ADVERTISEMENT

Budget deficit cut in half!

The federal government is currently coming off a massive bender of spending. Over the course of the 2-3 years we are just on pace of where we might have been which is something to look at as a positive especially with the Dems in power #amirite

I mean I get where you are coming from but this is a positive from a federal government standpoint imo. Like I said in a previous post, let’s see where this trajectory takes us the next couple of years
How is it a positive? Going from driving drunk and high to just driving drunk isnt a positive.

Reactions: Coach_Fry
Meaning the revenue equals the spending. Treat the federal govt spending like a States

Good luck with that when the next war, or pandemic, or Ukraine, or other black swan event hits. Plunging revenues and escalating expenditures -- will not work.

Normally I would say agree to increase taxes and cut spending, plus add a side agreement that certain expenditures are not included after a vote of Congress, but the GOP has already said they will trash the economy and US credit rating for changes to programs I have been paying into for 30 years. Can't make a deal with the current cons.

Good luck with that when the next war, or pandemic, or Ukraine, or other black swan event hits. Plunging revenues and escalating expenditures -- will not work.

Normally I would say agree to increase taxes and cut spending, plus add a side agreement that certain expenditures are not included after a vote of Congress, but the GOP has already said they will trash the economy and US credit rating for changes to programs I have been paying into for 30 years. Can't make a deal with the current cons.
We all need to be real on this topic. Neither party is willing to make it happen. We are looking a 1 trillion dollar deficits. 1 Fuking trillion.
We would need to increase taxes and cut the entire budget by 10%

We all need to be real on this topic. Neither party is willing to make it happen. We are looking a 1 trillion dollar deficits. 1 Fuking trillion.
We would need to increase taxes and cut the entire budget by 10%
We’re going to default eventually. It’s the American way. Preferable in my opinion.

Budget deficit cut in half for biggest drop ever amid Covid spending declines
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/21/us-...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

“The U.S. budget deficit was sliced in half for fiscal 2022, the biggest drop in history following two years of huge Covid-related spending.

Though still large in historical terms, the budget shortfall declined to $1.375 trillion, compared to the 2021 deficit of $2.776 trillion.”

Obviously this was due to COVID spending the previous year but good job Biden! For reference, the budget deficit was $984.4 billion in 2019 before all of this. Hopefully we keep chopping that down

ADVERTISEMENT