ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark's Endorsements: Nike ($28M Shoe Deal), State Farm, Gatorade, Gainbridge, Hy-Vee, Panini Trading Cards, Comcast,Bose, ShootAWay,H&R Block

Topps is set to release the first Caitlin Clark autograph trading card later this month in the 2022-23 Bowman University Inception set

don't like this pic, however....

Fv2aKajWYAMxBGy

Reactions: Mohawkeye
What happens if she graduates? Seems like a step down.
I can't believe someone(s) won't pony up a nice check to get her to stay for that extra year.
And BTW, was on a plane with her from DFW Tuesday. The vast majority left her alone for the entirety, but a few folks basically said 'hello' and said they wouldn't bother her. She was--as expected--very cordial and polite to everyone who did engage her.
Fabulous rep of the team, university, and the sport.

I can't believe someone(s) won't pony up a nice check to get her to stay for that extra year.
And BTW, was on a plane with her from DFW Tuesday. The vast majority left her alone for the entirety, but a few folks basically said 'hello' and said they wouldn't bother her. She was--as expected--very cordial and polite to everyone who did engage her.
Was Connor keeping a steely gaze?

Not sure what you mean by "pony up a nice check" but she will only be able to return if we have a roster spot and her tuition (I assume that's what you're referring to) in all likelihood must be paid by a scholarship.

This is because the NCAA has strict rules about whether a student on scholarship can change status to become a "walk-on" and CC22 is likely not eligible -- there are multiple stipulations but the one that I believe will supercede them all is that she likely had an "official visit" to Iowa. If you've ever taken an official visit you can't become a walk-on. If anyone knows differently, please do let me know. I'd love to be wrong about it tbh.

Regardless, at this time we do have a spot for her in '24-25. But if we grab another recruit for the HS class of '24 (and it seems Bluder is still hoping to nab Aaliyah Guyton of IL -- and there could be others in the mix as well such as Britt Prince or another dark horse) then we won't have a spot unless someone transfers out.

Ava Jones may also choose to medically retires (which seems likely IMO) but Bluder will not be rushing or even pushing her to that decision. She will have the roster spot as long as she wants it and I dont think CC22 will take that dream from her just for a COVID year.

So no one will need to pony up anything, unless I misunderstand you.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
Not sure what you mean by "pony up a nice check" but she will only be able to return if we have a roster spot and her tuition (I assume that's what you're referring to) in all likelihood must be paid by a scholarship.

This is because the NCAA has strict rules about whether a student on scholarship can change status to become a "walk-on" and CC22 is likely not eligible -- there are multiple stipulations but the one that I believe will supercede them all is that she likely had an "official visit" to Iowa. If you've ever taken an official visit you can't become a walk-on. If anyone knows differently, please do let me know. I'd love to be wrong about it tbh.

Regardless, at this time we do have a spot for her in '24-25. But if we grab another recruit for the HS class of '24 (and it seems Bluder is still hoping to nab Aaliyah Guyton of IL -- and there could be others in the mix as well such as Britt Prince or another dark horse) then we won't have a spot unless someone transfers out.

Ava Jones may also choose to medically retires (which seems likely IMO) but Bluder will not be rushing or even pushing her to that decision. She will have the roster spot as long as she wants it and I dont think CC22 will take that dream from her just for a COVID year.

So no one will need to pony up anything, unless I misunderstand you.
Unless I misunderstood you, you just said Bluder is going to recruit a freshman over Caitlin. Is that really what you are saying? 😲

Unless I misunderstood you, you just said Bluder is going to recruit a freshman over Caitlin. Is that really what you are saying? 😲
Have you been paying attention to Wbb recruiting news at all? None of this is new information and has been discussed extensively.

Bluder has said that she may sign one more guard to the class of 2024. Aaliyah Guyton (G) just announced her top 5 and Iowa is in it. If Guyton or anyone else signs for class of 2024, there are no roster spots for CC22 to take a COVID year unless someone leaves the team.

I don’t pretend to know everything about this team, I’m sure there’s a lot going on that I don’t know. And Guyton may very well opt for any other school. But these are the facts as we the public understand them.

It’s also the case that CC22 may not even want to take a 5th year. I am hopeful she does of course and I believe it likely.

