it's her own fault the police gunned her down in her own home while trying to arrest someone they already had in custody.

Typical left wing propaganda. They were at her house because she was an accessory to various felonies. Idiot.

Kenneth Walker, Taylor's BF, was not a drug user nor did he have a record involving drugs. There were no drugs found in Taylor's house. 11 witnesses said there was no announcement. Walker did not identify the assailants as police when he called 911.

The state AG and the police claiming that the police knocked and announced themselves does not make it so - especially when there are multiple witnesses claiming there was no knock and announce. Unfortunately, we will never know what actually happened because the body cams either miraculously weren’t working when this whole thing went down, or the police inexplicably were not required to wear them.

I dont think the multiple witnesses saying they heard no announcement. If its 1230 in the morning, the breach probably woke them up. The knock and announcement were not likely loud enough to wake them up, hence they didn't hear it. Context matters.

This keeps being said, but i don't think they were there to arrest anyone. I believe it was only a search warrant.
Even worse - they killed her for what then? Why did they need a no-knock if it was just a search warrant? Show up in the day when everyone is at work. No one gets gunned down.

Reactions: IAHawk2011
ADVERTISEMENT