ADVERTISEMENT

***BTS Thread***

Yeah there was a dude that went straight to freestyle. Metcalf beat him now he is a dud in Mma. Sometimes the college helps you develope.

Are you talking about Pico bc if so you are a bit ignorant. Pico went to the best of 3 at the Olympic trial finals when he was 18. Damn near was an Olympian. And it's too early to call him a dud in MMA.
Aaron Pico. And he is no dud.

Think Yianni and Snyder's success is going to have guys who aspire to succeed in freestyle think twice about spending unnecessary time in college. Spending 5-6 years in college is wasting freestyle time.
Didn't Snyder wrestle all four of his NCAA's for Ohio State? He seems to be doing just fine. He did spend his Senior year of H.S. at the OTC though, maybe that was the trick.

I presume he has an Ohio State degree as well, which could come into play on several fronts, even if all he wants to do is Coach Wrestling.

Reactions: meatloaf55
I'm not saying don't go to college. 4 years is ok. I'm saying don't take a grayshirt then a redshirt and spend 6 years in school...like a certain school pushes its star recruits to do....

Reactions: DirkTang1
I'm not saying don't go to college. 4 years is ok. I'm saying don't take a grayshirt then a redshirt and spend 6 years in school...like a certain school pushes its star recruits to do....

So some school out there is 'pushing' their star recruits down a path they want no part of? Forcing them to do as told, even tho it's against their/families wishes?
Yet, despite these star recruits having offers from everyone, they still decided to stick with that bullsiit plan?
It's gotta be either mind control tactics or that promise of $1M at the end of the rainbow.
Of course, once this 'push tactic' starts being copied by others, I'm sure all will be fine.;)

So some school out there is 'pushing' their star recruits down a path they want no part of? Forcing them to do as told, even tho it's against their/families wishes?
Yet, despite these star recruits having offers from everyone, they still decided to stick with that bullsiit plan?
It's gotta be either mind control tactics or that promise of $1M at the end of the rainbow.
Of course, once this 'push tactic' starts being copied by others, I'm sure all will be fine.;)

Not forcing, Zep, but tricking. It's more assy that way. On top of that, the guys are not allowed to practice or compete in any freestyle while grayshirting or redshirting. :rolleyes:

Bad Carl is cheating guys out of gold medals at every opportunity, just to pad his NCAA Team Championship trophy collection (which resides at his home, by the way).

Not forcing, Zep, but tricking. It's more assy that way. On top of that, the guys are not allowed to practice or compete in any freestyle while grayshirting or redshirting. :rolleyes:

Bad Carl is cheating guys out of gold medals at every opportunity, just to pad his NCAA Team Championship trophy collection (which resides at his home, by the way).
I thought maybe he let Andrew Long keep one of those trophies......

Geez, now you did it. You made the tiniest swipe and implied that something isn’t 100% pristine in Pleasantville Valley. Did you see how quick Tobey Maquire and Jeff Daniels showed up to let us know everything is still in black and white and everything is perfect?

Think Yianni and Snyder's success is going to have guys who aspire to succeed in freestyle think twice about spending unnecessary time in college. Spending 5-6 years in college is wasting freestyle time.
So they can go wrestle for the 350 people that care about freestyle? That seems like the waste.

Yeah he still has a chance in the UFC coming off of a huge win over Robbie Lawler. His night fight is against Masvidal who is also 34 years old. I'd say he's got one good run left in the UFC then he'll probably step back and coach full time.
I'm an Askren fan but Masvidal wipes the mat with him.

Reactions: el dub
Geez, now you did it. You made the tiniest swipe and implied that something isn’t 100% pristine in Pleasantville Valley. Did you see how quick Tobey Maquire and Jeff Daniels showed up to let us know everything is still in black and white and everything is perfect?

Hey man, if every other thread on this board weren't some sort of Six Degrees to Bad Carl and Penn State exercise, these types of exchanges would be far less common.

Serious question for the Inner Circle Private Forum members -- how much of the conversation there involves PSU not doing things "the right way" and perseverating over decisions Cael Sanderson made 8-12 years ago?

Reactions: Gusaford
Hey man, if every other thread on this board weren't some sort of Six Degrees to Bad Carl and Penn State exercise, these types of exchanges would be far less common.

Serious question for the Inner Circle Private Forum members -- how much of the conversation there involves PSU not doing things "the right way" and perseverating over decisions Cael Sanderson made 8-12 years ago?
PSU/Carl don't get brought up much.

Reactions: slushhead
Almost none. Your board downplaying Cass’s win as a freestyle result is about the only time anything Penn State has been brought up. Almost exclusively talking about Iowa and ways to help the club.

There are shots taken at Iowa in almost every thread on your board. Pot meet kettle.

I'm an Askren fan but Masvidal wipes the mat with him.
Yeah, I'm with you here. Lawler fight was a stroke of luck but Ben still executed the choke. Masvidal is just a machine right now. I'm pulling for Ben though.

Reactions: TDJ7

"Perseverating" -- nice one!

Almost none. Your board downplaying Cass’s win as a freestyle result is about the only time anything Penn State has been brought up. Almost exclusively talking about Iowa and ways to help the club.

There are shots taken at Iowa in almost every thread on your board. Pot meet kettle.

Thanks for the info, though I disagree with the pot-kettle take.

I'll assume "your board" was meant in reference to BWI, where I spend very little time. Even if there are posters there taking shots at Iowa all the time, I'm not on there complaining about Iowa fans coming over and being overreactive to constant provocation. If posters are constantly diminishing Brands's accomplishments and attacking his character, I'd have no problem with Iowa fans speaking out to the contrary or mocking baseless accusations. Or making fun of people who can't move forward from decade-old gripes.

Thanks for the info, though I disagree with the pot-kettle take.

I'll assume "your board" was meant in reference to BWI, where I spend very little time. Even if there are posters there taking shots at Iowa all the time, I'm not on there complaining about Iowa fans coming over and being overreactive to constant provocation. If posters are constantly diminishing Brands's accomplishments and attacking his character, I'd have no problem with Iowa fans speaking out to the contrary or mocking baseless accusations. Or making fun of people who can't move forward from decade-old gripes.

The bwi board is welcoming if you toe the company line. I have been over there to congratulate top performers and performances and all is well. Step just a tiny step off the ‘Pleasantville’ company line and things change quickly. It is tough to describe the mindset but there is rarely if ever any admitting that anything is less than perfect and that base goes out of its way to look for and address the smallest of perceived slights.

Last edited:
i suspect it is on many levels alot like the inner circle only free

The BWI board? No. I am guessing but the inner circle probably admits there are things to work on and things that haven’t been done correctly in the program. BWI doesn’t really have any of those admissions, it’s more of a ‘gee, how perfect are we?’ Type of approach.

Reactions: SDHN2013
The BWI board? No. I am guessing but the inner circle probably admits there are things to work on and things that haven’t been done correctly in the program. BWI doesn’t really have any of those admissions, it’s more of a ‘gee, how perfect are we?’ Type of approach.
Well, when you're perfect, it's easy to have that approach. ;)

Well, when you're perfect, it's easy to have that approach. ;)

There is truth to that, as only the deranged find room to complain when a dynasty is rolling.

When the tide turns, though, things will get ugly with infighting. You and I used to see it crop up on another site at the slightest sign of trouble.

Hey, if you have a wrestling club and you're making $100,000 a year to gray shirt and then red shirt, that's not a bad job...

ADVERTISEMENT