ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Harding July edition

The Deplorable Sleeping Dog

HR Heisman
Gold Member
May 9, 2018
Been watching all the Freeman Harding summer video. Obviously, Freeman is a 4* that will get significant playing time early.

But I think we stole a diamond, somewhat rough. He has a much quicker first step than Jordan and looks like he's a couple inches taller and has some touch inside. More of a penetrator, although only assists matter not how they are produced. You figure Ulis starts for 22 & 23. Bowen starts 24 & 25 and Harding in 26.

What think you all?

BH will be a very good Pg for Iowa. I’m somewhat baffled at the amount of negativity in regards to his height/size. He is a…………. point guard. He won’t be asked to guard other teams’ 6’8” guards. And oh, his no look left handed passes on a tight rope are just plain ridiculous.

Reactions: Torg and Mohawkeye
Been watching all the Freeman Harding summer video. Obviously, Freeman is a 4* that will get significant playing time early.

But I think we stole a diamond, somewhat rough. He has a much quicker first step than Jordan and looks like he's a couple inches taller and has some touch inside. More of a penetrator, although only assists matter not how they are produced. You figure Ulis starts for 22 & 23. Bowen starts 24 & 25 and Harding in 26.

What think you all?
Why would you call his ability rough. He's very skilled and he still has over a year and a half before he even sets foot on Carvers floor. Yes, because Freeman is 6-11 he's going to get most of the attention, but you're not going to get a player that has the skill set that Brock has and no I have no idea why Brock is not rated by any service. All he does is out perform every player he opposes on the court and shows up in every game as one of the best players.
I'm not sure what you want of him, but calling him rough is not of a player that get's a scholarship offer and excepts it from a major Big Ten University.
The kid is as skilled or better then anyone that Fran has brought on board that plays the point guard position, and I bet he proves it before he's done at Iowa....

What think you all?
Lol he's a couple inches shorter than bohannon on a good day. Brock is 5'10" at best. Jbo is 6'.

Reactions: BBHawk
Why would you call his ability rough. He's very skilled and he still has over a year and a half before he even sets foot on Carvers floor. Yes, because Freeman is 6-11 he's going to get most of the attention, but you're not going to get a player that has the skill set that Brock has and no I have no idea why Brock is not rated by any service. All he does is out perform every player he opposes on the court and shows up in every game as one of the best players.
I'm not sure what you want of him, but calling him rough is not of a player that get's a scholarship offer and excepts it from a major Big Ten University.
The kid is as skilled or better then anyone that Fran has brought on board that plays the point guard position, and I bet he proves it before he's done at Iowa....
My only negative thoughts to this post are has he peaked already.

I think that one of the best things about Brock's commitment to play PG for the Hawks is this......he is one piece. There will be other PG's on the roster. When I think of our rosters in the past, it appears to me that Brock could be one of the best we've had. IF he isn't.....he is at least a good piece who appears to me to be on the path to be a good contributor to this team.

Personally, I have been REALLY impressed with the video I have seen of this young man. I don't claim expertise, but I don't think we've had anyone comparable to him....I don't think JBO is a comparison. Brock appears to be much quicker and much more able to take it to the rim and score or dish....he can penetrate the lane regularly. JBO was a great shooter, a clutch shooter, he is the all time assist leader....but Brock appears to be a very good player with a completely different game.

Last edited:

What think you all?
You have any stats on these two?? I've been looking, but no recent stats on either...

When you see Brock next to the guys he's playing against this summer he is either playing in a midget league or he has grown 2 or more inches from the days he was measured at 5'10".

Reactions: perryhawk
FYd1wevWAAMkFo4

Similar vertical/size to a kid like Bowen Born, who can also dunk.
That’s an interesting comparison and I certainly followed the recruiting of BB when Iowa was showing interest. It “appears” to me that Harding is a little bigger than BB and maybe a little stronger or athletic?….but I get the comparison and it’s really hard to tell without seeing them side by side.

They
Man, those midget leagues are the best
Actual midget basketball is friggin hilarious. Boxing is also fun. The basketball is more clowning around but the boxers go at for real and pound the piss out of each other.

When I was in college there was a kid in my freshman class. He was, of course a midget who quickly became a heavy drinker (didn't we all) and loved to fight. Sitting in the Big I truck stop with this kid about 3 am and some rude, probably also drunk guy walked by and petted the our little buddy on the head.

So the little guy said something like "I'm a midget not a ****ing pet" then bashed the full-size guy with a steel napkin container and then just kicked his ass. The full size guy's buddies came over to pull our little buddy off their friend. So my brother says he's going to kill anyone that touches the little guy. Then, our little buddy, who by then was stomping full size guy hopped back over to the table and says, "What do you say we beat the sirens and shots at my place."

My God college used to be fun.

Game winning shot in today's Championship game

That was a sick crossover for the win! I don't care how tall he is, he has more than proved his mettle in AAU and Summer league and his Jr. season. He has yet another full year to improve his game, handles, strength and maybe he grows another 1-2 inches in the next 15 months before he's in IC.

Sure he won't contest JBO for the Iowa 3 point record, however he's a tenacious worker and he's already more athletic than JBO if that's who we are comparing him too, maybe he'll have Gessel-like quickness and carve out his own path. He'll be a distributor and a pest on D and other teams will be like "where'd Iowa find this kid?"

That was a sick crossover for the win! I don't care how tall he is, he has more than proved his mettle in AAU and Summer league and his Jr. season. He has yet another full year to improve his game, handles, strength and maybe he grows another 1-2 inches in the next 15 months before he's in IC.

Sure he won't contest JBO for the Iowa 3 point record, however he's a tenacious worker and he's already more athletic than JBO if that's who we are comparing him too, maybe he'll have Gessel-like quickness and carve out his own path. He'll be a distributor and a pest on D and other teams will be like "where'd Iowa find this kid?"
The only thing I question is why assume Brock won't be a decent scorer. Good moves, good shot, appears to be an excellent penetrator and I'll bet a good foul shooter. I'm probably not talking fifteen to twenty but ten to fifteen jr and sr year appears realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT