ADVERTISEMENT

Breonna Taylor

Are you saying the police identified Ms Taylor as their target? If not, why do police have a lower standard of justification?
She was the target for the warrant. Not at shooting their guns. The difference is if you’re being fired on of course you return fire. The boyfriend was not being fired on when they entered the house.

She was the target for the warrant. Not at shooting their guns. The difference is if you’re being fired on of course you return fire. The boyfriend was not being fired on when they entered the house.
As I understand it, only her place was part of the warrant. And why would they fire on her instead of the boyfriend when she was unarmed?

No there is not. The right to bear arms is nullified if there isn’t a right to fire when your home is invaded. This is a dangerous precedent that should deeply worry gun owners. This is a direct assault on the second amendment.
It wasn’t being invaded. She was being served a warrant.

• Haha
Reactions: naturalmwa
No kidding. As her boyfriend had a duty to identify his target before shooting. The police wouldn’t have returned fire if they hadn’t been fired at.
Trained officers of the state have a much hire bar than citizens exercising their constitutional rights. Once again the right attacks the second amendment while the NRA and gun owners remain cowed. Deplorable.

Reactions: noleclone2
The target of the warrant was Taylor's ex boyfriend who was taken into custody from another location earlier in the evening.

Why were the charges against Kenneth Walker dropped if he was illegally firing his weapon?

Reactions: RileyHawk
The target of the warrant was Taylor's ex boyfriend who was taken into custody from another location earlier in the evening.

Why were the charges against Kenneth Walker dropped if he was illegally firing his weapon?
Did I say it was illegal? But look what happened after he opened fire. If he would have identified who was coming in none of this would have happened. When your name is on a warrant you’re the target of that warrant.

Did I say it was illegal? But look what happened after he opened fire. If he would have identified who was coming in none of this would have happened. When your name is on a warrant you’re the target of that warrant.

You said:
Lol. When does the boyfriend get some blame? She was far from innocent. When someone enters your house you don’t have the right to just open fire. And yes if your taking fire from a direction you’re going to fire in self defense. Why are all these riots about career criminals?

I assumed since you said he didn't have the right to open fire it must be illegal. How am I wrong about your statement?

Lol are you really that unaware how that could have happened? They break in. He opens fire. They returned fire she unfortunately gets hit. Look at Chicago every weekend to see how people get involved in a gun fight even if they don’t have a gun.
And he didn't get shot. The police fire 20+ rounds and fail to hit the guy who shot at them but do hit Taylor 6 times. At the very least, that's wildly reckless and incompetent.

You said:

I assumed since you said he didn't have the right to open fire it must be illegal. How am I wrong about your statement?
And he didn't get shot. The police fire 20+ rounds and fail to hit the guy who shot at them but do hit Taylor 6 times. At the very least, that's wildly reckless and incompetent.
Wildly reckless? Unless you’ve been in that situation I caouldnt answer that. If the boyfriend doesn’t shoot she’s alive. If she’s not involved in a drug investigation she’s alive. My mistake I don’t know the laws in Kentucky but a responsible gun owner should identify the target.

Wildly reckless? Unless you’ve been in that situation I caouldnt answer that. If the boyfriend doesn’t shoot she’s alive. If she’s not involved in a drug investigation she’s alive. My mistake I don’t know the laws in Kentucky but a responsible gun owner should identify the target.
If police don't fire, she's alive. If the police don't issue a warrant to search her place that uncovers nothing, she's alive.

This is another example where poor policing resulted in an innocent death. It has to be fixed.

If police don't fire, she's alive. If the police don't issue a warrant to search her place that uncovers nothing, she's alive.

This is another example where poor policing resulted in an innocent death. It has to be fixed.

Couple of problems with your scenario but you know that already. The police DID get fired upon and unless you are kreskin-like, how do you know what you are going to find in a search before....you know, .....you search.

It’s not a military situation. That’s the problem, the cops act like military. Perhaps vets shouldn’t be allowed to be cops. Because a very different mentality is required. Cops are there to take a bullet for a citizen. They aren’t there to fight battles and win the engagement.
L
They have a duty to aim their shots.
when you’re being shot at in close quarters it tends to throw off your aim. Especially with hand guns.

I’d like to see where the boyfriend was and where Breanna was when she was shot. Haven’t seen that...

So you’re saying you can shoot at police and expect them to do nothing? I’m guessing you’re in favor of glorifying the career criminals that have caused all these riots? So go fix the problem. You make it sound so easy like flipping a switch.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Couple of problems with your scenario but you know that already. The police DID get fired upon and unless you are kreskin-like, how do you know what you are going to find in a search before....you know, .....you search.
Sigh - it was simply pointing out the absurdity of his statement of "whatabout". Apparently went over your head.

So you’re saying you can shoot at police and expect them to do nothing? I’m guessing you’re in favor of glorifying the career criminals that have caused all these riots? So go fix the problem. You make it sound so easy like flipping a switch.
The police did a shitty job and it cost an innocent life. That's happened too often. Put strategies and actions in place to fix it.

The police did a shitty job and it cost an innocent life. That's happened too often. Put strategies and actions in place to fix it.
Oh yeah great idea I’m guessing no one has thought of that. Bottom line is if you don’t do crime and put yourself in bad situations you’ll be better off. There’s innocent lives killed every weekend in Chicago by guns but no one cares about that.

Oh yeah great idea I’m guessing no one has thought of that. Bottom line is if you don’t do crime and put yourself in bad situations you’ll be better off. There’s innocent lives killed every weekend in Chicago by guns but no one cares about that.
What crime did Breonna Taylor do? Or her boyfriend, for that matter.

She was involved with a drug investigation. That’s why they were there. Remember? Look it’s a very unfortunate situation but to think it’s murder by police is crazy. Again don’t put yourself in bad situations you’ll be better off.
What crime did she do? You implied there was a crime committed by her. What was it? And how did she put herself in the bad situation? She was at home, with her non-criminal boyfriend, minding her own business. How is that a bad situation?

What crime did she do? You implied there was a crime committed by her. What was it? And how did she put herself in the bad situation? She was at home, with her non-criminal boyfriend, minding her own business. How is that a bad situation?
Her name was on the warrant! How many times do you need to hear that? That is a bad situation!

Trained officers of the state have a much hire bar than citizens exercising their constitutional rights. Once again the right attacks the second amendment while the NRA and gun owners remain cowed. Deplorable.
Not achieving that "bar" is not criminal though

Her name was on the warrant! How many times do you need to hear that? That is a bad situation!
There was also false information on the warrant that said the Postal Inspector had alerted the police to packages delivered to Taylor's address which the inspector denies happening. Another problem was in addition to it being a no knock warrant, the police executing it were plain clothes police officers. This fact would have made it more difficult for Taylor and her boyfriend to identify them as officers of the law.

What did she do to be put on the warrant? As others have noted, there was misinformation provided to get the warrant.
Her ex boyfriend was a drug dealer. They were investigating him and she had been involved. How do you argue about this without knowing why she was on a warrant? Do you really think the cops wanted to hurt someone that night? Do you think they had nothing better to do then investigate someone for no reason?

There was also false information on the warrant that said the Postal Inspector had alerted the police to packages delivered to Taylor's address which the inspector denies happening. Another problem was in addition to it being a no knock warrant, the police executing it were plain clothes police officers. This fact would have made it more difficult for Taylor and her boyfriend to identify them as officers of the law.
Ok. So you’re saying she had no involvement with the ex boyfriend?

Her ex boyfriend was a drug dealer. They were investigating him and she had been involved. How do you argue about this without knowing why she was on a warrant? Do you really think the cops wanted to hurt someone that night? Do you think they had nothing better to do then investigate someone for no reason?
2 years prior. You're going down the slippery slope of saying anyone who has associated with a criminal is subject to searches for evidence due solely to the relationship. I hope you're not saying that.

I think the police screwed up and then covered their asses.

Reactions: gohawks50
2 years prior. You're going down the slippery slope of saying anyone who has associated with a criminal is subject to searches for evidence due solely to the relationship. I hope you're not saying that.

I think the police screwed up and then covered their asses.
She was more then associated. Hey if you want to defend criminal activity that’s your choice. It’s unfortunate she was killed. But investigations can last years. Do you really think the cops just went over there for no reason? How do you think crimes get solved with out investigating “relationships”?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

You are using imprecise language that does not rise to the level of reasonable doubt. The specific instance of "involvement" used in the affidavit (Taylor's car at the stash house her picking up a packaged that was mailed) appears to have been, at the minimum, a misunderstanding by LPD of what the USPS said about the package (suspicious) or an outright lie. Further, the boiler print language on the affidavit in support of the no knock warrant was the same on all five warrants that Judge Shaw reviewed an granted during the 12 minute hearing. However, Taylor's "involvement" was down graded to a soft target rather than a person of interest...thus the reason the police were informed they could execute the warrant as a knock & announce. If this is accurate, why did the police executre at 12:30 a.m. as a knock and battering ram on the door. Why didn't they go to the house that morning, knock and what for Taylor to open the door......like the FBI did for Roger Stone who they believed had evidence he would destroy.

ADVERTISEMENT