ADVERTISEMENT

Brittney Griner....WTH!

I say make the trade, as long as every other American in a Russian jail for the same charges get the same trade.
If they want an arms dealer as reported, there better be more than 3 Americans in Russia, otherwise Russia can ask for something else.

So Russia picked her to set up and plant drugs on randomly? Then forced a confession out of her...just trying to keep up on the masses that are celebrating/defending people over-estimating their celebrity and keeping their American 'I don't give a fuk, they can't do shit, I'm American' attitude when they travel abroad?

I get the offense is minimal, but self-awareness in the world's boogey man russia, just leave it and buy a new one.

So Russia picked her to set up and plant drugs on randomly? Then forced a confession out of her...just trying to keep up on the masses that are celebrating/defending people over-estimating their celebrity and keeping their American 'I don't give a fuk, they can't do shit, I'm American' attitude when they travel abroad?

I get the offense is minimal, but self-awareness in the world's boogey man russia, just leave it and buy a new one.
I’m not entirely in the “planted” drugs corner, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility for an extraordinarily tall, black lesbian (in a very xenophobic/homophobic country) with some fame to her to be singled out and screwed over for Russian political prisoner swapping.

I’m not entirely in the “planted” drugs corner, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility for an extraordinarily tall, black lesbian (in a very xenophobic/homophobic country) with some fame to her to be singled out and screwed over for Russian political prisoner swapping.
It's entirely possible that she is guilty of bringing the drugs in and the Russians seeing an opportunity to exploit the situation

hot take article from hell.
Good grief. I could barely get through that.

It’s like some of these writers have a list of grievances that they pick, pull, shove and shoehorn into any situation.

Good grief. I could barely get through that.

It’s like some of these writers have a list of grievances that they pick, pull, shove and shoehorn into any situation.
Never mind that there is another dude that has been there much longer.

Reactions: 24 so far
Love how they capitalize black but not white or indigenous. Lol

Indigenous is actually capitalized now also. Recent change in the last few years to the style guide for black and indigenous to be capitalized when in reference to heritage.

JFC, such fail on so many levels. She is a top star for the WNBA. Where was her agent and handlers to ensure that EVERY law in any country she would traverse would be followed? Do your f'ing reasearch!

Reactions: 24 so far
Where have you been Tony? Man have we missed your anti women rhetoric. 😏
Little if anyone gave a sh!t about the WNBA then she would not have been over there in the first place. Ask yourself why the NBA has to subsidize the WNBA?

Her own greed is what put her in harms way.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
Russia is so evil, right? Wonder if Ms. Griner would prefer 9 years in Siberia over life in Mississippi.
I dont think you have the whole truth.

This was not Drummer’s first run-in with the law, she had three felony convictions in Shelby County, Tennessee. One in 1992 for involuntary manslaughter, one in 1998 for aggravated assault, and another in 2007 for possession of cocaine.

While it could be argued she still does not deserve life, at least present a fair argument.

Last edited:
I dont think you have the whole truth.

This was not Drummer’s first run-in with the law, she had three felony convictions in Shelby County, Tennessee. One in 1992 for involuntary manslaughter, one in 1998 for aggravated assault, and another in 2007 for possession of cocaine.

While it could be argued she still does deserve life, at least present a fair argument.
Present a fair argument?

This is HROT, sir.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawk_82
My biggest issue with the prisoner swap, the media, and the state of our nation is we have a guy over there who may or may not have been a spy for the US who has been chill’n in prison there, but it takes some WNBA player for it to make news. I’m not sure how much time and effort has been placed on his release, but everyone is talking about getting the WNBA player back and no has been or is talking about the other person.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Present a fair argument?

This is HROT, sir.
Well you can conveniently leave out details that actually tell the REAL story, just be reminded that you're a complete moron in doing so (not many here can read, but a few can and actually comprehend). And even worse yet you actually knowingly took the time to do it.

Other than that, great job.

My biggest issue with the prisoner swap, the media, and the state of our nation is we have a guy over there who may or may not have been a spy for the US who has been chill’n in prison there, but it takes some WNBA player for it to make news. I’m not sure how much time and effort has been placed on his release, but everyone is talking about getting the WNBA player back and no has been or is talking about the other person.
She's a black lesbian and a Dimocrat is the President (taylor made for the Liberal Media lapdogs). She'll be a serious contender for a job in the Biden Administration upon release for the swap with the "Merchant of Death". Her WNBA career that nobody watches is then likely over. Biden's America.

You get what you vote for. Enjoy.

Well you can conveniently leave out details that actually tell the REAL story, just be reminded that you're a complete moron in doing so (not many here can read, but a few can and actually comprehend). And even worse yet you actually knowingly took the time to do it.

Other than that, great job.
So what are the details of the manslaughter she committed as a non-adult thirty years ago...and served time for?

And what are the details of the aggravated assault? I can’t seem to find those either.

She didn’t stand for the flag? Damn. Let her rot in a Russian prison cell. GFY.
If she serves as an example of the blessings this country has provided to all of our citizens then yes she can serve as that example. Her smug arrogance and projected victim hood is disgusting in light of the privileges our country has provided her. She absolutely does not deserve 9 years in a Russian prison but I have very little sympathy as karma slaps her around a bit and reminds her and people like her was real oppression looks like

She made her own bed here. It sucks to see one of our own locked up overseas, but it's not like they arrested her because she's an American.

I probably disagree with her on most things but that's exactly why she got 9 years. She is a bargaining chip. If she plead not guilty or accused the Russians of false charges, the 9 years would have been longer. Russia has already said they are open to negotiations.

Now, why she went to Russia? Folks are saying that she was forced because the WNBA doesn't pay enough lol. She makes $250K for playing around 30 games a year plus its subsidized by the NBA. Still shouldn't cost her 9 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT