ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin named WNBA All Star (was top vote getter)

GRhmub8XAAAWqBG

That's crazy. It does beg a question - Did they change how you could vote/the number of times you could vote between 2023 and 2024? Regardless, Caitlin's impact on women's basketball is incredible. Starting back in 2023 when she was first really noticed outside of the women's basketball world, with the record audiences for the NCAA tournament games, only to be topped by this year's number in the tournament (including getting more viewers than the Men's Final game), and then all of the record-smashing numbers directly connected to her in the WNBA.

Reactions: Franisdaman
That's crazy. It does beg a question - Did they change how you could vote/the number of times you could vote between 2023 and 2024? Regardless, Caitlin's impact on women's basketball is incredible. Starting back in 2023 when she was first really noticed outside of the women's basketball world, with the record audiences for the NCAA tournament games, only to be topped by this year's number in the tournament (including getting more viewers than the Men's Final game), and then all of the record-smashing numbers directly connected to her in the WNBA.

You obviously post stuff without doing any research on the subject you are posting about.

Thanks for your uninformed comment.
I see the stats. She is shooting poorly and turning the ball over way to much. I am pulling for her; however, it is obviously a popularity contest as she is not the top player in the WNBA.

Be interesting to see how she plays w/ much better players on her team and a different coach / game plan ( not that there will be much strategy being it's an all-star game)

I see the stats. She is shooting poorly and turning the ball over way to much. I am pulling for her; however, it is obviously a popularity contest as she is not the top player in the WNBA.
She’s turning the ball over because her teammates can’t catch the ball. Half her turnovers should be assists. She has been like Bob Cousy on the court.

The fan vote…yea that’s a popularity contest.

Making the All Star team…not so much. Caitlin and Boston were going to make it with out the large number of votes.

Everyone else was selected by the players and media (Hamby and Ogunbowale) or the coaches (every other All Star).

Reactions: cmhawks99
Caitlin Clark:
"I don’t think I’ve ever been her teammate before, even with USA Basketball or anything like that. I know people are going to be really excited about it, but I hope it doesn’t take away from everybody else. This is a huge accomplishment for everybody on Team USA and everybody on Team WNBA. They all deserve the same praise. I don’t want it to take away from any of that and just be the focal point of All-Star weekend because that’s not fair to them. And, obviously, this is something that’s really hard to accomplish. The best we can celebrate all of them will be great, and I’m just obviously going to soak in the experience because you never know if you’re ever going to be able to get back there. It’ll be fun for all of us, for sure."

Angel Reese:

"I'm just so happy. I know the work I put in. Coming into this league, so many people doubted me and didn't think my game would translate and I wouldn't be the player that I was in college or better or would be worse and wouldn't be where I am right now. But I trusted the process and I believed and I'm thankful that I dropped to [pick No. 7] and was able to come to Chicago. And like, it's just a blessing. I can't thank my teammates and my coaches enough for just believing in me and trusting me. I know all of them are going to come to Phoenix and support me. So I'm really happy right now."

Reactions: FranklinHawk
Caitlin Clark:
"I don’t think I’ve ever been her teammate before, even with USA Basketball or anything like that. I know people are going to be really excited about it, but I hope it doesn’t take away from everybody else. This is a huge accomplishment for everybody on Team USA and everybody on Team WNBA. They all deserve the same praise. I don’t want it to take away from any of that and just be the focal point of All-Star weekend because that’s not fair to them. And, obviously, this is something that’s really hard to accomplish. The best we can celebrate all of them will be great, and I’m just obviously going to soak in the experience because you never know if you’re ever going to be able to get back there. It’ll be fun for all of us, for sure."

Angel Reese:
"I'm just so happy. I know the work I put in. Coming into this league, so many people doubted me and didn't think my game would translate and I wouldn't be the player that I was in college or better or would be worse and wouldn't be where I am right now. But I trusted the process and I believed and I'm thankful that I dropped to [pick No. 7] and was able to come to Chicago. And like, it's just a blessing. I can't thank my teammates and my coaches enough for just believing in me and trusting me. I know all of them are going to come to Phoenix and support me. So I'm really happy right now."
Wow, someone sure thinks about nothing but herself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT