ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks and Sorensen to compete in Canada Cup - FINAL RESULTS

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004
Sorensen wins Canada Cup:
https://iowawrestlingblog.com/2018/07/sorensen-wins-canada-cup/

Results:
  • 70 kg Quarterfinal - Brandon Sorensen (Titan Mercury Wrestling Club) won by tech fall over Caleb Rutner (London-Western Wrestling Club) (TF 11-0)
  • Semifinal - Brandon Sorensen (Titan Mercury Wrestling Club) won by decision over Mario Mason (NYAC/LVWC) (Dec 3-3)
  • 1st Place Match - Brandon Sorensen (Titan Mercury Wrestling Club) won by decision over Ganbayar Sanjaa (MONGOLIA/NYAC) (Dec 2-1)

I am now up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IowaWrestlingFan/
and on Twiiter at https://twitter.com/iawrestlingfan

Last edited:
When was the last time Brooks wrestled in an event? He wasn't at the US Open or WTT right?

Dang — Franklin Gomez at 74 kg. A far cry from his 133 days. Pretty impressive growth, and still having success.

Makes Kem’s jump from 57 to 74 look like a piece of cake. Granted, Gomez’s ascent has been over a number of years, but still impressive.

Gomez actually started out at 125 in college too, lets see how high he'll get before his career is over
Since he is 31 that may be relatively soon.Not too many guys seem to be able to continue with success and without injuries after 30.

He is. Check the website. He just won the Canadian cup. He probably is also wrestling for TMWC which usually goes in front of HWC at tournaments.
I know that TMWC gets first billing, but I’ve never understood why. Do they give more to the athletes? Is it a contractual thing? Just curious since Gilman, Metcalf, Sorensen, et al. From HWC all seem to wear a singlet from TMWC or NYAC etc. in big tournaments. Feels like it’s a missed branding opportunity for HWC, so I’m sure there’s a reason. I’ve just never I understood why.

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
I know that TMWC gets first billing, but I’ve never understood why. Do they give more to the athletes? Is it a contractual thing? Just curious since Gilman, Metcalf, Sorensen, et al. From HWC all seem to wear a singlet from TMWC or NYAC etc. in big tournaments. Feels like it’s a missed branding opportunity for HWC, so I’m sure there’s a reason. I’ve just never I understood why.

All about the money.

TMWC probably pays th entry fee, travel, hotel, etc for the tournament the athlete is competing in. That probably gets there name first.

This is part of why the Inner Circle exists. If/when we reach sufficient funding for the HWC, all of our athletes will have “HWC” on their singlets.

There are lots of great reasons to join, but this is another one of many — if you want to see all HWC wrestlers wearing “HWC” on their singlets, hop on board!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT