england-vs-sweden-euro-2012-match-nationalturk-0345.jpg

Sweden.jpg

tumblr_m5h0w4Dxxt1r0zulc-347279.jpg

euro-2012g-com-girls-swedish-fans-%F0%9F%98%BB-2908135.png
I second the motion

So we've outright purchased these lands in our history:

Louisiana Purchase
Florida
Mexican Cession and Gadsden Purchase (SW USA)
Seward's Folly (Alaska)
Philippine Islands (obviously we didn't keep)
US Virgin Islands (from Denmark BTW)

Harry Truman had also approached Denmark about purchasing Greenland in 1946.

But President Trump is absolutely crazy for floating the idea of buying Greenland, again. Greenland has a great potential for mineral resources and could be a very valuable acquisition by the USA. It's no secret that both Russia and China are looking more and more into interests in the Arctic Region.

Because Trump brings up the idea it is laughed at and automatically DOA. I wish people would be more open to actually thinking about things like this rather than automatically opposing the idea just because it came from the "other side". Given our history of land acquisitions, I would say that the President is being forward thinking in considering the idea. Of course, our purchase of Alaska from Russia was laughed at and called a "Folly" and look how that turned out.

As for Denmark and Greenland saying "not for sale". That's fine, you don't know unless you ask.
Let's focus on the US first instead of purchasing a territory that in the long run will likely cost in the trillions of dollars before it's all said and done.

Trump would do this strictly to satisfy his ego, not for any potential good for the USA.

Last edited:
Greenland has a great potential for mineral resources and could be a very valuable acquisition by the USA. It's no secret that both Russia and China are looking more and more into interests in the Arctic Region.

Only if the ice melts.........something he says is a hoax, but if that actually happens then that money would be better spent elsewhere in moving our population away from the coasts.

So we've outright purchased these lands in our history:

Louisiana Purchase
Florida
Mexican Cession and Gadsden Purchase (SW USA)
Seward's Folly (Alaska)
Philippine Islands (obviously we didn't keep)
US Virgin Islands (from Denmark BTW)

Harry Truman had also approached Denmark about purchasing Greenland in 1946.

But President Trump is absolutely crazy for floating the idea of buying Greenland, again. Greenland has a great potential for mineral resources and could be a very valuable acquisition by the USA. It's no secret that both Russia and China are looking more and more into interests in the Arctic Region.

Because Trump brings up the idea it is laughed at and automatically DOA. I wish people would be more open to actually thinking about things like this rather than automatically opposing the idea just because it came from the "other side". Given our history of land acquisitions, I would say that the President is being forward thinking in considering the idea. Of course, our purchase of Alaska from Russia was laughed at and called a "Folly" and look how that turned out.

As for Denmark and Greenland saying "not for sale". That's fine, you don't know unless you ask.
"If he is truly contemplating this, then this is final proof that he has gone mad," Soren Espersen, foreign affairs spokesman for the Danish People's Party, told local broadcaster DR. "The thought of Denmark selling 50,000 citizens to the United States is completely ridiculous."

I'll give him credit for not just tweeting out the idea. At least it sounds like the considerations were internal, for awhile.

"Greenland of 2019 may be very much like the Amazon of 2016, with limitless potential ahead, justifying a price-to-earnings ratio of 847. That would give the island a price tag of $1.7 trillion, a steep price for sure, but on the other hand just a little bit more than the cost of the Trump administration’s 2017 tax cuts."

"To recap, the estimated range is $200 million to $1.7 trillion, which as suspected comes with cartoonishly large error bars. And it’s a moot discussion anyway, as Greenland has made clear there’s no deal to be made here."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/16/trump-wants-buy-greenland-how-much-would-it-cost/

Why waste money on Greenland when a totally conquerable Mexico lies to the south?

Its people already invade us seeking a better life. It’s basically a failed state whose law enforcement works for drug dealers. They barely have drinkable water and they throw their poopy TP into the trash and I believe they are now the fattest country in the world since the mothers breastfeed coca-cola directly into the mouth of babes

Tell me more about getting coca cola out of tits, is there a way I can mix some rum in there?

Tell me more about getting coca cola out of tits, is there a way I can mix some rum in there?

Oooh....a little genetic engineering, and we might have thousands of white people pushing for more immigration across the southern borders....:confused:

You guys talking about buying Greenland. We’re broke. We don’t have the money to buy anything. We can’t even afford health care for our people.

Pshhhh...we ain't 'broke'.........."Hey, Mnuchin!!!! Print us up s'more money!!!!"

Reactions: mstp1992
Why waste money on Greenland when a totally conquerable Mexico lies to the south?

Its people already invade us seeking a better life. It’s basically a failed state whose law enforcement works for drug dealers. They barely have drinkable water and they throw their poopy TP into the trash and I believe they are now the fattest country in the world since the mothers breastfeed coca-cola directly into the mouth of babes

We don’t need Mexico. We already have Texas.

Reactions: ft254 and THE_DEVIL
Without borrowing money the government couldn’t buy a time share at Myrtle Beach. Let that sink in.... This is what real conservatives used to worry about before Trump.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I was simply pointing out that the USA has a long history of purchasing territories. Greenland has popped up on the radar as a potential territory we might like to buy at several points in our history. From what I have read it came up in the 1940's and 1970's.

It's the reaction that people have that Trump has now officially "lost it" that is incredible here. The WH discussing an idea that has been discussed a few times over the last century by other administrations, but now it is absolutely insane.

We need Greenland to have fresh water for the Mexicans after we annex Mexico.

I mean why let all that great fresh water just run off into the Atlantic? Bottle it and sell it.

I was simply pointing out that the USA has a long history of purchasing territories. Greenland has popped up on the radar as a potential territory we might like to buy at several points in our history. From what I have read it came up in the 1940's and 1970's.

It's the reaction that people have that Trump has now officially "lost it" that is incredible here. The WH discussing an idea that has been discussed a few times over the last century by other administrations, but now it is absolutely insane.
Denmark has said Trump is insane.

It’s insane to discuss buying Greenland in today’s culture. The fiscal and physical logistics would potentially cost trillions. This is not something a person with all his/her mental faculties would entertain.

Everything is for sale.

So, you think it is possible Greenland is for sale. Do you really want to go on record as saying you think Greenland is for sale? You would risk your reputation and credibility? The Orange Turd is such a buffoon he doesn't have the brains or sense to consider the consequences of making statements like this.

Worse, he doesn't have handlers to tell him to shut his mouth. A walking, talking embarrassment generating machine. JFC, when will this be over!

Reactions: mstp1992
So, you think it is possible Greenland is for sale. Do you really want to go on record as saying you think Greenland is for sale? You would risk your reputation and credibility? The Orange Turd is such a buffoon he doesn't have the brains or sense to consider the consequences of making statements like this.

Worse, he doesn't have handlers to tell him to shut his mouth. A walking, talking embarrassment generating machine. JFC, when will this be over!
In 6 short years from now.

You guys talking about buying Greenland. We’re broke. We don’t have the money to buy anything. We can’t even afford health care for our people.

It's not a matter of being able to afford it, it's a matter of wanting to do it.

If you don’t understand the difference, there’s no point in trying to explain the details to you.

This is why/how a moron was elected, albeit it compromised, to the office of presidency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT