ADVERTISEMENT

Britt is not done...

If he is Medical Hardship he’s done at Iowa and will have to play elsewhere like Ezra Miller.
Guys. If he gets a medical exemption, his playing career is over. Finished. Done. Anywhere. A medical exemption allows you to finish school but doesn’t count against a teams scholarship limit. If he goes and plays somewhere else, a medical exemption isn’t involved. A medical hardship waiver doesn’t mean he’s done at iowa or anywhere, that’s just a medical redshirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971
Correct but wasn't it said by Kirk that he was done with football?
That’s what’s confusing me. I’m not sure what year Britt is, Covid years have me all confused. But let’s say he doesn’t graduate until spring of 2024 and his injuries are so he can’t play football. He would get a Medical Exemption to finish school and have it paid for but not count against scholarship limits. If he wanted to play he can just enter the portal and go anywhere. Kirk is confusing me.

Correct but wasn't it said by Kirk that he was done with football?
Maybe he means he’s done playing fball at Iowa? If he enters portal to try & play elsewhere, would he immediately lose his med exemption…..even if no one takes him?

He means that he is done with Iowa's OL, but that he's ready for pro draft when he finishes school.
This is a guy that KF prioritized personally.

Maybe he means he’s done playing fball at Iowa? If he enters portal to try & play elsewhere, would he immediately lose his med exemption…..even if no one takes him?
Getting a medical exemption usually is a long process. Medical exemptions are for career ending type injuries, like too many concussions, etc. So if you enter the portal, you aren’t getting a medical exemption.

Last edited:
He is still listed online on the roster as of right now. Of course so is Davidkov.
As mstrub rightly pointed out ... neither are on the 23-24 roster.

Looking at his bio I think Britt would actually have three years of eligibility left, even though this will be his fifth college football season in 2023. Pretty crazy.

As mstrub rightly pointed out ... neither are on the 23-24 roster.
Why do they still list Logan Jones as a DL?

He means that he is done with Iowa's OL, but that he's ready for pro draft when he finishes school.
This is a guy that KF prioritized personally.
There isn't a snowballs chance in hell he'd get drafted. He's played in what 3 or 4 games in college and been hurt for three years? MAYBE somebody gives him an UDFA deal, but even that would be highly unlikely given his injury history. I mean, why would they?

Reactions: pistachio1999
There isn't a snowballs chance in hell he'd get drafted. He's played in what 3 or 4 games in college and been hurt for three years? MAYBE somebody gives him an UDFA deal, but even that would be highly unlikely given his injury history. I mean, why would they?

Just spitballin' here, but Roman may have been using a bit of sarcasm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT