ADVERTISEMENT

Brian F might take the move back to OLine coach with some fancy talking

Man do I hope a change is made soon. This is getting soooooo old.

Apparently, Barta is afraid of KF and KF has to tip toe on eggshells with BF, 'cause he's his baby boy,

If the above sentence is true they should all be fired immediately.

Apparently, Barta is afraid of KF and KF has to tip toe on eggshells with BF, 'cause he's his baby boy,

So why did you write it? It's obviously not true.

Reactions: savage84
Assuming a team will hire him, sure.
Everybody seems to be fine with him as the OL coach here so I’m not sure why it would be different anywhere else. We’ve seen him succeed as a position coach in the league before. On top of that, his dad probably knows a couple guys. Brian would have no issue finding a position job.

The insider guy who hasn't been wrong yet already said Jon is getting promoted. He will be QB coach, at minimum.
Not disagreeing with that. You're still telling me that Cade committed to this dumpster fire because he believes Budmyar at QB coach is gonna save the offense as a whole.

Why the hell would we want him to be assistant head coach? I don't even want him for o-line. Barnett should have been fired before he started.
We had a good Offensive line when Brian was the coach. I would have no problem with him coaching the O line, he is just not cut out to be an offensive coordinator.

Kirk could spin this by saying Brian did such a great job as OLine coach and run game coordinator and the OLine needs his total attention (of course throwing Barnett under the bus). No shame in this and Brian can work with his dad and be around the family etc.

Brian works and learns A Lot from the new OC, more about being an OC.

Maybe Brian takes the leap again to be OC or takes a head job somewhere else in five years.
This is EXACTLY what I've been hoping for too. Brian back to what he knows at OL, where we need HELP, passion, attitude, and knowhow. Bring in a new Offensive Coordinator, and a new QB coach... someone who has actually PLAYED the position and studied it in detail. The defense and special teams are in excellent hands. The RB's and TE's are in excellent hands (hopefully the TE's continue to thrive under Hodge, who seems to have an excellent demeanor, but IS new to coaching). We've needed OBVIOUS help at QB, WR, and recently OL... along with play calling. Brian to OL coach accomplishes some great first steps and opens opportunities in two other areas.

Realize I'm probably restating the obvious here. Just excited by the prospect of this reality.

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with that. You're still telling me that Cade committed to this dumpster fire because he believes Budmyar at QB coach is gonna save the offense as a whole.
I'm saying JB as QB coach / pass game coordinator, BF as OL coach / run game coordinator is a plausible scenario. As is Gattis coming in, but that seems dependent on Brian landing a NFL job with a discrimination suit hanging over his head.

Kirk could spin this by saying Brian did such a great job as OLine coach and run game coordinator and the OLine needs his total attention (of course throwing Barnett under the bus). No shame in this and Brian can work with his dad and be around the family etc.

Brian works and learns A Lot from the new OC, more about being an OC.

Maybe Brian takes the leap again to be OC or takes a head job somewhere else in five years.
Do y’all really think Brian wants to stick around?

I'm saying JB as QB coach / pass game coordinator, BF as OL coach / run game coordinator is a plausible scenario. As is Gattis coming in, but that seems dependent on Brian landing a NFL job with a discrimination suit hanging over his head.
He is not taking a demotion to be the offensive line coach. At worst he takes a year off before going back to the NFL.

Brian could become Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach.
Hire a new person (or promote Budmayr) as Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach.
Barnett leaves to pursue new opportunities.

It would solve our OC problem and allow the Ferentzs to save face. (Not that saving face seems to be a priority for other schools ... I'm just trying to be realistic.)
The easiest out for BF is to leave for an NFL job. With Kirk's connections he could find a decent coaching position. He does have some cred for TE's and OL

Reactions: jonesyhawk982
Demoting BF makes the nepotism look that much worse. There are very few situations when coaches completely fail when promoted and get to go backwards to their old positions. The teams simply move on. There is no way this would even be considered if it wasn't for nepotism and the father/son relationship.
Yep, not a fan of demotions at all in any industry. All it does is cause hard feelings and tension within an organization. A clean break is a much better option than keeping around someone you basically told wasn't good enough for their job but you felt so sorry for them you couldn't fire them.

It is not "ridiculously easy" to demote any coach, let alone his son.

With the McNamara news, prepare yourself for Brian to remain OC. They didn't land a big QB transfer in order to demote the OC .
Correct, if it is easy for any person to demote anyone they have had a personal relationship with especially if it's your son means your probablya sociopath. Now it should be done absolutely but to say it's easy is ridiculous.

Kirk and Brian just visited our QB commit from Jersey.

Ughhhh can’t believe BF is going to be the OC another year.

Budmayr has been an on-field coach for four seasons. One year as a G5 OC, and he was promptly fired.

He was in such high demand early this year that he accepted an unpaid job at UIowa, eventually upgrading to analyst.

And now you think this background means Kirk is going to move him to OC, jumping past all the other coaches that have been contributing to the program for years?

It is like you haven't paid ANY attention to how Kirk runs his program.
I think you’re setting yourself up to look foolish.

I think that Kirk has set in motion the changes in O Staff that he plans. Won't see anything until after Bowl game unless some staff move to other teams between now and then.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Budmayr has been an on-field coach for four seasons. One year as a G5 OC, and he was promptly fired.

He was in such high demand early this year that he accepted an unpaid job at UIowa, eventually upgrading to analyst.

And now you think this background means Kirk is going to move him to OC, jumping past all the other coaches that have been contributing to the program for years?

It is like you haven't paid ANY attention to how Kirk runs his program.
As another poster already said. Budmayr lost his job because the head coach was fired so he was collateral damage. Their offense looked competent against Iowa when we played that year. Not my first choice, but I could live with it.
My reshuffle prediction:

Brian: stays OC but gets OL instead of QBs as his position group.

Budmayr: becomes QB coach and is named passing game coordinator (Budmayr calls all plays next year as defacto OC).

Barnett: re-assiged to Tight Ends and recruiting coordinator

Copeland: leaves to "explore new opportunities" (punishment for comments to media).

To Be Determined: named new WR coach.

Seth Wallace: leaves, gets a DC gig somewhere.

Abdul Hodge: moves to linebackers coach.

Kelvin Bell: named co-DC and stays DL coach, gives up recruiting coordinator.
Kelvin Bell is not the recruiting coordinator, Tyler Barnes is.

I think Brian will make the final decision
And until his name gets cleared on the pending player lawsuit he doesn't have much of a decision to make other than just resigning. Nobody is hiring him in the meantime with that hanging over his head.

And until his name gets cleared on the pending player lawsuit he doesn't have much of a decision to make other than just resigning. Nobody is hiring him in the meantime with that hanging over his head.
And there we have it

With all the rumors floating I'll try. Our WR are leaving because Copeland is leaving. Barnett leaves, Brian takes the O line, Budmayr will be QB coach and Gattis is OC and WR coach. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
With all the rumors floating I'll try. Our WR are leaving because Copeland is leaving. Barnett leaves, Brian takes the O line, Budmayr will be QB coach and Gattis is OC and WR coach. 🤷‍♂️
FFS you are gullible!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT