ADVERTISEMENT

C19 numbers are rising...

Back again after two and a half weeks have passed since my last report on 6/3/2021. So how is Iowa doing now compared to my last report? Today's comparison utilizes the data from Iowa DPH through 6/20/2021:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 23.0% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 178 to 137.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 27.4% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 252 to 183.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 30.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 1,066 to 743.

Iowa continues its excellent downward trend, great news when you consider some of the other state's resurgences with the more easily transmitted and apparently more deadly delta variant. We're looking better and better and hopefully the trend continues through the summer and fall. We're now averaging less than 15 patients admitted per day, less than 20 people statewide in ICUs every day and less than 75 people in all hospitals statewide daily on average for the C-19 virus. A mere 6 months ago daily admissions were ~94/day, ICU daily average patient census were ~153 and we were averaging ~732 total hospitalized C-19 patients. What a turnaround! It's amazing the effect that vaccination has had on the health of the people in Iowa.

Good stuff folks and as always, stay safe, healthy and happy and encourage people who haven't gotten vaccinated to get it done ASAP.
Well maybe Covid Kim knew what she was doing after all….huh.

Reactions: Gimmered
Vaccinations are what turned our numbers around, not Kimmy. She was a rudderless mess throughout the pandemic’s worst times.
Well I didn’t say she was part of the cure per se. But I also know that she was derided by many as the purveyor of death when she lifted the mask mandates and returned kids to school in person. Yet nothing of the sort happened. So, hence my statement ‘she knew what she was doing’

Back again after two and a half weeks have passed since my last report on 6/3/2021. So how is Iowa doing now compared to my last report? Today's comparison utilizes the data from Iowa DPH through 6/20/2021:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 23.0% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 178 to 137.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 27.4% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 252 to 183.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 30.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 1,066 to 743.

Iowa continues its excellent downward trend, great news when you consider some of the other state's resurgences with the more easily transmitted and apparently more deadly delta variant. We're looking better and better and hopefully the trend continues through the summer and fall. We're now averaging less than 15 patients admitted per day, less than 20 people statewide in ICUs every day and less than 75 people in all hospitals statewide daily on average for the C-19 virus. A mere 6 months ago daily admissions were ~94/day, ICU daily average patient census were ~153 and we were averaging ~732 total hospitalized C-19 patients. What a turnaround! It's amazing the effect that vaccination has had on the health of the people in Iowa.

Good stuff folks and as always, stay safe, healthy and happy and encourage people who haven't gotten vaccinated to get it done ASAP.

Although Iowa has decided to shutoff the daily flow of C-19 data for statewide testing and reported deaths, it appears, at least for now, that the C-19 Iowa hospital system numbers are still being released on a daily basis, so here they are through today's release (7/2/2021):

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 2.3% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/20/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 129 to 126.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 14.0% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/20/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 179 to 204.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 12.0% over the previous 10 day average reported on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 724 to 637.

It's a bit disheartening to see the ICU census metric rising after consistently receding for such a long period of time, but this isn't surprising considering the delta variant introduction locally and its higher rate of transmission and likely more serious effects on a wider swath of the demographic. It may not bode well for our state numbers considering the upcoming holiday and the resulting large crowds and various gatherings we'll all be attending. The other two reported metrics have also appeared to plateau recently, let's hope declines continue despite my skepticism that they actually will, at least in the short term.

Now more than ever it's important that those who are able to should not delay and get vaccinated now so we don't see any further reversal of our previous declining hospitalization trends. Do it for yourself, your family and for your community.

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

Reactions: damayason
Douglas County still reports daily numbers. This past week positive tests trended up ever so slightly. I suppose on a percentage basis it’s significant but a pure numbers basis it’s not really. I think the 7 day average has gone from about 11 per day to about 17. ICU/Ventilator numbers are really low right now but we will see if that changes. With the Olympic swim trials and the CWS having just wrapped up and the holiday this weekend it won’t be surprising to see a spike of some kind in the next week or two. We do have pretty good vaccination rates so hopefully that helps a lot.

Although Iowa has decided to shutoff the daily flow of C-19 data for statewide testing and reported deaths, it appears, at least for now, that the C-19 Iowa hospital system numbers are still being released on a daily basis, so here they are through today's release (7/2/2021):

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 2.3% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/20/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 129 to 126.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 14.0% over the last 10 day reported average on 6/20/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 179 to 204.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 12.0% over the previous 10 day average reported on 6/3/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 724 to 637.

It's a bit disheartening to see the ICU census metric rising after consistently receding for such a long period of time, but this isn't surprising considering the delta variant introduction locally and its higher rate of transmission and likely more serious effects on a wider swath of the demographic. It may not bode well for our state numbers considering the upcoming holiday and the resulting large crowds and various gatherings we'll all be attending. The other two reported metrics have also appeared to plateau recently, let's hope declines continue despite my skepticism that they actually will, at least in the short term.

Now more than ever it's important that those who are able to should not delay and get vaccinated now so we don't see any further reversal of our previous declining hospitalization trends. Do it for yourself, your family and for your community.

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

The State of Iowa is continuing to update the C-19 data daily so until I lose that resource, I'll continue to try and give weekly updates. Here's what the Iowa C-19 numbers look like through today (7/8/2021):

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 4.8% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/2/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 124 to 118.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 17.4% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/2/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 184 to 216.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 22.6% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/2/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 607 to 744.

Well poop! Now we have 2 of the 3 metrics going in the wrong direction, that's not great news and double digit percentage increases for both of them as well. If we contemplate this week's data, it would appear with daily admissions going down but the ICU and daily hospital census numbers rising that those who are being admitted lately are staying longer than before and are more likely to land themselves in the ICU, which seems consistent with the hallmarks of the delta variant's traits compared to your run of the mill C-19 variety.

Let's hope these recent bad trends are short-lived and we get back to again reducing all three of these metrics very soon. Stay safe, get jabbed, party on!

I’m here in Branson area for the holidays and interesting to see the news about being at the current covid epicenter. Around these parts, it is BAU. Packed grocery store with minimal mask wearing. Groups gathered at all the shows and whatnot, minimal covid protocols. However, the one off is a tiger and lion sanctuary in Eureka Springs and they required mask wearing outdoors.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
The State of Iowa is continuing to update the C-19 data daily so until I lose that resource, I'll continue to try and give weekly updates. Here's what the Iowa C-19 numbers look like through today (7/8/2021):

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 4.8% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/2/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 124 to 118.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 17.4% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/2/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 184 to 216.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 22.6% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/2/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 607 to 744.

Well poop! Now we have 2 of the 3 metrics going in the wrong direction, that's not great news and double digit percentage increases for both of them as well. If we contemplate this week's data, it would appear with daily admissions going down but the ICU and daily hospital census numbers rising that those who are being admitted lately are staying longer than before and are more likely to land themselves in the ICU, which seems consistent with the hallmarks of the delta variant's traits compared to your run of the mill C-19 variety.

Let's hope these recent bad trends are short-lived and we get back to again reducing all three of these metrics very soon. Stay safe, get jabbed, party on!

Hey, I'm back again with a weekly update on C-19 numbers for Iowa. My data runs through the most recent data dump that's reported through 7/14/2021:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 2.3% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/8/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 134 to 131.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 8.3% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 205 to 222.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 10.9% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 689 to 764.

We still have two of the three metrics increasing so that's not positive news, but at least the percentage increase has cooled off a bit, which gives me hope this will turnaround shortly. Even though the daily admissions fell, you'll notice that the aggregate sums used this week when compared to the previous week are still higher overall than the prior week's report, so that's a bit disconcerting as well. No need to panic certainly as we are nowhere near the type of numbers we saw last winter, but I do want to see us tamp this down a lot more, near to zero would be best. That's probably a pipedream with all of the vaccine resisters, but I can hope they'll begrudgingly do the right thing for all of us.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reactions: 2bagger22
Hey, I'm back again with a weekly update on C-19 numbers for Iowa. My data runs through the most recent data dump that's reported through 7/14/2021:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is down 2.3% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/8/21. Down from an aggregate sum of 134 to 131.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 8.3% over the last 10 day reported average on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 205 to 222.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 10.9% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 689 to 764.

We still have two of the three metrics increasing so that's not positive news, but at least the percentage increase has cooled off a bit, which gives me hope this will turnaround shortly. Even though the daily admissions fell, you'll notice that the aggregate sums used this week when compared to the previous week are still higher overall than the prior week's report, so that's a bit disconcerting as well. No need to panic certainly as we are nowhere near the type of numbers we saw last winter, but I do want to see us tamp this down a lot more, near to zero would be best. That's probably a pipedream with all of the vaccine resisters, but I can hope they'll begrudgingly do the right thing for all of us.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Did y'all miss me? Back again after today's Iowa C-19 data dump. Let's get to it using the results reported through 7/21/2021:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 39.7% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 126 to 176. Wow, I was not expecting this at all. Disheartening for sure.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 14.2% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 218 to 249.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 12.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 766 to 860.

The admissions number is the most troublesome for me. The last time the data I report showed an increase in the admissions metric was on April 23rd, 2021. We had three months of declines in daily hospital admissions but those days are over. That's a major shift in that metric over the last week. We appear to be headed gleefully back to the dark days. Nice job Iowans!

/s

Did y'all miss me? Back again after today's Iowa C-19 data dump. Let's get to it using the results reported through 7/21/2021:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 39.7% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 126 to 176. Wow, I was not expecting this at all. Disheartening for sure.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 14.2% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 218 to 249.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 12.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 766 to 860.

The admissions number is the most troublesome for me. The last time the data I report showed an increase in the admissions metric was on April 23rd, 2021. We had three months of declines in daily hospital admissions but those days are over. That's a major shift in that metric over the last week. We appear to be headed gleefully back to the dark days. Nice job Iowans!

/s
Back again everyone with my weekly update on the Iowa C-19 numbers through today's data release (7/28/2021).

Here we go:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 60.9% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 151 to 243. (And I thought last week's increase was bad.:oops:)#

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 110.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 214 to 450. So we've more than doubled our ICU patient daily average in just the last week. (Holy shit.)#

C-19 Hospitalized
: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 61.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 786 to 1,268.

(Unfortunately it appears we are thick in the middle of the Delta effect here in Iowa.)# All three metrics rising rapidly and I don't have a clue where or when this rising trend will end.

(Let's keep on the simple straight-forward message. Get the vaccine, it's pretty simple and a far less risky proposition than going naked against the virus. Don't be a vector and an incubator to future variants and ongoing misery.)# I'll be back next week, let's hope this turns around soon.

# - Personal opinion content, please avoid reading if you're simple-minded or easily swayed by others (specifically for the benefit of @notlongago).

Last edited:
Back again everyone with my weekly update on the Iowa C-19 numbers.

Here we go:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 60.9% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 151 to 243. And I thought last week's increase was bad.:oops:

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 110.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 214 to 450. So we've more than doubled our ICU patient daily average in just the last week. Holy shit.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 61.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 786 to 1,268.

Unfortunately it appears we are thick in the middle of the Delta effect here in Iowa. All three metrics rising rapidly and I don't have a clue where or when this rising trend will end.

Let's keep on the simple straight-forward message. Get the vaccine, it's pretty simple and a far less risky proposition than going naked against the virus. Don't be a vector and an incubator to future variants and ongoing misery. I'll be back next week, let's hope this turns around soon.
Where are you getting these numbers?

Back again everyone with my weekly update on the Iowa C-19 numbers through today's data release (7/28/2021).

Here we go:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 60.9% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 151 to 243. And I thought last week's increase was bad.:oops:

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 110.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 214 to 450. So we've more than doubled our ICU patient daily average in just the last week. Holy shit.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 61.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 786 to 1,268.

Unfortunately it appears we are thick in the middle of the Delta effect here in Iowa. All three metrics rising rapidly and I don't have a clue where or when this rising trend will end.

Let's keep on the simple straight-forward message. Get the vaccine, it's pretty simple and a far less risky proposition than going naked against the virus. Don't be a vector and an incubator to future variants and ongoing misery. I'll be back next week, let's hope this turns around soon.
Just here for the editorial input. Didnt disappoint. The integration of emojis is a nice touch.

