ADVERTISEMENT

BTN+ Question

ozziesimmons22

Team MVP
Gold Member
May 7, 2015
I recently subscribed to BTN+ so I could watch Iowa Baseball. I enjoyed the guys calling the two games I’ve seen, but is that the camera work they use for every game? I’m not sure how much is really gained over just listening to the games, unless the coverage does change. I am interested in watching other Iowa sports, but baseball was the main attraction.

Thanks to anyone who has any info on this.

Thanks, also, to all who post over here on baseball. (and all other sports)

Reactions: Franisdaman
I'm a fairly new subscriber as well but I've noticed the camera angles vary by ballpark. Sometimes they use the center field camera and other times they don't. I've also noticed they are not well placed as the umpire, baserunner, and shortstop many times are blocking the shot of the pitch going over the plate. I did notice in the last Iowa game they didn't use the center field camera at all but it was very windy. I get the impression these are mounted cameras that are not manned when the games are on BTN+.

And tonight they have hired Paula Shore to do the play by play.
At least they have a score posted for this one. Heck they even had a sideline reporter, that took me by surprise. But it looked like they just pulled in a college student and asked her to read a report.

Hawkeyes up by a touchdown and 2 point conversion….14-6

Thanks, guys. The camera’s were better today. I can live with that.
Got the win. Really hoping Iowa can take at least two from Rutgers. Kind of a “moving” weekend as Iowa plays Rutgers and Illinois has Maryland.

Reactions: ssckelley
ADVERTISEMENT