Budget deficit cut in half!

notlongago

HR Heisman
Jul 28, 2012
The federal government is currently coming off a massive bender of spending. Over the course of the 2-3 years we are just on pace of where we might have been which is something to look at as a positive especially with the Dems in power #amirite

I mean I get where you are coming from but this is a positive from a federal government standpoint imo. Like I said in a previous post, let’s see where this trajectory takes us the next couple of years
How is it a positive? Going from driving drunk and high to just driving drunk isnt a positive.

Reactions: Coach_Fry

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Meaning the revenue equals the spending. Treat the federal govt spending like a States

Good luck with that when the next war, or pandemic, or Ukraine, or other black swan event hits. Plunging revenues and escalating expenditures -- will not work.

Normally I would say agree to increase taxes and cut spending, plus add a side agreement that certain expenditures are not included after a vote of Congress, but the GOP has already said they will trash the economy and US credit rating for changes to programs I have been paying into for 30 years. Can't make a deal with the current cons.

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
Good luck with that when the next war, or pandemic, or Ukraine, or other black swan event hits. Plunging revenues and escalating expenditures -- will not work.

Normally I would say agree to increase taxes and cut spending, plus add a side agreement that certain expenditures are not included after a vote of Congress, but the GOP has already said they will trash the economy and US credit rating for changes to programs I have been paying into for 30 years. Can't make a deal with the current cons.
We all need to be real on this topic. Neither party is willing to make it happen. We are looking a 1 trillion dollar deficits. 1 Fuking trillion.
We would need to increase taxes and cut the entire budget by 10%

NCHawk5

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2019
We all need to be real on this topic. Neither party is willing to make it happen. We are looking a 1 trillion dollar deficits. 1 Fuking trillion.
We would need to increase taxes and cut the entire budget by 10%
We’re going to default eventually. It’s the American way. Preferable in my opinion.

BlueRidgeHawk

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2022
Budget deficit cut in half for biggest drop ever amid Covid spending declines
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/21/us-...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

“The U.S. budget deficit was sliced in half for fiscal 2022, the biggest drop in history following two years of huge Covid-related spending.

Though still large in historical terms, the budget shortfall declined to $1.375 trillion, compared to the 2021 deficit of $2.776 trillion.”

Obviously this was due to COVID spending the previous year but good job Biden! For reference, the budget deficit was $984.4 billion in 2019 before all of this. Hopefully we keep chopping that down