Last edited:
Have you been paying attention to Wbb recruiting news at all? This is not new information and has been discussed extensively.

Bluder has said that she may sign one more guard to the class of 2024. Aaliyah Guyton (G) just announced her top 5 and Iowa is in it. If Guyton or anyone else signs for class of 2024, there are no roster spots for CC22 to take a COVID year unless someone leaves the team.

I don’t pretend to know everything about this team, I’m sure there’s a lot going on that I don’t know. But these are the facts as we the public understand them.
No. I haven't been on the board in awhile. You seem nice. Guess I'll stay away till football. Actually not nice. More of an asshat.

No. I haven't been on the board in awhile. You seem nice. Guess I'll stay away till football. Actually not nice. More of an asshat.
Sorry I was rude I guess, but you replied (unprompted) with the tone of “Are you rly stupid enough to think Bluder might do this?” So idk why you’re taken aback by a clap back.

I’m glad you’re interested in WBB but a lot of people on this board have strong opinions about this team despite obviously knowing very little about them and that was not the first comment along those lines to come my way. I hope you keep chiming in! And maybe check out the recruiting threads for the latest :)

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
Sorry I was rude I guess, but you replied (unprompted) with the tone of “Are you rly stupid enough to think Bluder might do this?” So idk why you’re taken aback by a clap back.

I’m glad you’re interested in WBB but a lot of people on this board have strong opinions about this team despite obviously knowing very little about them and that was not the first comment along those lines to come my way. I hope you keep chiming in! And maybe check out the recruiting threads for the latest :)
There was no tone in my original question. If you read into that, well, that's your issue. PS your "sorry I was rude I guess" is a very passive aggressive, petulant preteen aggression. I'm guessing you're a boomer. You seem very boomer ish thinking your shit doesn't stink. Carry on.

Reactions: littlez
There was no tone in my original question. If you read into that, well, that's your issue. PS your "sorry I was rude I guess" is a very passive aggressive, petulant preteen aggression. I'm guessing you're a boomer. You seem very boomer ish thinking your shit doesn't stink. Carry on.

“Unless I misunderstood you, you just said Bluder is going to recruit a freshman over Caitlin. Is that really what you are saying? 😲”

….hm so if you’re not saying I would be an idiot to think that, are you actually saying you think Bluder is an idiot to do so?

If that’s what you intended to convey then I do apologize. Sincerely! I doubt I’m the only one who might read it the way I did tho. I was certainly rude to you in return, as I was trying to match your intent.

Also I’m 35 lol so not a boomer but id be willing to bet over half the people on this board are haha.

“…then we won’t have a spot (talking about CC) unless someone transfers out.”

Wow. How could a thought like that enter into any sane person’s mind?? This truly means the poster actually believes that the coaching staff didn’t even consider CC coming back for her 5th and blundered their way into not even keeping a spot for her!

The other statement, “if you have ever taken an official visit, you can’t become a walk-on.”

Where do you come up with this stuff?

“…then we won’t have a spot (talking about CC) unless someone transfers out.”

Wow. How could a thought like that enter into any sane person’s mind?? This truly means the poster actually believes that the coaching staff didn’t even consider CC coming back for her 5th and blundered their way into not even keeping a spot for her!

The other statement, “if you have ever taken an official visit, you can’t become a walk-on.”

Where do you come up with this stuff?
Again I rly don’t know what to tell you. Bluder has said she might take another PG for 2024. That was a public statement. Then Aaliyah Guyton put us in her final 5.

Do you think Guyton isn’t in touch with Bluder and just announced that without any indication as to whether there is still mutual interest? That seems unlikely to me.

Look at the number of scholarships — it’s basic math. Again someone could transfer out and it may not matter if Bluder doesn’t sign another 2024 recruit. I believe Bluder and Clark are very transparent about the 5th year, I don’t think anyone is blundering anything or springing new info on anyone.

This whole situation was hypothetical bc OP said “someone will pony up to pay for Clark’s fifth year” and my point was that didn’t make any sense bc a) at this point it’s not necessary bc we have a spot for her and b) even if someone else took that spot, I’m highly doubtful Clark could become a walk on, due to that NCAA policy about who can become a walk-on (which you can google).

The number of people on this board who dispute facts (which have already been discussed exhaustively) is astounding and aggravating,

Last edited:
Have you been paying attention to Wbb recruiting news at all? None of this is new information and has been discussed extensively.

I don’t pretend to know everything about this team, I’m sure there’s a lot going on that I don’t know. And Guyton may very well opt for any other school. But these are the facts as we the public understand them.

It’s also the case that CC22 may not even want to take a 5th year. I am hopeful she does of course and I believe it likely.
I would be shocked if CC22 wanted to return and Bluder didn't hold a spot for her. I mean REALLY shocked....

This whole situation was hypothetical bc OP said “someone will pony up to pay for Clark’s fifth year” and my point was that didn’t make any sense bc a) at this point it’s not necessary bc we have a spot for her and b) even if someone else took that spot, I’m highly doubtful Clark could become a walk on, due to that NCAA policy about who can become a walk-on (which you can google).

The number of people on this board who dispute facts (which have already been discussed exhaustively) is astounding and aggravating,

And the number of people who think Clark could not be a member of the team without a scholarship is astounding and embarrassing.

And the number of people who think Clark could not be a member of the team without a scholarship is astounding and embarrassing.
Please share with the class how this would work then and explain exactly what I'm wrong.

FWIW I hope I am wrong, I'd hate for our low rate of outbound transfers to stunt our ability to reap the benefits of our rising stock.

Please share with the class how this would work then and explain exactly what I'm wrong.

FWIW I hope I am wrong, I'd hate for our low rate of outbound transfers to stunt our ability to reap the benefits of our rising stock.

It’s simple…she would not have a scholarship and would instead pay for her schooling herself. Maybe she’d drive for Uber to help pay for her school when she wasn’t busy with games and practices, or she could use the NIL money she earns to pay for it. It’s not that difficult to understand, really.

It’s simple…she would not have a scholarship and would instead pay for her schooling herself. Maybe she’d drive for Uber to help pay for her school when she wasn’t busy with games and practices, or she could use the NIL money she earns to pay for it. It’s not that difficult to understand, really.
So you're saying she would become a walk-on? If so, again, the NCAA does not allow this. Unless, at a minimum CC22 never took an O/V -- I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility, I'm just doubtful. I assume Bluder would have rolled out the red carpet for CC22. There may be other rules which apply to CC22 as well....

I looked this up when everyone went crazy over the transfer portal in the spring (since for awhile we had no roster spots for next year). There were multiple rules about who can go from being on scholarship to walk-on but that's the one that I remember seeing and thinking, "Yeah, that's probably a problem..." I think there was a rule about where recruitment meetings between the coach and the athlete took place too (on-campus vs off).

It is possible that we sign a new recruit for 2024 and pay their scholarship via NIL, etc. which would then leave a spot for CC22. The student could then go on scholarship in 2025. But again I would guess the recruitment process would likely preclude most from becoming a "walk-on."

However, a creative approach like this might be Bluder's only way to have her cake and eat it too...

Last edited:
Reactions: hawk149 and mphawk
Then why has it been done before?
I would guess that whomever you’re referring to would have not taken an official visit and their recruitment followed whatever other rules the NCAA laid out that allows some students to go off scholarship and become a walk on. Again, I’m not saying it never happens. Im saying only certain athletes can qualify, based on their recruitment.

Again it’s possible Clark qualifies, I’m just highly doubtful thatd be the case. I’d love to be wrong tho, so if anyone happens to know details about her recruitment 4+ years ago, please share!

I would guess that whomever you’re referring to would have not taken an official visit and their recruitment followed whatever other rules the NCAA laid out that allows some students to go off scholarship and become a walk on. Again, I’m not saying it never happens. Im saying only certain athletes can qualify, based on their recruitment.

Again it’s possible Clark qualifies, I’m just highly doubtful thatd be the case. I’d love to be wrong tho, so if anyone happens to know details about her recruitment 4+ years ago, please share!

Yes, they took official visits to their schools.

Yes, they took official visits to their schools.
Okay, well I’m not gonna just believe a rando message board poster over NCAA policy bc that seems idiotic but I hope you’re honest and I hope you’re right.

Even tho, again, this isn’t even an issue atm and probably won’t be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT