ADVERTISEMENT

Bye-Bye Carson May

Did Oklahoma do it during the Stoops era? Insight Bowl?

They had Blake Bell come in to run for short yardage, including against Iowa, but he was technically a QB still at that point. He became a TE his senior year and in the NFL. I remember the Gophers had a big QB they'd bring in primarily to run as well about five years ago now, I think pre-Tanner Morgan.

The 6-6 252 Belldozer had 370 rushing yards and 24 rushing TDs in his freshman and sophomore seasons while throwing 20 passes.

Doesn't that moron Bob Stoops know the entire point of the wildcat is to put it in fast guys hands?

• Haha
Reactions: NevadaHawk
aaa-cowboy-aaa.gif

I know it was a mismatch that day, but Josh Allen in Kinnick was not all that impressive.
From what I remember he lost his top 2 or 3 wrs, te and rb from previous season. Was literally working with nothing his sr year. Why there was still plenty of doubt in him. Lot of people used same comparison to will Levis this season. But I agree phil and the boys do a great number on him shutting him down. Remember seeing some draft analyst using that game as a knock against him. Epenesa with his 1st career sack I believe that game.

Carson entering the portal is not that big of a deal. He was what, fourth string quarterback? Behind Cade, Joey, Hill, and then Carson. Who wants to sit at 4th when you think you can play for somebody like UNI or Toledo?

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
From what I remember he lost his top 2 or 3 wrs, te and rb from previous season. Was literally working with nothing his sr year. Why there was still plenty of doubt in him. Lot of people used same comparison to will Levis this season. But I agree phil and the boys do a great number on him shutting him down. Remember seeing some draft analyst using that game as a knock against him. Epenesa with his 1st career sack I believe that game.
Josh Allen in college may as well be a completely different person to Josh Allen today.

He was drafted so high entirely based off of physical potential, and it paid off. If it were purely about body of work, he likely would have been a late-rounder.

Reactions: obfuscating
Josh Allen in college may as well be a completely different person to Josh Allen today.

He was drafted so high entirely based off of physical potential, and it paid off. If it were purely about body of work, he likely would have been a late-rounder.
Allen was not the first legitimate NFL QB to look like hot trash against the Iowa defense, nor the last.

Allen was not the first legitimate NFL QB to look like hot trash against the Iowa defense, nor the last.
No, and this doesn't negate the Iowa defense that day, but his college self was massively overrated as well. Most of his NFL success can be directly attributed to him basically retooling his throwing motion through his personal coach.

Nope, I distinctly remember a Miami (OH) team entering Kinnick with a big QB about 20 years ago and Norm and the boys completely demolishing him. I heard he played a couple of years in the NFL…
And yet in 2002 when we played Miami-OH with Brad Banks @ QB, that same QB would have likely beat us if they had an even average running game that day. I felt very fortunate that the Hawks escaped with a 5 point win that day. The 2002 season would look very different now in retrospect if we had lost 2 nonconference games.

And yet in 2002 when we played Miami-OH with Brad Banks @ QB, that same QB would have likely beat us if they had an even average running game that day. I felt very fortunate that the Hawks escaped with a 5 point win that day. The 2002 season would look very different now in retrospect if we had lost 2 nonconference games.
True. I still look back on that game with wonder. What a totally different era, can you imagine us going to play AT Miami of Ohio in today’s landscape?

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT