ADVERTISEMENT

But the lockdowns...

Which should be a wake up call to everyone, that even the scientific community isn't quite as smart as they think they are,... This is why a one size fits all, mandated solution can be so dangerous.
So we ‘found out’ later (due to a shrunken trial period) that the covid vaccines didn’t stop transmission like we were assured they would. Thank goodness we didn’t ‘find out’ later they might also come with very nasty, if not fatal, side effects.

Cuz that would be bad 😳

Vaccines also largely prevent severe repercussions. The large majority in ICU's and the overwhelming majority of those who died after vaccines were widely available were unvaxxed. That simply IS true.
I’ve never denied that fact. Vaccines significantly reduce your risk of serious illness or death. It’s why I got vaccinated. It’s why I’ve said from the beginning that everyone who is eligible should get vaccinated.

But it’s also a fact that the vaccines don’t prevent you from getting infected and they don’t prevent you from spreading the virus. We learned that lesson the hard way about a year ago. Omicron burned through the vaccinated population with ease. The daily new cases chart contains a wave last December and January that towers over every other wave of the pandemic.

Reactions: hawkland14
So we ‘found out’ later (due to a shrunken trial period) that the covid vaccines didn’t stop transmission like we were assured they would. Thank goodness we didn’t ‘find out’ later they might also come with very nasty, if not fatal, side effects.

Cuz that would be bad 😳
All meds... especially the most powerful like antibiotics...can come with "nasty, if not fatal, side effects". Don't let ANYONE give you any meds in the future. FTR people can die from anesthesia or complications during surgery so none of that for you. Driving a car? Definitively dangerous. Hell, getting out of bed is apocryphally dangerous so you best just lie there like a turd for the rest of your life. You can thank me later for saving your life.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Lol - where did he say "masks don't work"?
"In one message, Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, replies to an email from Sylvia Burwell, believed to be the Sylvia Burwell who was health and human services secretary for three years under President Barack Obama. Burwell had asked for advice about wearing face masks while traveling. Fauci's reply is dated February 5, 2020, and is available in a document cloud provided by Buzzfeed.

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

He added: "I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low risk location."

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-said...ctive-keeping-out-virus-email-reveals-1596703

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Okay, he said don't wear them. End result is the same. How many people died because of that statement since we're trying to assign the number of deaths to people in power here.
Few, if any. He said that early for the reasons you stated and then, when the supplies were available he advocated heavily. Likely saved lives by making sure there were more available for medical personnel.

I’ve never denied that fact. Vaccines significantly reduce your risk of serious illness or death. It’s why I got vaccinated. It’s why I’ve said from the beginning that everyone who is eligible should get vaccinated.

But it’s also a fact that the vaccines don’t prevent you from getting infected and they don’t prevent you from spreading the virus. We learned that lesson the hard way about a year ago. Omicron burned through the vaccinated population with ease. The daily new cases chart contains a wave last December and January that towers over every other wave of the pandemic.
And Omicron was deadlier than Delta because it was so contagious...again, primarily for the unvaxxed who were as much a part of the surge as the vaxxed. I really don't care about the rest...I had Omicron at 64 and had one rough day. No worse than a bad cold. Thanks Pfizer/Moderna.

FTR, no one at the beginning of the vax roll-out could have predicted how quickly Covid would adapt but it is absolute fact that giving it an enormous number of unvaxxed people to tap into provided it with innumerable laboratories to experiment in. It's made the most of that and will continue to do so.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Few, if any. He said that early for the reasons you stated and then, when the supplies were available he advocated heavily. Likely saved lives by making sure there were more available for medical personnel.
These idiots REFUSE to learn something from 2 damn years ago. It's effing maddening. Or laughable. Absolutely will not budge from false narratives.

• Haha
Reactions: BGHAWK and Pinehawk
"For the first time, a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.
Fifty-eight percent of coronavirus deaths in August were people who were vaccinated or boosted, according to an analysis conducted for The Health 202 by Cynthia Cox, vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

It’s a continuation of a troubling trend that has emerged over the past year. As vaccination rates have increased and new variants appeared, the share of deaths of people who were vaccinated has been steadily rising.

“We can no longer say this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Cox told The Health 202."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ted-people-now-make-up-majority-covid-deaths/

"For the first time, a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.
Fifty-eight percent of coronavirus deaths in August were people who were vaccinated or boosted, according to an analysis conducted for The Health 202 by Cynthia Cox, vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation.

It’s a continuation of a troubling trend that has emerged over the past year. As vaccination rates have increased and new variants appeared, the share of deaths of people who were vaccinated has been steadily rising.

“We can no longer say this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Cox told The Health 202."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ted-people-now-make-up-majority-covid-deaths/
Were vaccinated or boosted at some time, but not recently. SMH

Being unvaccinated is still a major risk factor for dying from covid-19. But efficacy wanes over time, and an analysis out last week from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention highlights the need to get regular booster shots to keep one’s risk of death from the coronavirus low, especially for the elderly.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
(AP) “The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material,” reads the email, which Fauci sent to Sylvia Burwell.

Isn’t saying ‘masks don’t work’ the same as saying masks are ‘not really effective’?

No, one is zero effectiveness and the other is greater than zero

• Haha
I offered no opinion above, but simply quoted Fauci. He’s the one who said they aren’t effective, so you can direct your anger at him.

No, but you're still an idiot.
If they are so effective and Covid is so dangerous, you really should still be masking up.
Unless you weighed the risks to yourself and those around you, and decided it wasn’t necessary.
If so, be thankful you were allowed to make that choice for yourself.

If they are so effective and Covid is so dangerous, you really should still be masking up.
Unless you weighed the risks to yourself and those around you, and decided it wasn’t necessary.
If so, be thankful you were allowed to make that choice for yourself.
Lol - you're still on this asinine line of thinking. Not surprising. Several of us have dunked on you over and over about it and here we go again. I follow the science and recommendations of experts. You believe right wing propaganda.

If masks don't work to stop the spread of virus and germs, why do doctors wear and recommend them?

You're an idiot.

Lol - you're still on this asinine line of thinking. Not surprising. Several of us have dunked on you over and over about it and here we go again. I follow the science and recommendations of experts. You believe right wing propaganda.

If masks don't work to stop the spread of virus and germs, why do doctors wear and recommend them?

You're an idiot.
Hi Giggles. If doctors wear and recommend masks, why don’t you wear them?

Hi Giggles. If doctors wear and recommend masks, why don’t you wear them?
Because I'm not performing surgery or around sick people consistently.

Are you thinking doctors wear masks all the time?

JFC - you're bad at this stuff but stooping to pine's level is a new low. You are better than that.

• Haha
Riley thinks doctors wear masks in surgery to prevent against airborne viruses...
For unconscious, intubated patients undergoing surgery.

Every time he posts he embarrasses himself further, but appears to have no shame.

Because I'm not performing surgery or around sick people consistently.

Are you thinking doctors wear masks all the time?

JFC - you're bad at this stuff but stooping to pine's level is a new low. You are better than that.
What if you’re sick and don’t know because you’re asymptomatic? BTW, I’m of the belief that masks do work. Not full proof, but could help.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
What if you’re sick and don’t know because you’re asymptomatic? BTW, I’m of the belief that masks do work. Not full proof, but could help.
There’s my giggles. I know it’s you laughing at my comment, but it shows up as a reaction. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT