ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm to Louisville?

Why leave the Big 10 for Louisville? I'm sure the answer is $, but seems lateral at best.
Obvious is he’s an alum. I’ve read L’ville has a strong NIL (they have a very good class with a few big time recruits already). But after next season when west goes away things will get a lot more difficult and Purdue has been one of the more difficult places to win at. Plus with ACC could be an easier to place to find success at especially with his system. Lastly like you said they throw bunch of money to sweeten the deal.

Cincy can do better than this, right? This hire doesn’t make much sense.
I agree. Was kind of a head scratcher. He was on the hot seat a little bit before this year. Figured Cincy would’ve gotten an up and coming younger coach.

Easier to get to # 12 in the country there or at Purdue?
Something that is overlooked is that the Big 12, ACC and whatever is left of the Pac 12 schools are going to have an easier path to the playoffs than a Purdue (or Iowa) in the Big 10, even if the media money is far different. Auto qualifiers from these leagues like the B12 and Pac-12 with their leftovers means it is far easier to qualify as a Louisville, Iowa State, Colorado, etc. when the other schools like Oklahoma, Texas, USC, et all are gone.

I would not be surprised if Brohm took the Louisville job, or if he stayed. Can make a case for either.

Reactions: nu2u
We did this song and dance with him a few years back and it created a bunch of drama for about 30 days. At that time he made the right decision to stay and build the program back up from where it had fallen. Given the job he has done to improve coaches salaries, facilities and recruiting....I think most people would be ok if he left as he would be leaving on good terms.

If he wants to be home coaching Louisville and be closer to family, he should take the job. Purdue is a tough place to win, but far less tough than when he arrived. Should he stay it will be more about business and comfort with where he is at.

It is nice to have the same coaches year after year strictly from a fan perspective, but if a coach desires to be somewhere else, let him go.

Reactions: littlez
Brohm will get a raise to go to Louisville. That AD will let him do nepotism more freely.

I disagree that the ACC/P10/B12 teams have an easier path to the playoffs. They may have an easier path to a first round bye via a conference championship, but the B1G is going to get 3 to 4 teams in most years, while the Middle 3 is probably looking at 1 team a year with the occasional second team.

This year, a projected 12-team slate has one ACC team in Clemson, two B12 in TCU and KSU, and the PAC has two in Utah and USC, although the USC brand is leaving soon.

Utah went into the P12 title game as a bubble team for a 12-team playoff, and would have dropped out of the CFP with a loss, but their win would have locked up a top 4 bye.

I agree. Was kind of a head scratcher. He was on the hot seat a little bit before this year. Figured Cincy would’ve gotten an up and coming younger coach.
Agree. Disappointed in Cincinnati with this hire. Had been talk of Jesse Minter, DC at Michigan. Apparently also they had great interest in Brian Hartline at Ohio State but he told them he wasn't interested.

Satterfield was on the hot seat earlier just this season at Louisville.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Why leave the Big 10 for Louisville? I'm sure the answer is $, but seems lateral at best.
I would not be surprised if Purdue isn't exactly the richest donor base in the Big Ten, but we still all have equal Big Ten money ... who knows where Louisville is the next time there is a big realignment? I'd certainly stay put...

I would not be surprised if Purdue isn't exactly the richest donor base in the Big Ten, but we still all have equal Big Ten money ... who knows where Louisville is the next time there is a big realignment? I'd certainly stay put...
That and West Lafayette... not exactly one of the classic B1G cities. Stadium...not much better. Granted, we all favor our roots. but WF...not much.

If Purdue were smart they would run and get Jim Leonard right now!
I would take a huge risk and go after someone that can recruit the hell out of that area. I would honestly take a look at Brian Hartline, Sherron Moore, Bill O'brien. Before even contemplating Leonard.

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT