ADVERTISEMENT

***BTS Thread***

Snyder 15-1 tech in the first over Randhawa. Awesome 5 point throw to end it.

DT hurts his knee in a scramble. Tries to wrestle through it and can’t so he FFs. Not good.

Hopefully they are just being cautious... didn't look too bad to me but weird knee things can happen on subtle movememts

Reactions: Sett1997
Just when I think i understand freestyle scoring I get completely lost when a flurry of points happens. I think yianni was the better wrestler that match and clearly the aggressor

Reactions: TarpHawk and sdvike
122 pounds: Valentina Bailon p. Elleny Seda, 3:22

138 pounds: JoJo Aragona p. Adam Busiello, 4:06

57 kg: Jack Mueller t.f. Nick Picininni, 10-0

62 kg: Mallory Velte t.f. Linda Morris, 10-0

70 kg: James Green d. Anthony Ashnault, 8-4

97 kg: Kyle Snyder t.f. Nishan Randhawa, 13-1

125 kg: Nick Gwiazdowski d. Derek White, 9-0

53 kg: Becka Leathers d. Diana Weicker, 10-6

61 kg: Nick Suriano d. Joe Colon, 3-1

86 kg: Drew Foster inj. def. David Taylor

92 kg: J'den Cox t.f. Patrick Brucki, 12-0

65 kg: Yianni Diakimohalis d. Bajrang Punia, 10-8

74 kg: Jordan Burroughs vs. Ben Askren

You'd think he'd at least take 1 shot. Losing 9-0 after Burroughs lets him go to the second, doesn't shoot and doesn't even react to Burroughs shot? I know it's a massive mismatch but damn Askren looked terrible lol.
Burroughs did let him go to the second out of respect.
You caught that too.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I didn't think askrens would have a chance but good for him going out and taking Burroughs on. It's for a good cause and fun but Burroughs is just too quick and powerful

Reactions: Sett1997
Jeezus Askren looked terrible lol. May have well been a takedown adam dummy.

He is physically way past his prime. The only thing I learned from that match is that I'll be damn surprised if Askren can win the UFC title at this point in his career.
The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be. Maybe time for Askren to find another line of work?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Think Yianni and Snyder's success is going to have guys who aspire to succeed in freestyle think twice about spending unnecessary time in college. Spending 5-6 years in college is wasting freestyle time.

Think Yianni and Snyder's success is going to have guys who aspire to succeed in freestyle think twice about spending unnecessary time in college. Spending 5-6 years in college is wasting freestyle time.
Love watching him wrestle both FS and folk. He is fun to watch.

Looked to me like for some reason Colon turned his head and wasn't looking when Suriano shot and got his TD. Awful match to watch.
Surianos constant movement tends to slow guys down that don’t want to take a bad shot. Say what you want about colon - he doesn’t tend to have low scoring matches like that.

Surianos constant movement tends to slow guys down that don’t want to take a bad shot. Say what you want about colon - he doesn’t tend to have low scoring matches like that.

I have absolutely zero problem with Suriano's match. Not a freestyle guy at all but showed up to wrestle the World Bronze medalist who has been doing this solely for the past 5 years and beat him. Played to his strengths (neutral) and stayed out of par terre which would have likely have had him getting gutted 5 or 6 times. This one was totally on Colon.

Yeah there was a dude that went straight to freestyle. Metcalf beat him now he is a dud in Mma. Sometimes the college helps you develope.

Reactions: Chips28
ADVERTISEMENT