Just here for the editorial input. Didnt disappoint. The integration of emojis is a nice touch.
Oh sure, sure, I'm really spinning my opinions hard with that avalanche of editorial content, huh? It's difficult to argue that things are going well here. Sorry that I'm not completely unattached emotionally from the data trends. I'll try to be more robotic and cold going forward, but it may be difficult.

The numbers speak for themselves. You're free to editorialize on the actual data yourself and frame it as you like. I've edited my earlier post for your benefit and for others. Hope you like it.

Methinks you just don't like the data,

Are MOST of the hospitalizations and ICUs people that aren't vaccinated? I assume so, but would be nice to have numbers

Oh sure, sure, I'm really spinning my opinions hard with that avalanche of editorial content, huh? It's difficult to argue that things are going well here. Sorry that I'm not completely unattached emotionally from the data trends. I'll try to be more robotic and cold going forward, but it may be difficult.

The numbers speak for themselves. You're free to editorialize on the actual data yourself and frame it as you like. I've edited my earlier post for your benefit and for others. Hope you like it.

Methinks you just don't like the data,
Appreciate the shout-out!

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious

Here we go:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 60.9% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 151 to 243. (And I thought last week's increase was bad.:oops:)#

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 110.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 214 to 450. So we've more than doubled our ICU patient daily average in just the last week. (Holy shit.)#

C-19 Hospitalized
: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 61.3% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 786 to 1,268.

(Unfortunately it appears we are thick in the middle of the Delta effect here in Iowa.)# All three metrics rising rapidly and I don't have a clue where or when this rising trend will end.

(Let's keep on the simple straight-forward message. Get the vaccine, it's pretty simple and a far less risky proposition than going naked against the virus. Don't be a vector and an incubator to future variants and ongoing misery.)# I'll be back next week, let's hope this turns around soon.

# - Personal opinion content, please avoid reading if you're simple-minded or easily swayed by others (specifically for the benefit of @notlongago).
The new data has been posted from IDPH for the Iowa hospitalization numbers through yesterday. Case and death numbers released yesterday didn't surprise me at all. Positive daily cases were up about 67% and we added 10 deaths to the total during the last week.

Let's get to it:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 58.2% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 213 to 337. Yesterday they admitted 47 new patients, highest daily number we've seen since 4/16/2021.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 45.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 360 to 523. Yesterday they had 61 patients in ICUs for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 2/10/2021.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 59.1% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 1,074 to 1,709. Yesterday they had 214 people hospitalized for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 4/22/2021.

That's the newest of news from the hospitals and no it's not good. We appear to be deliberately walking backwards now with these pandemic numbers. Stay safe, get vaccinated and yeah, you may want to start wearing masks again. Hopefully these bad trends don't continue much longer.

The new data has been posted from IDPH for the Iowa hospitalization numbers through yesterday. Case and death numbers released yesterday didn't surprise me at all. Positive daily cases were up about 67% and we added 10 deaths to the total during the last week.

Let's get to it:

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 58.2% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 213 to 337. Yesterday they admitted 47 new patients, highest daily number we've seen since 4/16/2021.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 45.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 360 to 523. Yesterday they had 61 patients in ICUs for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 2/10/2021.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 59.1% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 1,074 to 1,709. Yesterday they had 214 people hospitalized for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 4/22/2021.

That's the newest of news from the hospitals and no it's not good. We appear to be deliberately walking backwards now with these pandemic numbers. Stay safe, get vaccinated and yeah, you may want to start wearing masks again. Hopefully these bad trends don't continue much longer.
You forgot to notate your opinion piece.

You forgot to notate your opinion piece.
OK bruh. How about you use your skills to differentiate it for yourself? Focus on the facts and you won't get lost in the words. I'm the HROT version of Tucker Carlson, is that what you're saying? At least I'm not lying to you.

OK bruh. How about you use your skills to differentiate it for yourself? Focus on the facts and you won't get lost in the words. I'm the HROT version of Tucker Carlson, is that what you're saying? At least I'm not lying to you.
Chill pill.
You said you'd notate your opinions on these updates. Just reminding you that you forgot this week.

Iowa has reported having 649 staffed adult ICU beds. 398 are filled by non-COVID patients and 47 are filled by COVID patients. Overall, 445 out of 649 (69%) are filled. This suggests there is likely enough capacity to absorb a wave of new COVID infections.(covidactnow)

This sounds like an opinion
"We appear to be deliberately walking backwards now with these pandemic numbers."
That's weak. It's supported by the data, our daily metrics are now comparable to late winter when we were still emerging from the worst of it. If that's not regressing, I don't know what else to call it. We're certainly not progressing as far as infections and hospitalizations are concerned.

Do you have a better take on the trends? Just post it! It's an open forum.

That's weak. It's supported by the data, our daily metrics are now comparable to late winter when we were still emerging from the worst of it. If that's not regressing, I don't know what else to call it. We're certainly not progressing as far as infections and hospitalizations are concerned.

Do you have a better take on the trends? Just post it! It's an open forum.
Its not so much the "backwards" comment i take issue as much as it is the "deliberate" comment.

People not getting vaccinated is deliberate.
And I guarentee you ask anyone w/o a vaccine why they dont, and their reasoning is not to "regress the virus". Hence "deliberately walking backwards" is not a fact. Its an opinion at best.

And I guarentee you ask anyone w/o a vaccine why they dont, and their reasoning is not to "regress the virus". Hence "deliberately walking backwards" is not a fact. Its an opinion at best.
Doesn’t matter what their reasons are.

AR-307279984.jpg&maxh=320

Let's get to it:

The IDPH C-19 data dump is out, so where is Iowa now in this latest C-19 surge (data through 8/11/2021)?

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 78.8% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 283 to 506. Twice in the last week they admitted 62 new patients, that's the highest daily number we've seen since 2/6/2021.

ICU C-19 patients:
Daily average for the last 10 days is up 43.1% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 510 to 730. Yesterday they had 103 patients in ICUs for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 1/9/2021.

C-19 Hospitalized
: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 59.1% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 1,506 to 2,620. Yesterday we had 355 people in hospitals for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 2/3/2021.

What more is there to say? Iowa's numbers have been getting worse with at least double digit percentage increases in each metric for four straight weeks now.

Surely we can do better than this, right? Get vaccinated if you haven't yet and stay safe. See you ITT next week.

The IDPH C-19 data dump is out, so where is Iowa now in this latest C-19 surge (data through 8/11/2021)?

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 78.8% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 283 to 506. Twice in the last week they admitted 62 new patients, that's the highest daily number we've seen since 2/6/2021.

ICU C-19 patients:
Daily average for the last 10 days is up 43.1% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 510 to 730. Yesterday they had 103 patients in ICUs for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 1/9/2021.

C-19 Hospitalized
: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 59.1% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 1,506 to 2,620. Yesterday we had 355 people in hospitals for C-19, that's the highest daily total since 2/3/2021.

What more is there to say? Iowa's numbers have been getting worse with at least double digit percentage increases in each metric for four straight weeks now.

Surely we can do better than this, right? Get vaccinated if you haven't yet and stay safe. See you ITT next week.

The new Iowa numbers are in, let's break it down (data through 8/18/2021):

Hospital daily admissions for C-19: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 37.8% over the preceding 10 days average. Up from an aggregate sum of 436 to 601.

ICU C-19 patients: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 63.3% over the preceding 10 day average. Up from an aggregate sum of 600 to 980.

C-19 Hospitalized: Daily average for the last 10 days is up 73.2% over the previous 10 day average reported on 7/8/21. Up from an aggregate sum of 2,129 to 3,687.

Well at least the percentage increases in daily admissions has cooled off a bit from the last 3 weeks, but a 37.8% is not good by any measure, let's hope it continues to level off and eventually see some decreases in the upcoming weeks. The increases in C-19 ICU patients and overall C-19 hospitalized patients are still bad and actually steeper increases from the prior week's data. Get vaxxed if you have not.

My optimistic side would like to think this will reverse sooner than later but with everything going on, I don't think we're going to see decreases any time soon.

Stay safe and have a good weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT