ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce

Clermonthawk

Team MVP
Nov 11, 2002
Did anyone else notice Arland Bruce lined up on the goal line completely uncovered. He then reversed across the formation and we ran the play. Shouldn't Petras be able to recognize this and change the play for an easy TD? I also noticed on several replays that recievers were open down field but his eyes were stuck on the closest receiver. I don't think he's a horrible quarterback, be he for sure lacks the vision needed to compete at the next level.

I guess we all notice a lot of things during the games. Easy for me...as usually I'm sitting comfortably on my sectional with no threat of someone clobbering me....and no pressure of performing. I noticed that Petras played a pretty damn good game. He made good throws...especially when we needed them most. We couldn't run the ball much at all. For us to win the game, it required the QB to play well. He did. I think that is what I noticed most.

I guess we all notice a lot of things during the games. Easy for me...as usually I'm sitting comfortably on my sectional with no threat of someone clobbering me....and no pressure of performing. I noticed that Petras played a pretty damn good game. He made good throws...especially when we needed them most. We couldn't run the ball much at all. For us to win the game, it required the QB to play well. He did. I think that is what I noticed most.
Agreed. I was just amazed that there was no one, and I mean no one covering Bruce on the goal line and then he moved back across the formation. Maybe Minnesota had intel that in that situation, he was going to do exactly what he did.

Agreed. I was just amazed that there was no one, and I mean no one covering Bruce on the goal line and then he moved back across the formation. Maybe Minnesota had intel that in that situation, he was going to do exactly what he did.
You would think after the game Bruce would have gotten hold of him and say listen scan the line the next time. I had nobody on me nobody

The defense won that game. Again.

For some, we win a shit show, and everything else is forgotten. Some of us want to get better performance so that we won't embarrass the state when Ohio State blows us out again.
The Big10 West is full of bad teams this year and most years. That's why they want to do away with it. Michigan and PennState are tired of finishing 2nd or 3rd in the East while Iowa goes to the Champoinship, or Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota.

You watched a different game than I did then. The defense got lucky. Lucky that Ibrahim fumbled (it wasn't an extraordinary "play" that caused the fumble) and lucky that the dip$shot Gophers decided to throw the ball resulting in the INT. Absolutely lucky.
Iowa forces turnovers and gets a lot of interceptions. I like they are lucky a lot.

Reactions: HungryHawk
Yeah a few for sure. Particularly one right in his GD hands against ISU at a pretty critical time.
That was no doubt a big drop, but I still like Bruce. You could argue that all our WRs/TEs have had the 'dropsies' at some point with the exception of Luke Lachey. Part of the problem is that our QB normally comes in too hot and/or off target...with the exception of the last 3 games. And yes, I realize our OL is horrible which does not help matters. ;)

You watched a different game than I did then. The defense got lucky. Lucky that Ibrahim fumbled (it wasn't an extraordinary "play" that caused the fumble) and lucky that the dip$shot Gophers decided to throw the ball resulting in the INT. Absolutely lucky.
I can’t with your analysis. Your comments aren’t realistic and stem only from your extreme fandom.

You have your Iowa blinders on and refuse to be in touch with what actually occurred.

Spencer had a very good completion to 85 there at the end but, overall, the offense did next to nothing - it’s not a hateful comment, just the reality.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15

Yup, it was a gift from God on that win. The d got trampled yesterday. It's amazing they only had 10 points. Oh well a win is a win, now clobber nebby!

Reactions: HawkDoggy
I can’t with your analysis. Your comments aren’t realistic and stem only from your extreme fandom.

You have your Iowa blinders on and refuse to be in touch with what actually occurred.

Spencer had a very good completion to 85 there at the end but, overall, the offense did next to nothing - it’s not a hateful comment, just the reality.
You have a weird sense of reality. Ridiculous take. Enjoy whatever you're smoking.

Did anyone else notice Arland Bruce lined up on the goal line completely uncovered. He then reversed across the formation and we ran the play. Shouldn't Petras be able to recognize this and change the play for an easy TD? I also noticed on several replays that recievers were open down field but his eyes were stuck on the closest receiver. I don't think he's a horrible quarterback, be he for sure lacks the vision needed to compete at the next level.
IIRC, the coverup penalty is in play.
If Bruce was on the line of scrimmage & the TE was covered-up & not #10, & if Bruce wouldn't have gone in motion, it would have been an illegal formation penalty on IA...I think.

ADVERTISEMENT