ADVERTISEMENT

Cael Sanderson

Waaah. More whining. Let me explain how life, law, and rules work. Cael doesn't have to do Jack, you do. Do you get that? You make accusations, with absolutely zero proof. He cheats, we use ped's, slush funds, clinics paying outrageous monies. He doesn't care about his wrestlers, only the team. Here's your answer genius. You make the claim you prove it. Should be quite easy with all the accusations on here. I'm sure something will stick. With all the talent at Ohio State, I'm sure they're cheating as well. Oh, I forgot stalling. All our wrestlers stall, especially Zain. SMDH.
Dude,
I know you are having fun, but you do realize you are attempting the logic route with a guy who could not explain "If....then" to save his life.

Just saying.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I don't. Do you know for certain that they do?

Where is the $5 million going? Dodgeball supplies? In their mission statement, it says the fund exclusively supports wrestling camps, not international wrestling or RTC activity.
Since the money still appears to be in Penn State's possession the most logical assumption is the 5 mill is sitting in an account earning interest.

But hey. In your tiny head, you are onto something. So get together with your local vodka swilling compliance officer and gosh darn it get to the bottom of it already.

I don’t have to bet or even wonder, knowing he would not have taken a full ride at psu.
What’s your point? I didn’t say he would. And aren’t you the same guy that told us Spencer preferred folk over free? Everyone and their mother knows that’s not true and you’re full of sh^*. I was shocked when the supposed insider here told us that.

Except over 35 wrestlers are receiving scholarship money per their own reporting, so this doesn't add up at all literally and figuratively.
You need to call or text whoever is telling you the numbers don’t add up (Vodka??) and tell them they are an idiot. It simply isn’t the case. I’m friends with the family of a PSU team member and was told as fact that their son receives nothing but books.

So basically wrestling recruiting has gone from wrestlers giving up wrestling for their dream school because of higher money allocation elsewhere.

To now, parents can't wait to sign on the dotted line to pay more.

Yeahhh righttt

Reactions: el dub
What’s your point? I didn’t say he would. And aren’t you the same guy that told us Spencer preferred folk over free? Everyone and their mother knows that’s not true and you’re full of sh^*. I was shocked when the supposed insider here told us that.
Well someone is full of it but I was sitting right next to Spencer before practice when he told me so you really need to stay home on your own board and quit calling people out here when you have not one iota of knowledge. You really think anyone as excellent on top as Spencer would not like and benefit from the folkstyle rules. Even a lot of mother’s would realize that...LOL

Last edited:
Yes, from the late 70's till early 90's. The NCAA only audited 4 of those years for its report. Gable among other Big ten schools were caught cheating. The NCAA called it a major violation, but didn't do much about it.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101820&ved=2ahUKEwjUpLbXkPvZAhWGdN8KHQZOB-AQFjAFegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw22zWYY9fc8S8mf7yB-wReo
Hey, honey...did you bother to read the article you posted? As has been posted hear a number of times the only censorship handed down by the NCAA was to the Big TEN conference for incorrectly interpreting the scholarship rule. The SEVEN big ten schools were nor censured and the only penalty was to equalize the number of scholraships given because of the big ten’s error. But nice try!!

Well someone is full of it but I was sitting right next to Spencer before practice when he told me so you really need to stay home on your own board and quit calling people out here when you have not one iota of knowledge.
You do know there are videos out there floating around where Spencer clearly says he prefers free over folk right? I think you’re the one full of sh!^. I won’t even mention that I heard it straight from his mouth at a YG practice. . Oh wait....I just mentioned it didn’t I?

Why is that everyone needs to feel like they are some sort of insider? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat_Pendleton
You do know there are videos out there floating around where Spencer clearly says he prefers free over folks right?
Ask him yourself then. Pretty sure he agrees that he has had a great deal of success at freestyle but then much of his wrestling for a long time and when many of those videos were made, had been freestyle. But of course the psu trolls are all knowing. I’m sure Spencer wasn’y lying to me. Also very sure that it doesn’t matter at all what you think.

Well someone is full of it but I was sitting right next to Spencer before practice when he told me so you really need to stay home on your own board and quit calling people out here when you have not one iota of knowledge. You really think anyone as excellent on top as Spencer would not like and benefit from the folkstyle rules. Even a lot of mother’s would realize that...LOL
Before I start looking for interviews I’ll even let you in on why he said he prefers free. It’s simple....”he can end things quicker....”

Ask him yourself then. Pretty sure he agrees that he has had a great deal of success at freestyle but then much of his wrestling for a long time and when many of those videos were made, had been freestyle. But of course the psu trolls are all knowing. I’m sure Spencer wasn’y lying to me. Also very sure that it doesn’t matter at all what you think.
No, I’m not saying he lied to you. I’m saying I think you are full of sh!^....

