ADVERTISEMENT

Bye-Bye Carson May

Leaving QBs in when they are injured keans one to say they may not. See Beathard...
Sports hernia (basically tendonitis in your groin) is not something that was going to cause other problems. It made him less mobile, but we have had plenty of less mobile QBs throughout our history.

Then I’d say they should be fired along with its any coach who plays a cleared but injured player!

See every coach?
Everyone in the stands could see Beathard was injured, cleared or not, should have been pulled.

Sports hernia (basically tendonitis in your groin) is not something that was going to cause other problems. It made him less mobile, but we have had plenty of less mobile QBs throughout our history.
Think about what you said, and apply it to football plays, what is needed at QB and what could happen if they dont have it fully?

Everyone in the stands could see Beathard was injured, cleared or not, should have been pulled.

I agree but that’s nationwide…you don’t know this about me but I had 2 boys (of my 6 kids) who were 65 2,40 and 64 2,10 and sensational basketball players, and they never stepped foot on a football field.

Meaning, it’s a violent game & one day it may get canceled. And I’m OK with that, but I’m certainly not going to use it as an excuse to bitch about my coach anymore than anyone else’s.. but I’m not really agenda driven like several of our friends!

I agree but that’s nationwide…you don’t know this about me but I had 2 boys (of my 6 kids) who were 65 2,40 and 64 2,10 and sensational basketball players, and they never stepped foot on a football field.

Meaning, it’s a violent game & one day it may get canceled. And I’m OK with that, but I’m certainly not going to use it as an excuse to bitch about my coach anymore than anyone else’s.. but I’m not really agenda driven like several of our friends!
So we should burn down buildings since that was going on nationwide a few short years ago?

In other words, just because others do it doesn't. ake it right.

Reactions: Bishop1971
So we should burn down buildings since that was going on nationwide a few short years ago?

In other words, just because others do it doesn't. ake it right.

I AGREE….I’m totally fine if they cancel football, it’s going to happen cuz!

Meaning playing kids that shouldn’t be playing… I am interested if CJ Beathard ever weighed in on that, I honestly don’t remember!

On a related note & I’m agreement, I watched a couple NFL and college games this year that I was literally offended.”, that they put a kid back in because he was clearly so hurt!

In fact, full confession… earlier this season, I had a little bit more to drink than I normally did, and posted later in the evening, and it was borderline, incoherent and reactionary…

And I’m not generally a reactionary, but it was still bad, concussion type deal. QB got laid out and was back in a series later!

It is the kid’s first season in the program. We aren’t telling a 4 star kid with only 1 other current scholarship qb that after 5 months of being in the program, his services are no longer desired because he is isn’t progressing. Makes zero sense.
A few things. First of all he was a 3 star kid who's only other offers were from ODU and Western Michigan. I'm not completely sold on Iowa's ability to identify under-recruited Qb's that other P5 schools missed on. Either this was a complete fall back recruit or the staff has figured out why he wasn't recruited by anybody else to begin with.

Please look up sports hernia. It is not basically tendinitis in your groin. 🙄

A few things. First of all he was a 3 star kid who's only other offers were from ODU and Western Michigan. I'm not completely sold on Iowa's ability to identify under-recruited Qb's that other P5 schools missed on. Either this was a complete fall back recruit or the staff has figured out why he wasn't recruited by anybody else to begin with.
He was a Rival’s 4*. Even so, we typically don’t have a qb with many coveted offers. It’s just not the Iowa style to tell a first year kid to look elsewhere.

He was a Rival’s 4*. Even so, we typically don’t have a qb with many coveted offers. It’s just not the Iowa style to tell a first year kid to look elsewhere.
He was a composite 3* on 247. The lack of any other offers probably tells the story here.

As far as style goes, it's being honest to tell a kid he's never going to play so if that's his goal he should probably look elsewhere. If it were me I would sure want to know.

Labas beat him out for the Bowl start and the DeFacto QB2 behind McNamara next season.

The kid wants to play. I respect that he wants to go find an opportunity to do that. Barring 2 injuries at the position he was not going to play at Iowa.

And the hits keep on coming. May saw the handwriting on the wall that McNamara was the starter next year and Labas after McNamara is done. Seniority rules at Iowa.
Yeh, pretty obvious when May is #2 supposedly, but they bring in a TE for the last series. Sort of would be a good hint to me.

We typically recruit a quarterback with each class,.. This is still a good plan.
I think they should start recruiting two. With attrition as it is now, your almost guaranteed to have transfer anyone who isn’t starting by their 3rd year.

He was a composite 3* on 247. The lack of any other offers probably tells the story here.

As far as style goes, it's being honest to tell a kid he's never going to play so if that's his goal he should probably look elsewhere. If it were me I would sure want to know.
For whatever reason we are able to recruit RBs & TEs just fine (heck Michigan even pouched us a couple years back), but we definitely are whiffing big time on QBs - they either are very below average once they get here or they just end up leaving. Honestly, I am surprised they all didn't leave after having to watch Petras play this season. As far as WRs, it seemed we had (maybe) turned a corner getting Bruce and Johnson - but that fizzled fast....

Reactions: Mohawkeye
For whatever reason we are able to recruit RBs & TEs just fine (heck Michigan even pouched us a couple years back), but we definitely are whiffing big time on QBs - they either are very below average once they get here or they just end up leaving. Honestly, I am surprised they all didn't leave after having to watch Petras play this season. As far as WRs, it seemed we had (maybe) turned a corner getting Bruce and Johnson - but that fizzled fast....
Petras will be the 1st iowa QB with significant playing time to not make the league since Jake C. Not sure I agree with this at all.

provide some evidence that we are striking out please. Iowa just pulled in Cade. Labas looked like the could be decent with an O-line, and Marco's numbers speak for themselves. So once again tell me how they are "wiffing."
Everybody since Beathard. How many QB recruits is that?

oh yeah you are right...Oh wait, Nate Stanley?....Come on, provide some stats to your narrative or be quiet.
Nate Stanley threw a good chunk of TDs in two of his three seasons but was crazy inaccurate w/ little touch on his passes, couldn’t do much of anything with his legs, and had little pocket presence. He never exceeded a 59% completion rate. He drove most of us fans crazy with his persistent overthrows..

..Head and shoulders better than Spencer Petras though, no doubt.

Tyler Weigers, Ryan Boyle, Peyton Mansell, Duece Hogan, Petras, Padilla, Labas, Carson May. —> that’s like 8 complete misses (whiffs if you will) in 8 or 9 years.

Nate Stanley threw a good chunk of TDs in two of his three seasons but was crazy inaccurate w/ little touch on his passes, couldn’t do much of anything with his legs, and had little pocket presence. He never exceeded a 59% completion rate. He drove most of us fans crazy with his persistent overthrows..

..Head and shoulders better than Spencer Petras though, no doubt.

Tyler Weigers, Ryan Boyle, Peyton Mansell, Duece Hogan, Petras, Padilla, Labas, Carson May. —> that’s like 8 complete misses (whiffs if you will) in 8 or 9 years.
Nate Stanley and his 59% completion rate was an NFL QB. Petras was the only QB you mentioned that saw significant playing time. All of this "wiffing" has certainly lead to a decent amount of NFL QBs in the recent past.

Do we really believe he’ll declare after throwing 8 TD passes and rushing for -87 yards?
You can't think that is actually going to be his stats? If so then it doesn't matter what Iowa does to fix the offense. You have no faith in the Hawkeyes at all. I feel bad for you.

ADVERTISEMENT