ADVERTISEMENT

Buyers' remorse... Nearly half of EV owners regret buying an EV....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
McKinsey's Mobility Consumer Pulse study for 2024, released this month, finds that 46 percent of EV owners in America are “very” likely to switch back to gas-powered vehicles for their next purchase. The high percentage of Americans wanting to revert to traditional vehicles was unexpected even for the consulting firm.

I could see how people in large cities who may not have access to reliable overnight charging would find EV's annoying. I still say they need to be working on technologies to swap out battery packs and you just get them at service stations. Do it right and your visit will be about the same as current fuel stops. But that would take a heavy investment in infrastructure plus manufacturers would have to come to an agreement on what those designs are to make them universal to all cars.

You missed the key point: the 46% said they're "very" likely to buy an ICE vehicle when they get rid of their EV.

Libby adds a caveat: The household data does not necessarily measure whether an EV has been replaced by another EV. The new purchase, in other words, could be a replacement for a different household vehicle.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Personally, I know about 10 people who have EVs. It's a pretty even mix politically, from what I know and/or interpret based on how they act, talk, etc.
There are two who love them and have owned multiple EVs or hybrids. One is probably the most hard-core liberal that I know, active in the local and State Dem parties and has run for office several times.
The other is a hard right guy who flies a couple of trump flags at his house. He can't stand the damn libtards, but he drives 45 miles each way to work every day. He bought a hybrid in their early years when gas prices first spiked up over $4 many years ago & has had either a hybrid or an EV ever since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT