ADVERTISEMENT

By August, Trailing Clinton by 12-17 Points....

The truth is, Trump just outworked Hillary. While Hillary we having her bazillion dollar per plate dinners for the elites, Trump was out doing rallys. She sent her celebrity friends to do the dirty work for her and Trump did it himself. No matter how much I hate the guy, I gotta admit, he outworked her. She thought it was going to be headed to her, because it was her time.

I just picked up Fire and Fury and this comment leapt out at me.

With nearly 3 years of hindsight, what happened?
The polls were wrong. The traditional mechanism for conducting valid, impartial polls doesn't work anymore.
It didn't help that Hillary was a terrible candidate that thought she had it won the day after the primary.
In every election Hillary ever competed, her numbers did nothing but go down. Warhawk is right in that Trump outworked her, but she was facing a Catch-22. The harder she worked and the more she spoke, the less people liked her.

Reactions: ghost80
The polls were wrong. The traditional mechanism for conducting valid, impartial polls doesn't work anymore.
It didn't help that Hillary was a terrible candidate that thought she had it won the day after the primary.
In every election Hillary ever competed, her numbers did nothing but go down. Warhawk is right in that Trump outworked her, but she was facing a Catch-22. The harder she worked and the more she spoke, the less people liked her.

But the polls weren't wrong. Most pollsters just didn't think that Trump would run the table through the midwest, like he had to do, in order to win.

91131.gif

The truth is, Trump just outworked Hillary. While Hillary we having her bazillion dollar per plate dinners for the elites, Trump was out doing rallys. She sent her celebrity friends to do the dirty work for her and Trump did it himself. No matter how much I hate the guy, I gotta admit, he outworked her. She thought it was going to be headed to her, because it was her time.

Bill even realized it and tried to tell her she was blowing it but she wouldn't (or possibly couldn't) hit the trail.

I've half joked about Hills but seriously do wonder if there was legs to her health issues and she couldn't physically hold up.

As far as the polls who trusts them? No way of knowing their accuracy. Could they have been jaded to favor a candidate? It happens. Could it been that the people who were going to vote for Hillary are ones that allow themselves to be polled while Trump supporters simply ignored pollsters? I know I did.

End of the day IMO both the Rs and Ds seriously miscalculated how sick John Q Public is of establishment politicians. Unfortunately I'm not sure they have gotten this yet and could be miscalculating peoples reaction to Trump. Instead of running back to establishment politicians the mindset could be to kick Trump to the curb and try another "outsider".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT