ADVERTISEMENT

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

In Riviera Maya you are correct. Especially at the Valentin. In Cabo stay out of the water. It’s black flags there. Unless you are on Medano Beach or one of the little coves it’s incredibly dangerous.
yes, most areas in los cabos area are dangerous. Not sure why @WisestIowan would say cabo is 'way' better than Riviera May. I have been to both and would say the opposite. Unless you are into MTV's old spring break beach shows (ie-- you are a teenager).

yes, most areas in los cabos area are dangerous. Not sure why @WisestIowan would say cabo is 'way' better than Riviera May. I have been to both and would say the opposite. Unless you are into MTV's old spring break beach shows (ie-- you are a teenager).

There is more to do in Cabo (off the resort). The weather isn't hot and humid (I live in Houston, I get enough hot and humid all year). The "natives" we MUCH nicer.

Reactions: 3boysmom
There is more to do in Cabo (off the resort). The weather isn't hot and humid (I live in Houston, I get enough hot and humid all year). The "natives" we MUCH nicer.

My husband prefers Cabo for the same reason, specifically the humidity. He is content to sit by the pool and enjoy a cocktail taking in the scenery. I'm sure he's talking about the ocean and the mountains so doesn't care about the off resort activities as much. Although I do think he would enjoy fishing and did like whale watching.

I'll be in lovely Isla Mujeres in a couple weeks. A few nights in a quaint hostel dorm and several in a condo on the beach.

Sure am looking forward to it as the snow continues to fall here.

I'll be in lovely Isla Mujeres in a couple weeks. A few nights in a quaint hostel dorm and several in a condo on the beach.

Sure am looking forward to it as the snow continues to fall here.
If you're staying in a hostel I assume you don't have kids. I would stay the hell out of March and away spring break and go now!

If you're staying in a hostel I assume you don't have kids. I would stay the hell out of March and away spring break and go now!

No kids. Heading down for my 30th birthday. I'm arriving a bit earlier and staying a bit later than my family, so I go with a hostel for the shoulder nights. I grew up going to Isla Mujeres so it'll be nice to get back and see it again with the family.

Really a nice destination if you like the convenience of flying to Cancun but don't like the mega-resorts where you never leave the compound and eat at the same few restaurants daily.

My husband prefers Cabo for the same reason, specifically the humidity. He is content to sit by the pool and enjoy a cocktail taking in the scenery. I'm sure he's talking about the ocean and the mountains so doesn't care about the off resort activities as much. Although I do think he would enjoy fishing and did like whale watching.

we went whale watching (not OP's mom). It was surprisingly relaxing even though I have seen whales before (not OP's mom).

Reactions: 3boysmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT