ADVERTISEMENT

Brody starting for Hawks BB in OMA today

He’s listed at 205 we don’t need 225 lbs WRs.
If it's like every other team roster I've ever seen, at any level, there's a slight exaggeration.

He's tall enough to play heavier than 205, imo.

Might not matter since Petras can't get him the ball anyway.

Reactions: David1979
Couldn’t come up with a cricket reference to try and support your premise? Typically better to stay in the same sport to help your cause.

I am still waiting for someone to give me an example of a team forfeiting a game because a pitcher goobed up a ball.

If it's like every other team roster I've ever seen, at any level, there's a slight exaggeration.

I live in Ankeny and saw him play a few times in high school. I think the comp for Brecht even though he was an ISU guy was always Todd Blythe, who was tall and fairly slim. He'll want to gain some weight but like others have said I don't think he needs to weight 225 to be very effective.

I am willing to bet that at some point during the year, an Iowa pitcher put something on their fingers to get a better grip on the ball. The balls are not thrown out like they are in the Big Leagues so they are already scuffed up enough that a pitcher can make the ball move. The Michigan pitcher just got sloppy and careless thinking nobody was paying attention.

preparing for football and Basketball when Connor is an upperclassman and Brecht is a Under classmen are 2 whole different dynamics and Iowa needs some WRs to step up really bad. I get it He has a better chance at Baseball getting a first Pro paycheck but He came in on a Football Schollie . I just dont get the Summer Ball when there is 3 Months till go time and He could push for reps for the Football Team .
He has to come in on a fball scholly because of rules, at least from what I understand. Just like Connor had to take a bball scholly

I have a bad feeling he will focus on baseball. Don't know much about that game but people who say he's pretty good with a major league chance. I wonder how fast (40 not fastball) Brody is now.

I live in Ankeny and saw him play a few times in high school. I think the comp for Brecht even though he was an ISU guy was always Todd Blythe, who was tall and fairly slim. He'll want to gain some weight but like others have said I don't think he needs to weight 225 to be very effective.
Yeah, good comp.

I don't think he needs to put on 20 pounds to contribute.

Kid is pretty fast especially for his size. I hope they get him on the field sooner rather than later. Felt like the spent too much time easing Johnson and Bruce into the lineup. I don't want to see Jackson Ritter out there playing before Brecht.

I have serious doubts he ever contributes in football.

Physically, he looks like he still needs to add 20+ lbs, imo.
Hes got plenty of size to play WR at Iowa. If he doesnt see the field, thats not why. Put 30lbs on him and hes a TE, but WR? He's fine.

ADVERTISEMENT