ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark named to Naismith Trophy Midseason Team

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa freshman Caitlin Clark was named to the Jersey Mike’s Naismith Trophy Midseason Team, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced Tuesday.

The midseason team includes 30 student-athletes from 26 universities and seven different conferences. Clark is one of six Big Ten student-athletes on the list. She is joined by Arella Guirantes (Rutgers), Naz Hillmon (Michigan), Dorka Juhász, (Ohio State), Ashley Owusu (Maryland), and Lindsey Pulliam (Northwestern). Clark is one of two freshmen on the list (Paige Bueckers, UConn).

Clark has recorded 414 total points and averages 25.9 points per game on the season, ranking fourth nationally. She ranks fifth in the NCAA with 103 total assists. Clark’s 414 points are tied with former Hawkeye Megan Skouby on Iowa’s all-time freshman scoring list and her 103 assists on the season ranks her fourth on the Iowa all-time freshman assist list.

The West Des Moines, Iowa, native ranks in the top-15 nationally in eight additional statistical categories, including second in triple doubles (1), third in 3-pointers attempted (144), sixth in field goals made (139), ninth in 3-pointers made (51) and 3-pointers per game (3.19), 10th in assists per game (6.4) and field goal attempts (305), and 15th in free throws made (85).

Clark and the Hawkeyes return to action on Thursday, traveling to Lincoln, Nebraska, to take on the Cornhuskers inside Pinnacle Bank Arena. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. (CT) on Big Ten Network.

She needs a little over 50 points to break Printy's freshman scoring record. Her 7th 30 point game in one season so she will likely shatter the record

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
I just turned over and watched about half the game, in parts. Every time I flipped over C22 was scoring. She is extraordinary. Already in the discussion for best Hawk girl's player isn't she? If she doesn't get hurt she will have John Johnson numbers with a lot more assists.

Maybe a good fundraiser would be a HORSE game between Jordan Bo and C22. Jordan might take her on range, probably would, but this girl could get hot and make a lot of threes in a row-maybe like the old NBA three point contest.

Coming off having a last few PoY players at Iowa I'm thinking Lisa's recruiting will just continue to improve.

Reactions: DewHawk
I'll be that guy but man this makes me wish we had blue blood talent top to bottom on the the men's and women's teams the last few years. We've had 3 PoY caliber players recently (2 on the women's team and 1 on the men's) and still can't muster a big ten regular season title because the rest of the talent is more in line with typical Iowa talent .

I just turned over and watched about half the game, in parts. Every time I flipped over C22 was scoring. She is extraordinary. Already in the discussion for best Hawk girl's player isn't she? If she doesn't get hurt she will have John Johnson numbers with a lot more assists.

Maybe a good fundraiser would be a HORSE game between Jordan Bo and C22. Jordan might take her on range, probably would, but this girl could get hot and make a lot of threes in a row-maybe like the old NBA three point contest.

Coming off having a last few PoY players at Iowa I'm thinking Lisa's recruiting will just continue to improve.

Her range is incredible, I believe she smokes anyone on the men’s team in a shooting contest.

Reactions: chuck285

She hit a couple deeps ones last night. She’d give him a run for his money.

She played really well last night. For the most under control, with a couple of exceptions, and made shots from everywhere, She is definitely an elite talent IMHO.

She would have had 15 assists last night if the girls hadn’t missed a boatload of bunnies when she set them up! Great all around game! Good thing she plays for Lisa because her 3-6 turnovers a game would land her on Fran’s bench at the far end.

If she & cj met & ya know....started a family....their kids would be shooting & hitting 50 foot jumpers.

She would have had 15 assists last night if the girls hadn’t missed a boatload of bunnies when she set them up! Great all around game! Good thing she plays for Lisa because her 3-6 turnovers a game would land her on Fran’s bench at the far end.
yeah, i saw a couple of her amazing passes where the recipient missed an easy layup

ADVERTISEMENT