Since the money still appears to be in Penn State's possession the most logical assumption is the 5 mill is sitting in an account earning interest.

But hey. In your tiny head, you are onto something. So get together with your local vodka swilling compliance officer and gosh darn it get to the bottom of it already.

Dagboi still gets an allowance from the folks. He doesn't really understand tax returns yet.

We're very familiar with the comeback.....chip away at it year by year, gray shirt, funky redshirt timing, nothing to see here, watch the cups as they move around, but the basic fact is that no matter how many 1-year slices you take out of the Jenga pile, you are still stacking up these wrestlers on your team in 4-5 year chunks and telling us that you cover them all, perfectly legit, with 9.9 scholarships a year:

Berge
Cassar
Cortez
Hall
Cenzo
Nick Lee
Manville
McCutcheon
N. Nevills
Nickal
Nolf
Rasheed
Retherford
Verklereen
Aaron Brooks
RBY
Michael Beard
Teasdale
Joe Lee
Other Nevills
Teske
and some walking-around money was there for Wittlake, too....

and the 18 other wrestlers on your roster don't get a dime.

Riiiiight.....

40 divided by 9.9 = bullshit
Man, that is a fantastic list of wrestlers. We are very blessed, and are having lots of fun.

You do realize that 8 guys on that list are off the books THIS year or next right? By the way, you keep bringing up those other 18 wrestlers. Yes, I’m thinking most are not getting a dime or at the most books. I can tell you this as well, if Iowa is giving the ENTIRE team a cut of the scholarship pie then we’ve all figured out exactly why Iowa can’t compete and it’s exactly why they can’t bring in more high end guys.
That's actually the problem. The Brans can't do math. They don't need a 3" binder, they need a calculator. Plus, a blue chip recruit requires more to go to Iowa than to Pennsylvania, anyway.

Reactions: LumbeeIndian
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/spencer-lee-video.103779/

3:30 mark. Gotta run. I’ll try to dig up more soon as I get a chance..
Last reply. Yeah of course he preferred freestylye when he was jr in HS. AS he alluded to people had to actually wrestle him as he said as opposed to folkstyle in HS where his opponnents were always backing up as he also said. Plus, he was able to face better wrestlers wrestling freestyle which made it more enjoyable....all of which he has said. Then things changed when he got to college. Now he has been able to use more of his talent on top. Yes, I had seen that video as well as most of his other ones. Doesn’t change how or what Spencer thinks now. Btw, doesn’t psu have it’s own board?

Last reply. Yeah of course he preferred freestylye when he was jr in HS. AS he alluded to people had to actually wrestle him as he said as opposed to folkstyle in HS where his opponnents were always backing up as he also said. Plus, he was able to face better wrestlers wrestling freestyle which made it more enjoyable....all of which he has said. Then things changed when he got to college. Now he has been able to use more of his talent on top. Yes, I had seen that video as well as most of his other ones. Doesn’t change how or what Spencer thinks now. Btw, doesn’t psu have it’s own board?
Lmao.

Sure....we’ll go with that...

Hey, honey...did you bother to read the article you posted? As has been posted hear a number of times the only censorship handed down by the NCAA was to the Big TEN conference for incorrectly interpreting the scholarship rule. The SEVEN big ten schools were nor censured and the only penalty was to equalize the number of scholraships given because of the big ten’s error. But nice try!!

I'm confused, Iowa wrestling didn't cheat and hand out an extra 7+ scholarships over the 4 year audited period? I guess the Big Ten forced them.

I'm confused, Iowa wrestling didn't cheat and hand out an extra 7+ scholarships over the 4 year audited period? I guess the Big Ten forced them.
I’m so sorry that you are confused. Perhaps you need someone to read and explain it to you. Only sanctions handed down were to the big ten office for their incorrect interpretation of the ncaa regs. If you go really slow with help you might be able to understand and not be confused any longer.

What stood out to me about Cael and his interview after the tourney was when he was asked about Bo's win. He didn't say how awesome it was for Bo, he only mentioned the team title. Already had no respect for him, but now he is in negative respect. Starting to believe a wrestler is just a number to him.
So Bo won the team title on his own?

Dagboi still gets an allowance from the folks. He doesn't really understand tax returns yet.
I could fit your entire house inside my home theater.

comics-Dave-McElfatrick-poor-rich-Leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Time to go now, kitty.....

200.gif

Yet in real life here were are. 7 of 8. Next year it will be 8 of 9.
20 NCAA champions in those years, 31 finalists. 16 semi-final victories in a row. For a couple nothings Cael and Penn State wrestling seem to be doing very well.
So who was the coach 10-12 years ago. Who were there finalists/champs. All you Bandwagon State fans think your entitled to something because college has good secretary who can keep the books looking good. Love you though if it weren’t for competition what would this sport be.

Reactions: Dagboi
What stood out to me about Cael and his interview after the tourney was when he was asked about Bo's win. He didn't say how awesome it was for Bo, he only mentioned the team title. Already had no respect for him, but now he is in negative respect. Starting to believe a wrestler is just a number to him.
What "interview" did you watch? Sanderson throws multiple compliments at Nickal when a reporter asked about Nickal at the post-tournament presser. Watch the video starting at 9:00:

“Ton of financial aid”...your words. Need based aid equals Pell Grant, $5500. So yeah, he will most likely needs a full scholarship. Think you were also the one who talked about HS athletes being paid and college wrestlers being paid by their schools club to do clinics...so there’s that too at psu i guess. When it’s you that has said it you pretty much have to own it.

I definitely own what I said. You, like most always, just presented a "half right, mixed up" version of it. Athletes at the college level most definitely get paid to do clinics - not just at PSU but all over. But, no, this is not being organized by the school. Here's a fine and recent example of this:

Separate issue is school or RTC run camps, which employ counselors and clinicians at the prevailing rate. This is what Vodka concentrated on.

Concentrating on stuff like this is another example of not really knowing what the landscape is. While the gigs are good for college students, they can't make a consistent buck from it. One guy on here extrapolated making $30,000 grand a summer looking at a lucrative gig on a weekend and then multiplying it by 15 weeks in the summer. 1) there just aren't that many lucrative gigs around, and 2) the schedule that most ALL D1 wrestlers have in the summer limits the opportunity. My guy (non-PSU) has yet to do anything in college (this year RS) but is a J-Rob alumni, so he just got offered a nice gig as a counselor. Hopefully, he will be able to work A camp into his summer schedule which will involve taking classes and working out with other members of his squad. More than one camp, or even the 28-day one, will likely be out of the question.

Again, I have to address you with the financial aid. Again, half picture of what is really available to ALL students. Not even half. Out-of-state does limit some FA opportunities in some cases. In-state opens up other state agencies (in PA, NJ and NY, that I'm aware of - never considered a college in IA, so may be different here). Also, with just a Pell Grant and a GSL, you've now shaved about .25 off of a PSU OOS full scholarship.

If you are invested enough to throw sh*t out there like you generally do, maybe you should dig a little deeper than just "heard it from a friend." You may not have a kid in the situation as I do, but all of this info is readily available if you take the time to research it. Well, maybe not the camp stuff. But given your "access" you ought to be able to find that out beyond what you post.

Last edited:
You're a knucklehead - world titles are about as blue chip as you get. Let me name a few off the top of my head - Zain Retherford, Mason Manville, Mark Hall, Jarod Verkleerem, and Aaron Brooks. Royce Alger is chump change for you guys.
Half of those world titles (Cadets) were not even in existence when Royce Alger won JNs.

Guys that win Fargo Juniors while in HS (except at the very lowest weights) are the elites of wrestling recruits. Suggesting otherwise in disingenuous. BTW, two of the world title holders you mentioned above (which is also factually incorrect, they didn't win world titles) did not win Fargo JRs like Royce did.

Half of those world titles (Cadets) were not even in existence when Royce Alger won JNs.

Guys that win Fargo Juniors while in HS (except at the very lowest weights) are the elites of wrestling recruits. Suggesting otherwise in disingenuous. BTW, two of the world title holders you mentioned above (which is also factually incorrect, they didn't win world titles) did not win Fargo JRs like Royce did.
Royce Alger paid $621 per semester for tuition when he went to school at Iowa in the mid-80's, so a half-scholarship in that era before Corporate College blew up is an entirely different beast. I'm not sure the "historical precedent" angle, true or not, is all that useful a referent in a discussion of today's financing methods.

$250,000 for a college education is a hell of a tough nut to cover, and the hard-working Alger family farm from 1983 never would have been up to the task.

Royce Alger paid $621 per semester for tuition when he went to school at Iowa in the mid-80's, so a half-scholarship in that era before Corporate College blew up is an entirely different beast. I'm not sure the "historical precedent" angle, true or not, is all that useful a referent in a discussion of today's financing methods.

$250,000 for a college education is a hell of a tough nut to cover, and the hard-working Alger family farm from 1983 never would have been up to the task.
Point taken. However, it is interesting that he brought it up in an interview 30 years later, so it was evidently a factor in the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT