ADVERTISEMENT

Bret Bielema’s mother

Passed away on Thursday. RIP Mrs Bielema.
I read a piece earlier today (not sure where) where Bret said he wasn't sure if he was going to coach today. Dallas Clark sent him a text saying... Mothers derive great joy from watching their sons do what they love to do. Bielema said he knew then that he would coach today.

You may recall that Clark lost his Mother in high school. She never got to see him play at Iowa or in the NFL.

Pretty heavy stuff.

I read a piece earlier today (not sure where) where Bret said he wasn't sure if he was going to coach today. Dallas Clark sent him a text saying... Mothers derive great joy from watching their sons do what they love to do. Bielema said he knew then that he would coach today.

You may recall that Clark lost his Mother in high school. She never got to see him play at Iowa or in the NFL.

Pretty heavy stuff.
That's actually pretty damn cool. It's never easy to lose your Mom.

Pretty heavy stuff.

It didn’t help that Illinois got screwed. Watching the replay this morning, there were multiple blown calls, and non calls that went Michigan’s way.
Illini also got a critical call in their favor.
Just sayin.

Tough to watch his presser after the game. I felt for Illinois losing that game, let alone his personal loss.
Yeah, Bret is overall a good man and you could tell how hard he took this. 😞 We might all get caught up in our rivalries, but it should unite us all how annoying it is to see Big Ten officials continually suck and specifically protect Michigan and OSU. Bret was rightfully upset in the postgame presser, and I’m glad he stood up for his team.

Yeah, Bret is overall a good man and you could tell how hard he took this. 😞 We might all get caught up in our rivalries, but it should unite us all how annoying it is to see Big Ten officials continually suck and specifically protect Michigan and OSU. Bret was rightfully upset in the postgame presser, and I’m glad he stood up for his team.

Iowa has been straight butt ****ed by the refs playing Michigan more times than I care to admit. Like, not even bothering to use lube. Dave witvoet anyone? **** that guy. Hasn’t been as bad against osu. At least they use lube for osu.

Pretty heavy stuff.

Dallas' mom was just 49 years old.

Story from the Indy Star regarding the day she died:

Aunt Judy let out a haunting shriek in the garage.

Dallas sprinted toward the sound and found Mom collapsed on the ground. She couldn’t breathe.

Clark dashed back into the house to call 911, returned, and tried to resuscitate her with CPR. He never took a CPR class in school but frantically tried to remember everything he had seen in the movies and… nothing. Mom was unresponsive. It felt like forever for the medics from the hospital in Humboldt ten miles away to arrive. A doctor told Dallas that his mother had died instantly from the heart attack, that there was nothing he could’ve done. She was forty-nine.

Here, he is skeptical. He still believes they told him this just to make him feel better.

Nothing could change the fact that Mom died in his arms. That PTSD stays with a person forever. Clark, now forty-two, grabs the drawstring of his hoodie with his left hand and stares ahead in a trance. His voice cracks.

“And I just wish I… well there’s a lot of wishes of how… so, yeah. It’s tough.”

Iowa has been straight butt ****ed by the refs playing Michigan more times than I care to admit. Like, not even bothering to use lube. Dave witvoet anyone? **** that guy. Hasn’t been as bad against osu. At least they use lube for osu.
To be fair, the games against OSU aren't as close as often so officiating rarely has had an impact on the outcome. When the games are close, OSU-Iowa is usually a top game in the conference so they get the best crews for that game.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT