ADVERTISEMENT

But the lockdowns...

There was some "good news" in the Lancet report...

0x0.jpg

Hopefully, Trump's stupidity accelerated the trend.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
He asked the question. Answer it,
I'll take that one...how about looking at what the G-7 countries did that made their death rate so much lower than ours? That's where the disparity comes from, you know. Or did you not bother to read the report?

The Commission determined that 40% of Covid-19-related deaths in the U.S. could have been prevented had the U.S. only had the same Covid-19 death rates as those of other Group of Seven (G7) nations, namely Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom.

• Wow
Reactions: sob5

The Commission determined that 40% of Covid-19-related deaths in the U.S. could have been prevented had the U.S. only had the same Covid-19 death rates as those of other Group of Seven (G7) nations, namely Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom.​

For what it’s worth, the per capita death toll from COVID-19 in the United States from the start of the pandemic until January 20, 2021 was 85% higher than the aggregate per capita death toll of those other six countries.

Since January 20, 2021 our per capita death toll is 89% higher than those same six countries.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
He asked the question and you responded with the usual smart ass comment. You would have been better off saying you had nothing. What could Trump have done to save those 400,000+ lives?

He didn't ask me, so your stupid remarks are meaningless. Also, there have been numerous actions the former twice impeached president could have taken. But you already know that.

He didn't ask me, so your stupid remarks are meaningless. Also, there have been numerous actions the former twice impeached president could have taken. But you already know that.
If he didn’t ask you, why did you respond. And go ahead and name a couple actions he could have taken.

I'll take that one...how about looking at what the G-7 countries did that made their death rate so much lower than ours? That's where the disparity comes from, you know. Or did you not bother to read the report?

The Commission determined that 40% of Covid-19-related deaths in the U.S. could have been prevented had the U.S. only had the same Covid-19 death rates as those of other Group of Seven (G7) nations, namely Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
The people in those countries aren’t nearly as fat, old and sick as Americans are.
The other G7 nations did their best prevention efforts before the pandemic ever existed.

If he didn’t ask you, why did you respond. And go ahead and name a couple actions he could have taken.

You surely aren't that dumb that someone needs to give instances of what the former twice impeached president could have done are you?

Anyone care to take a stab at explaining why we’re actually doing slightly worse compared to the other G-7 nations over the past 22 months than we did during the first 11 months of the pandemic?

Reactions: notlongago
Do people seriously think the same number of people would have died if we would have been alerted of Covid in November of 2019, when the WH was informed, vs March of 2020, when the WH actually admitted the problem?

That's five months of wasted time.

Do people seriously think the same number of people would have died if we would have been alerted of Covid in November of 2019, when the WH was informed, vs March of 2020, when the WH actually admitted the problem?

You think people in the general public just learned about Covid in March of 2020? That is some true revisionist history right there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
We were very lucky in central Iowa, there really were not lockdowns. Briefly for restaurants and bars and schools were home only from spring break on. My office was mask free by October 2020 or before. I don’t think shut downs and mask mandates will ever happen again.

My state locked down and masked....you wouldn't have known it where I live though. Hell, businesses had signs up refusing your business if you had a mask on (which was really stupid).

I do have no problem saying I was one of them at the bar that didn't have a mask on.

Horseshit. You’re literally just making up imaginary ‘facts’.

The Trump administration declared a public health emergency on February 3, three days after the World Health Organization declared a Global Health Emergency.

On February 24, Nancy Pelosi led members of the press on a walking tour of San Francisco’s Chinatown and urged the public to come visit because she was far more concerned about the economic impact on Chinese-American businesses than the danger posed by the virus.

All of this stuff is documented history. Maybe next time do a bit of fact-checking so you don’t look like an idiot.

COVID-19 timeline

The Trump administration declared a public health emergency on February 3, three days after the World Health Organization declared a Global Health Emergency.

On February 24, Nancy Pelosi led members of the press on a walking tour of San Francisco’s Chinatown and urged the public to come visit because she was far more concerned about the economic impact on Chinese-American businesses than the danger posed by the virus.

All of this stuff is documented history. Maybe next time do a bit of fact-checking so you don’t look like an idiot.

COVID-19 timeline

You trying to tell us that Trump refusing to admit the severity of Covid early on was in anyone's best interests?

He refused to acknowledge Covid for one reason, and one reason only...it would hurt his reelection campaign.

Ironic, that his lack of urgency was basically the single biggest reason he lost.

COVID-19 timeline

Did Trump know about it in Nov 2019? You didn't address that. That still leaves 3-4 months of saying nothing

You trying to tell us that Trump refusing to admit the severity of Covid early on was in anyone's best interests?

He refused to acknowledge Covid for one reason, and one reason only...it would hurt his reelection campaign.

Ironic, that his lack of urgency was basically the single biggest reason he lost.
Is this you acknowledging you straight up lied a few posts above?

Reactions: TylerJ76
You got a link that says Trump knew about the virus in November 2019?

Nope, that's why I was asking as you didn't seem to address it. Wasn't sure the validity and you seemed to justify it by him making a statement in Feb of 2022

Nope, that's why I was asking as you didn't seem to address it. Wasn't sure the validity and you seemed to justify it by him making a statement in Feb of 2022
Trump didn’t know about the virus in November 2019. MitchLL lied.

Did Trump know about it in Nov 2019? You didn't address that. That still leaves 3-4 months of saying nothing

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...onavirus-on-jan-5-who-says-in-response-to-u-s

https://www.cdc.gov/museum/timeline/covid19.html

https://www.who.int/news/item/29-06-2020-covidtimeline

Here are a few articles to determine that @MitchLL is just making shit up.

He got caught making up a lie, then backpedaled.

Reactions: fredjr82
BS.

Tell us all knowing oracle, what could Trump have done differently to save over 400,000 lives?
NOT. LIE.

Stop being obtuse. He said he lied on the record. Lied all the way through. How can you even try to debate this? It's insane.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
NOT. LIE.

Stop being obtuse. He said he lied on the record. Lied all the way through. How can you even try to debate this? It's insane.
No one else has stepped up to the plate on this, so maybe you can help me. Any explanation for why our death rate compared to other G-7 nations is actually a little worse since Biden took office than it was when Trump was in charge?

Reactions: notlongago
No one else has stepped up to the plate on this, so maybe you can help me. Any explanation for why our death rate compared to other G-7 nations is actually a little worse since Biden took office than it was when Trump was in charge?
No clue, but it certainly isn't because Biden is lying about it. Probably has something to do with anti-vaxxers. We are a more entitled populace than other nations, imo.

I just googled and read Timeline of Trump's Coronavirus Responses. I had forgotten how inept he and his mouth were. No wonder experts say he was responsible for over 400,000 unnecessary deaths. How sad, and yet maggots continue to try and defend the joker.

Simple logic would suggest doing a poor job early would lead to worse outcomes later as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk and BGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT