ADVERTISEMENT

Brittney Griner....WTH!

I don't know if you're all racist, but if you believe that she "just happened to forget" this one time where it's super convenient to the Kremlin then you're all at least a lot dumber than I thought.
Actually it’s a little bit of both for most of them. Notice the multiple comments about her being part man, etc. Most of the people on here that want her to stay in prison are just mad the world is passing them by.

I don't know if you're all racist, but if you believe that she "just happened to forget" this one time where it's super convenient to the Kremlin then you're all at least a lot dumber than I thought.
Actually it’s a little bit of both for most of them. Notice the multiple comments about her being part man, etc. Most of the people on here that want her to stay in prison are just mad the world is passing them by.
Not one person has advocated for her staying in prison. Most believe she is being made an example of by Putin but there is no evidence it was planted on her. The fact you Joes Place and Belem act as it’s fact that it was planted says more about you than anyone else in this thread.

Last edited:
She makes a million a year playing in Russia. So over 4 times the amount she makes here. Again, plenty of our top players over the years have played over there like Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi. Bird played for 3 different teams and spent 10 seasons over there. Taurasi played 12 years over there. That's life changing money. And they are treated well. Not going to argue over the other stuff. Was she stupid to try and b ring the hashish oil back? Of course. Is it really worth a 10 year prison sentence? Or more and we all know they're making an example of her. It's hashish oil. Jesus Christ. It's not like she was bringing back 50 lbs of cocaine to distribute. She takes it as a way to calm herself down.
With all due respect little less…. She is a guest in someone else’s home! She has a college degree, from a fine school…. Yet she didn’t understand what was allowed abs what was illegal?

Reactions: EasyHawk
Not one person has advocated for her staying prison. Most believe she is being made an example of by Putin but there is no evidence it was planted on her. The fact you Joes Place and Belem act as it’s fact that it was planted says more about you than anyone else in this thread.
What evidence do you have that she had it?

Reactions: Joes Place
Not one person has advocated for her staying prison. Most believe she is being made an example of by Putin but there is no evidence it was planted on her. The fact you Joes Place and Belem act as it’s fact that it was planted says more about you than anyone else in this thread.
Not sure I ever said that. What I said is I’m pretty sure she likes weed, like the majority of NBA and NFL players. While I actually think it was hers, do you not think the Russians could have easily decided to make this a political point?

So a lady basketballer goes to visit a foreign country, carrying contraband in her luggage and gets arrested by the host nation.
First question is why would anyone wanna go to Russia for anything, right now? Secondly...why would you even consider tempting arrest bu carrying anything that could be remotely considered “contraband” on your person/ property if visiting there?
Now, I understand, “we” have one of theirs and they want him back..and apparently “we” are going to end up trading for him. WhAt bothers me is “we” are giving up a really bad guy for a person that, other than being stupid, didn’t really commit a crime of substance. My real frustration here is, “WHY would a US citizen an illegal substance abroad? Other than “ entitlement” nothing comes to mind.
PLUS, now this is Joe Bidem’s Problem to solve, according to the prisoners wife!
What’s your problem with strong women of color, and a lesbian to boot.

People can’t make mistakes? No forgiveness or second chance?

Racist homophobe.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky
With all due respect little less…. She is a guest in someone else’s home! She has a college degree, from a fine school…. Yet she didn’t understand what was allowed abs what was illegal?
She’s been playing in Russia and for that particular team since 2014. You think she just now decided to have a little hash oil? I’m guessing the Russians and particularly her team and front office knew she partook on some weed. And again, look at the percentages of NFL and NBA guys who say the smoke weed. All I’m saying is she probably had gone through before with it. Yes, I think the Russians are making a point of her.

• Haha
Reactions: Jan Itor
So an analogy to your stupid comparison is that if Tulsa OK cop got caught planting drugs on people to up his arrest stats then it is logical to assume the federal government customs service and TSA would do the same for political reasons???😂

No

The Russians do it as a common practice. This has been pointed out to you by myself, and a few other posters already.

Continuing to deny it is a common tactic for them is making you look rather foolish.

Reactions: BelemNole
No

The Russians do it as a common practice. This has been pointed out to you by myself, and a few other posters already.

Continuing to deny it is a common tactic for them is making you look rather foolish.
Joe your track record isn’t the best.

• Haha
Reactions: CaboKP
So a lady basketballer goes to visit a foreign country, carrying contraband in her luggage and gets arrested by the host nation.
First question is why would anyone wanna go to Russia for anything, right now? Secondly...why would you even consider tempting arrest bu carrying anything that could be remotely considered “contraband” on your person/ property if visiting there?
Now, I understand, “we” have one of theirs and they want him back..and apparently “we” are going to end up trading for him. WhAt bothers me is “we” are giving up a really bad guy for a person that, other than being stupid, didn’t really commit a crime of substance. My real frustration here is, “WHY would a US citizen an illegal substance abroad? Other than “ entitlement” nothing comes to mind.
PLUS, now this is Joe Bidem’s Problem to solve, according to the prisoners wife!
Remember when she wouldn’t stand for the flag. Missing all the privilege she had in America bout now. In the US, she would’ve gotten a ticket. Spoiled Americans take their freedoms for granted until they go somewhere else

Remember when she wouldn’t stand for the flag. Missing all the privilege she had in America bout now. In the US, she would’ve gotten a ticket. Spoiled Americans take their freedoms for granted until they go somewhere else
She didn’t stand for the flag? Damn. Let her rot in a Russian prison cell. GFY.

No

Tried to see how “common practice” this tactic of Russians planting drugs on Americans really is. Found something from 2016 that said 13 Americans being held for possession of drugs. Hardly seems common practice even if all 13 were set up.

because she's a d list celebrity, and thus really important.

When I traveled to the Soviet Union back in the day, we were given three instructions going in:
1. Be careful drinking vodka with Russians.
2. No falling in love with Russian women.
3. Whatever you do, do not bring drugs into the country.
Guess the third one is most important

Reactions: CaboKP
It was found in her bag and she admitted to putting it there. Other then that… no evidence. Probably the first time she didn’t waltzed right past customs.
Lol, you’re exactly the type of person that the kremlin expects to buy this type of stuff.

She “admitted it” because the courts have a 99% conviction rate and she doesn’t want to spend 20 years in a Russian prison you moron.

Lol, you’re exactly the type of person that the kremlin expects to buy this type of stuff.

She “admitted it” because the courts have a 99% conviction rate and she doesn’t want to spend 20 years in a Russian prison you moron.
If she admits it upon her release are you the moron?

We do not make the laws in other countries. You break their laws you pay the price. I suspect she had paid some security person to let her get by with it and under the current political climate she got caught.

Americans need to realize the constitution ends at our borders.

I remember a contractor getting arrested in Saudi Arabia for having a copy of an episode of the love boat.
It is their country and they make the laws, you better accept that or do not go there.
The contractor needs to thrashed for owning an episode of the love boat.

I agree though abide by the rules of the country you are traveling in or pay the consequences.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
Lots of strong opinions if she had the substance or not.

In the US, is this substance legal, are players tested for it, are they allowed to play if it is found in their system? If it doesn't matter at all, then it seems more likely she had it. If it is not allowed, then I would expect it to be planted.

We likely won't ever know for sure.

If she is released and then later returns to play in Russia, any outcome is something she would own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT