ADVERTISEMENT

BTN not broadcast?

I read that since the team isn't having a live scrimmage (due to the construction) that the Big10 network decided not to televise it live.

Total BS. I would like a study done of coverage of live events for MI, OSU and Penn St vs the other 11 teams for all sports. While the coverage shouldn't be equal between the 14 teams, I'll bet there a very large disparity.

I read that since the team isn't having a live scrimmage (due to the construction) that the Big10 network decided not to televise it live.

Total BS. I would like a study done of coverage of live events for MI, OSU and Penn St vs the other 11 teams for all sports. While the coverage shouldn't be equal between the 14 teams, I'll bet there a very large disparity.

Are they going to air it at all?

If I remember correctly, last years game/practice wasn’t going to be televised at all. But then BTN ended up showing up and showing it on a tape delay.

You don’t need a study. The conference loves the blue bloods of the conference. I would bet money in a couple years Nebraska will be back in the upper catagory of coverage with Frost at the helm - just what Delaney wanted.

You don’t need a study. The conference loves the blue bloods of the conference. I would bet money in a couple years Nebraska will be back in the upper catagory of coverage with Frost at the helm - just what Delaney wanted.

illK6U.gif

Iowa kicking the Big Ten in the dick last year crushing tOSU and eliminating the conference from the playoffs probably doesn't help. LOL

Without them covering Iowa's practice, maybe it will be easier to plan plays to repeat the defeat of teams like OSU without the scrutiny of BTN airing the coverage of those plays! Maybe we should call OSU staff to have them call BTN to demand that Iowa's practice be covered so that they don't get embarrassed again this year! o_O

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Without them covering Iowa's practice, maybe it will be easier to plan plays to repeat the defeat of teams like OSU without the scrutiny of BTN airing the coverage of those plays! Maybe we should call OSU staff to have them call BTN to demand that Iowa's practice be covered so that they don't get embarrassed again this year! o_O
Congrats on last year's win. You're closing the gap on the overall series record,15-46-3.

Will be in attendance. Remember the days when not all games were on tv and you just had to listen to the old radio?

I would bet money in a couple years Nebraska will be back in the upper catagory [SIC] of coverage

Lay down some specifics that can objectively measured, as well as how much $ you're putting up, and I'll see if I can oblige.

(anonymous message boards are fun, aren't they?)

Must be killing ya your team got so completely dismantled by such an inferior opponent and now your bragging is laughable until we play again. Stay butt-hurt my friend! Bhahahaha!
Winning the Big Ten championship game and the Cotton Bowl eased the pain a little.

Lay down some specifics that can objectively measured, as well as how much $ you're putting up, and I'll see if I can oblige.

(anonymous message boards are fun, aren't they?)
Nothing that detailed - just a gut feeling. Delaney really wanted Nebraska and pulled out all the stops to get them in the conference. Early on, Nebraska got a ton of attention on BTN, but has faded - especially in the Riley years. Frost will likely get them back to competeive versus a doormat. A competitive Nebraska in the B1G will get more attention over Iowa and the others due to their history. Completely my opinion, but if Frost turns that ship around, BTN will be gushing.

Nothing that detailed - just a gut feeling. Delaney really wanted Nebraska and pulled out all the stops to get them in the conference. Early on, Nebraska got a ton of attention on BTN, but has faded - especially in the Riley years. Frost will likely get them back to competeive versus a doormat. A competitive Nebraska in the B1G will get more attention over Iowa and the others due to their history. Completely my opinion, but if Frost turns that ship around, BTN will be gushing.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected you meant by "I would bet money...."

Must be killing ya your team got so completely dismantled by such an inferior opponent and now your bragging is laughable until we play again. Stay butt-hurt my friend! Bhahahaha!

Let me start by saying , I was at the game and the Hawks played a heck of a game. Now, while it was totally unexpected, we had a bad game and you guys capitalized on our mistakes and won the game. Now, did Kirk hand out championship rings to all the fans and players after you guys won or was there some kind of trophy presentation? The reason I say that is because you guys are acting like you won the national championship..lol, It was just one game.. a bad game for us and a good game for you and you guys are acting like Iowa State after they win a game against you guys..haha

The thing that really bothers me about the whole thing (and it should've bothered you guys) is your team didn't capitalized on the victory. You crapped your pants against Wisconsin and you lost to Purdue. I was not worried about the loss to you guys, I was more worried how the Hawks would finish, now I will be the first to tell you, we were not going to the playoffs after we lost to you guys, but at least you guys could've finished strong. I was really hoping for a rematch in the BIG Championship game!

Reactions: Cudashots
Let me start by saying , I was at the game and the Hawks played a heck of a game. Now, while it was totally unexpected, we had a bad game and you guys capitalized on our mistakes and won the game. Now, did Kirk hand out championship rings to all the fans and players after you guys won or was there some kind of trophy presentation? The reason I say that is because you guys are acting like you won the national championship..lol, It was just one game.. a bad game for us and a good game for you and you guys are acting like Iowa State after they win a game against you guys..haha

The thing that really bothers me about the whole thing (and it should've bothered you guys) is your team didn't capitalized on the victory. You crapped your pants against Wisconsin and you lost to Purdue. I was not worried about the loss to you guys, I was more worried how the Hawks would finish, now I will be the first to tell you, we were not going to the playoffs after we lost to you guys, but at least you guys could've finished strong. I was really hoping for a rematch in the BIG Championship game!

Does that make you feel better?

Man, some of the hawk fans in here are insufferable. We won. It was great. Loved it. It was a rare occurrence against OSU. Enjoy it. Don't be a dick about it.

Reactions: Cudashots

Bobby Farkin Olive can suck a Richard. Just saying.

Don't get me completely wrong here, my animosity is towards the opposing fan posting on our board. I'd be honored to attend and play for any B1G school, except Nebraska (gotta have some standards)!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT