Funky Bunch

HR Legend
Mar 30, 2011
frick-park-bridge-collapse.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
Wow, hoping no one is injured.

this is interesting…

“Coincidentally, the collapse happened just hours before President Joe Biden is expected to speak in Pittsburgh about his historic $1.2 trillion infrastructure plan.”
Hopefully, no one was hurt and this will shift the narrative to how absolutely critical the infrastructure bill is...a bill that Biden pushed through. If there are truly no injuries, the DNC needs to use this in ads all over the country.

Yes, because they are getting hammered on an economy that grew over 6% last year, wages that increased over 6%, and unemployment rate under 4%. Don't ask me how these got turned into a negative, but it seems to have happened.
It’s the new and improved America, up is down, black is white and vaccines are worse than deadly viruses.

Yes, because they are getting hammered on an economy that grew over 6% last year, wages that increased over 6%, and unemployment rate under 4%. Don't ask me how these got turned into a negative, but it seems to have happened.

From December 2020 to December 2021, real average hourly earnings decreased 1.9 percent, seasonally adjusted. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with no change in the average workweek resulted in a 2.0-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.

Fewer people working than prepandemic, making lower real wages.

Why isn’t everyone ecstatic?
What could it be?

Wow, hoping no one is injured.

this is interesting…

“Coincidentally, the collapse happened just hours before President Joe Biden is expected to speak in Pittsburgh about his historic $1.2 trillion infrastructure plan.”
10 minor injuries, 0 deaths. I can't wait for the cons to take credit for the money Ole Joe is bringing to the burgh to repair theses bridges, and you know they will. The area this happened has walking trails, mountain biking, ect. A beautiful area 8-10 miles from the Pitt campus.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
They absolutely should use this against every Republican who voted against the infrastructure bill

And quite frankly this should be used in the primaries against the Dems who voted against the infrastructure bill.
The only Dems who voted against the bill were progressives like AOC and “the squad” - Pressley, Bush, Omar, Tlaib, and Bowman. And they didn’t vote against it because they opposed infrastructure spending. They voted against it because they were pissed off that it wasn’t coupled with their social spending bill that included things like paid family leave, daycare, etc. They felt like House leadership acquiesced to moderates who were willing to vote for transportation infrastructure but not social infrastructure.

They should run ads promoting a bill that has already passed?
Absolutely.

One party proposes and passes legislation that materially makes America stronger and more safe.

The other party only opposes any legislation other than tax cuts for the wealthy.

Perfect opportunity here to show a graphic representation of the outcome if people keep voting for B over A.

The only Dems who voted against the bill were progressives like AOC and “the squad” - Pressley, Bush, Omar, Tlaib, and Bowman. And they didn’t vote against it because they opposed infrastructure spending. They voted against it because they were pissed off that it wasn’t coupled with their social spending bill that included things like paid family leave, daycare, etc. They felt like House leadership acquiesced to moderates who were willing to vote for transportation infrastructure but not social infrastructure.

I know why they voted against it. The problem I have with that is that they held something they knew we needed hostage to try to get more.

That's the left wing version of party over country.

Reactions: Jan Itor
Maybe Pennsylvania is like Iowa and they cut inspectors on such things to save $$$?

Or they falsified records?
What if it has passed all inspections and wasn’t even on the radar to be replaced ?

bridges get built all the time. We can stop pretending not a god damn penny has been spent on bridge construction. I ride bike on gravel roads almost everyday. Our county has build at least two new bridges in the last year on gravel roads where you could just drive a mile in either direction and not even use the bridge, yet they were built. All this was done without Biden’s stimulus.

also let’s say the bridge was shit and documentation said it could collapse at any second. What asshole in government said “keep it open anyway”.

Biden will look pretty silly if he uses this incident to score political points only to find out some Democrat appointed person gave the all clear on this bridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 so far
They absolutely should use this against every Republican who voted against the infrastructure bill

And quite frankly this should be used in the primaries against the Dems who voted against the infrastructure bill.
Sure. Like they did in Minneapolis, one of the biggest Liberal shitholes on Planet Earth, but only 13 Liberals died when their bridge over the Mississippi went down, so no biggie. Instead they have plans for a 3rd light rail at 2.75B, so the SW part of the city can have the free homeless and criminal shuttle brought to their doorstep. Just what the world needs, more multi-million dollar trains no sane person would step foot on.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I know why they voted against it. The problem I have with that is that they held something they knew we needed hostage to try to get more.

They didn’t hold anything hostage and they didn’t delay any votes. House Dem leadership tried to couple the transportation spending with social spending. They couldn’t convince enough moderates to vote for it so they decided to move forward on just the transportation bill.

Knowing that the bill was going to pass anyway, AOC and her allies voted against it as a form of protest.

Reactions: BelemNole

They voted against it because they were allowed to. Had their votes been needed for passage, you can bet they would have voted in favor. Pelosi knows her shit and had the votes counted ahead of time. She gave them political cover since they weren't needed.

From December 2020 to December 2021, real average hourly earnings decreased 1.9 percent, seasonally adjusted. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with no change in the average workweek resulted in a 2.0-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.

Fewer people working than prepandemic, making lower real wages.

Why isn’t everyone ecstatic?
What could it be?
What are "real average hourly earnings"?

Are we supposed to believe this thing magically collapsed the day we was planned to visit?

ADVERTISEMENT