ADVERTISEMENT

BT Tourney

Obviously I ain’t watching the next game, but just finished re-watching the BT Tournament…and Fran’s coaching/gameplan in the final was genius.
It really was. He gets criticized for his substitution pattern sometimes but his rotations were really solid in this game. I thought we wore out Purdue and were the tougher team. He pushed all the right buttons in this one.

Need a few things to be the tournament winner by playing 4 games in 4 days.
A deep bench.
A Blowout win or two.
An off game by a higher seeded opponent.
The ability to adjust to a different style of play with each new opponent without any real practice.
What else?

Need a few things to be the tournament winner by playing 4 games in 4 days.
A deep bench.
A Blowout win or two.
An off game by a higher seeded opponent.
The ability to adjust to a different style of play with each new opponent without any real practice.
What else?
I think in the BTT it is all about execution and toughness. The teams you are playing know all your moves, plays and tendencies. So you have to take good shots, rebound well and make it hard for them to score. You won’t surprise anyone at this point in time. Your team better play really hard if you want the win.

You would never know that the coach that gets praised for his coaching by the TV commentators was the same coach that gets panned by certain members of this board.
I watched the BTT Rutgers game last night and even though we got down by double digits early, we never lost our focus, changed up the D, and cruised right by them.
I'd like to see McCaffery modify his Pre-NCAA Tournament preparations a bit, somewhat like Ferentz did for bowl games. Obviously, something is bogging them down once the bullets really start to fly and we're getting beat by teams we should brush aside, although I wouldn't say luck has always on our side.

Obviously I ain’t watching the next game, but just finished re-watching the BT Tournament…and Fran’s coaching/gameplan in the final was genius.
Compare that to the NCAA Tournament game. Regardless of what McC tried, the team couldn't throw it in the ocean. It was a fluke.

ADVERTISEMENT