ADVERTISEMENT

Breonna Taylor

Even worse - they killed her for what then? Why did they need a no-knock if it was just a search warrant? Show up in the day when everyone is at work. No one gets gunned down.

Yeah but its more likely they wouldn't be expecting the cops and wouldn't have money or contraband hidden.

Yeah but its more likely they wouldn't be expecting the cops and wouldn't have money or contraband hidden.
You understand that the founding fathers would roll over in their graves at this, right?

You realize they found nothing, right? All that manpower, effort and tragedy to turn up nothing. Another reason police forces need to be much better than they are.

I dont think the multiple witnesses saying they heard no announcement. If its 1230 in the morning, the breach probably woke them up. The knock and announcement were not likely loud enough to wake them up, hence they didn't hear it. Context matters.

Maybe. It seems pretty unlikely that the police could have knocked on the door and yelled without waking up the neighbors. It’s also pretty unlikely that all of them would have been asleep just after midnight.

Regardless - As far as I can tell, the determination that a no-knock warrant was NOT executed was made based off the statements of police officers and one witness. That’s pretty flimsy evidence. Some people are treating this like it is a proven fact that the police did not execute a no-knock warrant. That is simply not true.

Unfortunately, we do not know, and we will likely never know, because the police either were not required to wear body cameras, or because they all simultaneously (and rather conveniently) “malfunctioned.”

Maybe. It seems pretty unlikely that the police could have knocked on the door and yelled without waking up the neighbors. It’s also pretty unlikely that all of them would have been asleep just after midnight.

Regardless - As far as I can tell, the determination that a no-knock warrant was NOT executed was made based off the statements of police officers and one witness. That’s pretty flimsy evidence. Some people are treating this like it is a proven fact that the police did not execute a no-knock warrant. That is simply not true.

Unfortunately, we do not know, and we will likely never know, because the police either were not required to wear body cameras, or because they all simultaneously (and rather conveniently) “malfunctioned.”

That's all true, but in the end it doesn't matter. The ag said they had the option to do no knock so if they didn't knock it still would have been legal.

You realize they found nothing, right? All that manpower, effort and tragedy to turn up nothing. Another reason police forces need to be much better than they are.

They found drugs, money, and weapons at the other houses that were part of this investigation and associated search warrant. A ton of activity with convicted drug dealer at her apartment and with her.... That's why they had a dang search warrant.

Want to know why there isn't a search warrant for my house? I'm not an accoplice to a drug dealers.

I find it interesting that no one questions the boyfriend for shooting his gun without knowing who he is shooting at either.

Terrible ending, mistakes on all sides, but don't claim that the shooting was race related or premeditated

That's all true, but in the end it doesn't matter. The ag said they had the option to do no knock so if they didn't knock it still would have been legal.

Right. But if police didn’t knock, then you can hardly fault someone for coming out guns blazing when someone busts down the door of your house. A similar thing happened in Houston last year - police executed a no-knock warrant on a couple for suspected drug activity. They busted down the couple’s house, the couple started shooting, and the police killed them. Turns out the police made a bunch of false statements to obtain the warrant and the couple was completely innocent.

Police shouldn’t be executing no-knock warrants on low level drug offenses - they are incredibly dangerous for all parties involved, as well as bystanders.

They found drugs, money, and weapons at the other houses that were part of this investigation and associated search warrant. A ton of activity with convicted drug dealer at her apartment and with her.... That's why they had a dang search warrant.

Want to know why there isn't a search warrant for my house? I'm not an accoplice to a drug dealers.

I find it interesting that no one questions the boyfriend for shooting his gun without knowing who he is shooting at either.

Terrible ending, mistakes on all sides, but don't claim that the shooting was race related or premeditated

Uh, what? Why would you question the boyfriend for shooting at armed individuals who busted down his door unannounced? That is the exact scenario the Second Amendment is meant to protect.

Reactions: BelemNole
We don't know that. The facts laid out did not say "softly." Unsatisfying as it may be, it doesn't help anything to make stuff up to be angry about.

When the facts finally come out and don't match the 6 month narrative, it's disappointing. The lesson; let facts come out before you cling to a narrative.
And we all know that only the truth is spoken right? I mean the police report said there were no injuries during the incident so she must still be alive.

I’m well aware of how grand juries work, he doesn’t have to lie to tank a case. And if there is nothing to hide, why not release all the evidence presented to the grand jury and that he used to support his conclusions? Transparency should be the default in situations like this.

What motivation would he have to tank the case?

I have not seen anything that suggests there was a lot of activity at her place. Just association with one of the criminals.

And GTFO questioning why he shot when someone burst in.

Right. But if police didn’t knock, then you can hardly fault someone for coming out guns blazing when someone busts down the door of your house. A similar thing happened in Houston last year - police executed a no-knock warrant on a couple for suspected drug activity. They busted down the couple’s house, the couple started shooting, and the police killed them. Turns out the police made a bunch of false statements to obtain the warrant and the couple was completely innocent.

Police shouldn’t be executing no-knock warrants on low level drug offenses - they are incredibly dangerous for all parties involved, as well as bystanders.

I agree. But that doesn't change this case.

You aren’t allowed to kill innocent people in the name of self defense.
Lol. When does the boyfriend get some blame? She was far from innocent. When someone enters your house you don’t have the right to just open fire. And yes if your taking fire from a direction you’re going to fire in self defense. Why are all these riots about career criminals?
Even worse - they killed her for what then? Why did they need a no-knock if it was just a search warrant? Show up in the day when everyone is at work. No one gets gunned down.
Thats funny you think drug dealers go to work. They killed her because her boyfriend opened fire on them I think that’s been explained. No one gets gunned down if he doesn’t shoot first.

Lol. When does the boyfriend get some blame? She was far from innocent. When someone enters your house you don’t have the right to just open fire. And yes if your taking fire from a direction you’re going to fire in self defense. Why are all these riots about career criminals?

Thats funny you think drug dealers go to work. They killed her because her boyfriend opened fire on them I think that’s been explained. No one gets gunned down if he doesn’t shoot first.
Wait, are you serious? I need to pin this for the next time some idiot shoots a kid on his lawn.

She had two jobs. She was an ER tech who was planning on going back to nursing school.

They killed her when people invaded her home in the middle of the night and her boyfriend tried to protect her.

Wait, are you serious? I need to pin this for the next time some idiot shoots a kid on his lawn.

She had two jobs. She was an ER tech who was planning on going back to nursing school.

They killed her when people invaded her home in the middle of the night and her boyfriend tried to protect her.
You can pin it wherever you want but you got the BLM version of the story. The people you talk about were police officers with a signed warrant that had her name on it. She hadn’t been an ER tech or whatever for some time.

I don't? What about when I'm dead ass asleep and the front door is forcibly knocked down and I don't know what's coming at me? Sorry, but I'm opening fire. Thank God I live in Texas, I'll walk away clean everytime in that scenario.

You can pin it wherever you want but you got the BLM version of the story. The people you talk about were police officers with a signed warrant that had her name on it. She hadn’t been an ER tech or whatever for some time.
She was an ER technician at two hospitals. She was formerly an EMT.

Those officers and their warrant found nothing.

I don't? What about when I'm dead ass asleep and the front door is forcibly knocked down and I don't know what's coming at me? Sorry, but I'm opening fire. Thank God I live in Texas, I'll walk away clean everytime in that scenario.
So you think it’s a good idea to open fire without knowing who it is? Of course if they threaten you by all means open up. I don’t know the gun laws on Texas so I can speak to your situation.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

LOL...you might want to exercise the delete function for this stupidity. We have enough of that here...don't pylon.

The boyfriend had a second amendment right to open fire. Thinking like yours is the actual threat to the second amendment. A police state will take away your guns far quicker than any Democrat administration.

The boyfriend had a second amendment right to open fire. Thinking like yours is the actual threat to the second amendment. A police state will take away your guns far quicker than any Democrat administration.
He has the right to bear arms not to shoot at anyone he wants. There’s a huge difference. You can defend yourself but you need to be responsible and identify your target.

No knock warrants in the middle of the night need to go in all but the most serious cases. It just defies logic. A person has a right to own a gun and the person has a right to use deadly force to protect themselves. Cops shouldn't be able to shoot somebody for exercising their rights. We should ask the question, is the crime we believe this person committed serious enough to kill them over. In this case, the crime was your ex-boyfriend maybe dealt drugs and stored some at the house. Thats not worth killing somebody over.

It is if you you fire shots out of a drug house with a warrant looking for someone. You get what what your looking for, gangster. You wanna be a criminal? Drug dealing EMT. RIP.

He has the right to bear arms not to shoot at anyone he wants. There’s a huge difference. You can defend yourself but you need to be responsible and identify your target.
No there is not. The right to bear arms is nullified if there isn’t a right to fire when your home is invaded. This is a dangerous precedent that should deeply worry gun owners. This is a direct assault on the second amendment.

Are you saying the police identified Ms Taylor as their target? If not, why do police have a lower standard of justification?

• Love
Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT