ADVERTISEMENT

Burlington, Iowa

Rhino80

Team MVP
Dec 30, 2016
I posted a few weeks ago asking for information about Burlington. The hospital there is bringing us out for an interview next weekend. Is there any wrestling going on, heck even HS, would be fun to take the kids to something. Also, if anyone has any youth club contacts that would be awesome. We are certainly a wrestling family, my kiddos are 9 and 11. My 11 year old is serious and has been wrestling since he was 4. The little one wrestles but he just has fun with it.

DC Elite have a location in West Burlington.

There are youth wrestling programs at Mediapolis and Wapelo (both of these towns are north of Burlington).

All 3 had wrestlers at the AAU state tournament in Feb 2019 with DC Elite having by far the most of the 3.

Seems to me most High Schools have an affiliated youth program so I am sure there are more programs in the area.

Don't know about meets/tournaments in the Burlington area next weekend, there are events in Iowa City and the Quad Cities. Kids from the Burlington area frequently participate in youth tournaments in both Iowa City and Quad Cities.

Likely the clubs would be more than happy for you and your kids visit a practice.

Closest youth wrestling tournament next weekend would be at Iowa City West on Sunday. Probably too early for high school duals/tournaments, Mediapolis usually has first dual the first week of December.

Not sure if you will be in town Friday, but at 5:30 at Burlington high school we will have wrestleoffs, which will consist of about 13 matches and should be done by 6:30. followed by Girls and Boys basketball scrimmages.

We got into town yesterday. Whoever recommended Martini's , thank you very much!!! The building is kinda odd for a restaurant, but the food and atmosphere was excellent!!! We will be here until Sunday morning so we may be able to catch those wrestle odds, sounds like fun.

We got into town yesterday. Whoever recommended Martini's , thank you very much!!! The building is kinda odd for a restaurant, but the food and atmosphere was excellent!!! We will be here until Sunday morning so we may be able to catch those wrestle odds, sounds like fun.

Glad you enjoyed Martinis! The building used to be a hospital (I was born there) but it’s been converted.

I will be refereeing the wrestleoffs so when they are done come down and introduce yourself and I can show you the wrestling room.

Went well. Town is so so, but my wife seemed to really like the people she would be working with. We'll see if she gets the offer.

on a side note, Iowa may be very unlucky for me. PSU Wrestling. Football, and Hockey all lost while I was there lol. I didnt make it to the HS wrestle off as we had to go to a dinner, I wish I could have made it to that.

Went well. Town is so so, but my wife seemed to really like the people she would be working with. We'll see if she gets the offer.

on a side note, Iowa may be very unlucky for me. PSU Wrestling. Football, and Hockey all lost while I was there lol. I didnt make it to the HS wrestle off as we had to go to a dinner, I wish I could have made it to that.
The Iowa bus will always welcome another aboard. :)

Mind if I ask what area she would be working in. Got a few friends working there.

Reactions: Rhino80
Oddly enough I just saw this on Facebook lol

3i1wuf.jpg

Reactions: el dub
Good luck, dude. I don’t even like to visit those river towns.

But I’m guessing your wife will stay busy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT