ADVERTISEMENT

Budget deficit cut in half!

Some pretty harsh stuff here. 61% of Iowan's polled say they disapprove of how Biden has handled his job as president. 73% say the nation has gotten off track under his presidency. Only 20% say the country is headed in the right direction.

I could have told you this without a poll haha. Iowa is not purple anymore

As I said earlier, neither side wants to make the necessary cuts and the GOP doesn’t want to raise taxes. It’s a joke
Agreed.

Just for some context, the deficit rose 26% from 2018 to 2019. If you look at the raise from 2019 to now (984 billion to 1.375 trillion) that is a 39% raise over 3 years which is about 13% YoY annualized. So, it's actually better than from 2018 to 2019. Now, it needs to keep going down but it's at least a step in the right direction.

Because Trump just kept cutting interest rates to almost zero for political reasons? And, flooded the market with repeated money giveaways during Covid?
Huh. Odd. I didn’t realize trump controlled the federal reserve as well.

He'll I'm old enough to remember when Trump didn't want to do the covid cash but was grilled that he had to do so.

Trump was not a fiscal conservative, he did NOT want to do the first stimulus though if you remember.

Reactions: AreWeCross
As I said earlier, neither side wants to make the necessary cuts and the GOP doesn’t want to raise taxes. It’s a joke
Idk about the gop not wanting to raise taxes. Elements of the party are starting to break away from the no tax hikes thing and just focus on not taxing the hell out of the middle class.

I don’t think anyone in the gop is painting trump as a fiscal conservative
Well not directly but if the biggest complaint about the Biden administration is their financial issues, and you nominate Trump in 2024, then that IS painting Trump as a fiscal conservative.

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
Well not directly but if the biggest complaint about the Biden administration is their financial issues, and you nominate Trump in 2024, then that IS painting Trump as a fiscal conservative.
How? I don’t see the focus of the GOP being on the deficit other than simply commenting that maybe we’ve been a bit reckless (which we have). They don’t need to attack Biden. He does that to himself.

My mom spends less money than my aunt, neither are good with money. Trump may be better but he isn't good. He'll, he would likely spend as much or more, but he would make deals to cover some of it, unlike 46.

• Haha
Reactions: IAHawk2011
My mom spends less money than my aunt, neither are good with money. Trump may be better but he isn't good. He'll, he would likely spend as much or more, but he would make deals to cover some of it, unlike 46.
lol. The "deals" angle again?

If you compare Trump's 4 years to Obama's last 4 years, Trump spent WAY more and had a larger deficit. And again, the BIGGEST complaint by far from the Right is how much libs spend. Do you honestly not see how that comes across as hypocritical, at all?

How? I don’t see the focus of the GOP being on the deficit other than simply commenting that maybe we’ve been a bit reckless (which we have). They don’t need to attack Biden. He does that to himself.
Seriously?

If I market Product A and you market Product B and I say Product B has too many calories and makes you fat. Then I turn around and my product has just as many calories and makes you just as fat, then that IS painting the same picture.

How do you not see that?

lol. The "deals" angle again?

If you compare Trump's 4 years to Obama's last 4 years, Trump spent WAY more and had a larger deficit. And again, the BIGGEST complaint by far from the Right is how much libs spend. Do you honestly not see how that comes across as hypocritical, at all?
1.Trump was not a fiscal conservative.

2. There were some extraordinary events that need to be accounted for in your data.

Yes, if the general republican ran as a fiscal conscious and consistently spent as much or more than dems it would be incredibly hypocritical.

Huh. Odd. I didn’t realize trump controlled the federal reserve as well.
Did you miss the constant pressure he was applying to lower rates? He even said he was willing to go to negative rates.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday called on the “boneheads” at the Federal Reserve to push interest rates down into negative territory, a move reluctantly used by other world central banks to battle weak economic growth that risks punishing savers and banks’ earnings in the process."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gative-rates-from-fed-boneheads-idUSKCN1VW1CW

1.Trump was not a fiscal conservative.

2. There were some extraordinary events that need to be accounted for in your data.

Yes, if the general republican ran as a fiscal conscious and consistently spent as much or more than dems it would be incredibly hypocritical.
ALL GOP candidates run as fiscal conservatives. It's literally in their platform. How can you not understand this?

When the biggest complaint is libs spend too much, then wouldn't you get a candidate who doesn't do that??? If not, then the RIght is dumber than I gave them credit for.

ALL GOP candidates run as fiscal conservatives. It's literally in their platform. How can you not understand this?

When the biggest complaint is libs spend too much, then wouldn't you get a candidate who doesn't do that??? If not, then the RIght is dumber than I gave them credit for.
You seem to be struggling with the concept that one person can be more frugal than another person and yet still not be a saver.

You seem to be struggling with the concept that one person can be more frugal than another person and yet still not be a saver.
You seem to struggle with the concept that Trump is not more frugal than the Dem that proceeded him. That's the point.

The GOP would say in 2024 Trump will spend less than the Dem that was in there (this time Biden). But last time Trump spent MORE than the Dem that proceeded him.

So, in your dumb example (you are smarter than this), the lib is the more frugal person than Trump. That's my f'n point and you can't seem to understand it.

Reactions: BelemNole
You seem to struggle with the concept that Trump is not more frugal than the Dem that proceeded him. That's the point.

The GOP would say in 2024 Trump will spend less than the Dem that was in there (this time Biden). But last time Trump spent MORE than the Dem that proceeded him.

So, in your dumb example (you are smarter than this), the lib is the more frugal person than Trump. That's my f'n point and you can't seem to understand it.
Trump was not a fiscal conservative.

You seem to know what the GOP is going to say better than I Do.

Seriously?

If I market Product A and you market Product B and I say Product B has too many calories and makes you fat. Then I turn around and my product has just as many calories and makes you just as fat, then that IS painting the same picture.

How do you not see that?
There are so many things to criticize Biden for. The deficit is actually pretty low on my list. The REASON for the massive shift this year is what I’m criticizing as it’s contributing to inflation.

Did you miss the constant pressure he was applying to lower rates? He even said he was willing to go to negative rates.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday called on the “boneheads” at the Federal Reserve to push interest rates down into negative territory, a move reluctantly used by other world central banks to battle weak economic growth that risks punishing savers and banks’ earnings in the process."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gative-rates-from-fed-boneheads-idUSKCN1VW1CW
🤷‍♂️ so what? The Fed is a separate entity and doesn’t have to listen to him. This is the classic “he told me to do it” scenario.

Under Obama the deficit peaked at 1.2 trillion dealing with the 2008 financial collapse. By 2015 they had whittled it down to 400 billion.
Some of that reduction was forced upon him when the GOP house put spending caps on discretionary and defense budgets. Obama did sign off on the cuts.

This year was on track for just under 1 trillion but then Biden announced his student loan forgiveness program and they forced all 350-400 billion into this year's budget even tho it will occur over 10 years.

What is a Budeget?
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe Budeget is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

anchormanpress040810-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheonGreyJoy
🤷‍♂️ so what? The Fed is a separate entity and doesn’t have to listen to him. This is the classic “he told me to do it” scenario.

Come on now...

"President Trump opened the door Tuesday to possibly firing Federal Reserve Chair Jerome H. Powell, an almost unprecedented attack on America’s central bank just as top Fed leaders are meeting in Washington to decide what to do on interest rates.

“Let’s see what he does,” Trump said when a reporter asked him whether Powell should be removed as chair.

The Fed will make an announcement at 2 p.m. Wednesday about whether it is keeping interest rates the same or reducing them. Trump has repeatedly urged the Fed to cut interest rates to juice growth."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...p-suggests-he-might-want-remove-chair-powell/

Reactions: BelemNole
Come on now...

"President Trump opened the door Tuesday to possibly firing Federal Reserve Chair Jerome H. Powell, an almost unprecedented attack on America’s central bank just as top Fed leaders are meeting in Washington to decide what to do on interest rates.

“Let’s see what he does,” Trump said when a reporter asked him whether Powell should be removed as chair.

The Fed will make an announcement at 2 p.m. Wednesday about whether it is keeping interest rates the same or reducing them. Trump has repeatedly urged the Fed to cut interest rates to juice growth."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...p-suggests-he-might-want-remove-chair-powell/
No balls Powell.

ADVERTISEMENT