ADVERTISEMENT

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

WisestIowan

HR Legend
Jun 1, 2012
H Town (Screwed Up and Slowed Down)
Anyone ever been? I am going in February and hoping to come back alive. We're actually staying in San Jose del Cabo which is like 27 miles north of Cabo San Lucas. All inclusive family vacation. Me, my GF, my dad, stepmom, two cousins, their spouses and my aunt (no pics of any of these people).

Ideas on how not to end up as 8 heads in a duffle bag?

Anyone ever been? I am going in February and hoping to come back alive. We're actually staying in San Jose del Cabo which is like 27 miles north of Cabo San Lucas. All inclusive family vacation. Me, my GF, my dad, stepmom, two cousins, their spouses and my aunt (no pics of any of these people).

Answer is "don't go". If the local police don't shake you down or the military imprisons you the cartel might use you for target practice.

In my 20s, it’s pretty classic beach touristy place. You can get in trouble if you go off the main path looking for things you shouldn’t be looking for. My older sel enjoyed PV more

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Just wear a sombrero and they will not suspect you are american and youll be fine
47241906-funny-mexican-wearing-sombrero-hat.jpg

I can totally see why people would still go to Mexico for vacation.

I mean seriously, what could go wrong?!

Was there last year. Never had the feeling O was in a bad spot. Drank my face off every day, had a blast. Probably one of the least dangerous places I've been in the past year

It's nice... never felt nervous or scared to walk around, but we also weren't out late or anything either. Most of the better non-hotel restaurants and things to see/do are in San Lucas so at least make a day trip for that.

T & Ps.

Wait is this an actual girlfriend? You are travelling with her? This will make it harder for you to pick up the cougars.

I have been there. I think it was like 2006, stayed on the beach just outside San Jose. Zippers beach. Not as nice, but the beach at Cabo is annoyingly crowded and loud. Land's End and the marina are pretty cool, but 4-5 different bars with loud music and dj's ON the beach is stupid.

I was in Cabo 3 years ago. It was also in February. It is more of a desert climate. I was surprised and not prepared for how chilly it got at night. It is a good idea to have something packed for possible 50-60ish night weather.

Are you staying in between San Lucas and San Jose? If so, all it is is resorts. It's super safe there.

I have been once, but prefer Puerto Vallarta. The beaches in Cabo aren’t very nice and I got dinged $20 USD for ATM withdraw.

Are you staying in between San Lucas and San Jose? If so, all it is is resorts. It's super safe there.

there is nothing to worry about. I would recommend avoiding Cabo San Lucas simply cuz it’s so touristy.
San Jose is awesome and coast south is super safe and has many great spots
Go to Cabo Surf for your surf lessons, hit Flora Farms for sure for drinks and dinner and the big resorts in the Zona de hotels are hit or miss.
Las Ventanas is one of the nicest hotels you will find anywhere.

Reactions: silasstarr
there is nothing to worry about. I would recommend avoiding Cabo San Lucas simply cuz it’s so touristy.
San Jose is awesome and coast south is super safe and has many great spots
Go to Cabo Surf for your surf lessons, hit Flora Farms for sure for drinks and dinner and the big resorts in the Zona de hotels are hit or miss.
Las Ventanas is one of the nicest hotels you will find anywhere.
I didn’t make it to Flora Farms but was told it was amazing. I’ll second skipping Cabo San Lucas. We went one day to take a boat out to see El Arco and surrounding area, but that’s the only appealing about Lucas. We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort and loved it. It must be the nicest Hilton in the world.

Last edited:
I didn’t make it to Flora Farms but was told it was amazing. I’ll second skipping Cabo San Lucas. We went one day to take a boat out to see El Arco and surrounding area, but that’s the only appealing about Lucas. We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort and lived it. It must be the nicest Hilton in the world.

That Hilton is amazing.

Cabo used to be great, but then again anything on the coast of Mexico used to be great. Not sure I'd go any more now that the cartels have taken over most of those cities. Whatever you do, be polite and don't start shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT