ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams is looking at Wisconsin

Caleb ending up at Bucky State is improbable, and I agree with this article

I'm by far a Wisky fan but that is an opinion that is a slight step above what us pions write on these boards...not a real news source...

As a pion...let me say this...

An opinion like that should make you angry. Wisky runs a disciplined O that tries to take advantage of your weaknesses and at worst beats you down a bit. It plays within itself and because of that can come off as being boring.

However, give it Bama's talent and it scores in bunches...and in any weather. Give it just a dynamic QB and it wins the West easily and that QB is NFL ready.

I've read plenty of you guys complain about your O. I kind of get it. The design is not wrong though: it is just too predictable and your coaches don't adapt to the talent it has. But it doesn't mean it can't be deadly if executed correctly.

Playing in a "wide open" O is great for numbers but not always for winning. My Wolverines went from "speed in space" (were trying out all the trends from the spiders from mars) to a more "conservative" O this past year. Somehow they ended up leading the country in plays over 20 yards. And won a few ball games.

The B10 Os work. There really isn't really any new gimic out there at the moment (even rpo is now a part of "pro" Os). Get the talent...adapt your system to them. Sounds simple of course and it isn’t...but opinions that it can't be done is just wrong...

And many times those opinions are based on when better talent wins...talent beating scheme happens...

You all have to stop giving him attention. Don't let one person with some serious demons bother you.
Meh.

I like poking the bear because he's actually pretty easily triggered.

He's already folded a few times on the main board, to the point where everyone knows what his shtick is and just ignores him now and leaves him to argue with a single Iowa fan in every thread.

He tries to come across as a normal poster on his current handle, but there's plenty of things that get him easily triggered. He really is obsessed with hating Iowa.

P.S. He posted on HROT frequently and occasionally on the FB board posing as an Iowa fan until he tipped his hand and I called him out back in 2018. Since then, that handle hasn't been seen and he's gone through name after name failing in his attempts to troll Iowa fans.

And since I know he's gonna read this, I wanna thank him in advance for the free likes. ;)

I'm by far a Wisky fan but that is an opinion that is a slight step above what us pions write on these boards...not a real news source...

An opinion like that should make you angry. Wisky runs a disciplined O that tries to take advantage of your weaknesses and at worst beats you down a bit. It plays within itself and because of that can come off as being boring.

However, give it Bama's talent and it scores in bunches...and in any weather. Give it just a dynamic QB and it wins the West easily and that QB is NFL ready.

I've read plenty of you guys complain about your O. I kind of get it. The design is not wrong though: it is just too predictable and your coaches don't adapt to the talent it has. But it doesn't mean it can't be deadly if executed correctly.

Playing in a "wide open" O is great for numbers but not always for winning. My Wolverines went from "speed in space" (were trying out all the trends from the spiders from mars) to a more "conservative" O this past year. Somehow they ended up leading the country in plays over 20 yards. And won a few ball games.

The B10 Os work. There really isn't really any new gimic out there at the moment (even rpo is now a part of "pro" Os). Get the talent...adapt your system to them. Sounds simple of course and it isn’t...but opinions that it can't be done is just wrong...

And many times those opinions are based on when better talent wins...talent beating scheme happens...

ted-lasso-how-about-that.gif

Iowa's offense is in the same boat. but Iowa's offense is the SS Minnow. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BornToWave
Play with your former coach, who has coached 2 heisman winning qbs, who airs it out on a team loaded with 5* WR or go hand it off to Allen 30x a game on a team that lost its best WR and TE to graduation. Hmmm tough decision here.

Someone is looking to up their QB position to compete for titles. Iowa taking a different route, will be interesting to see which pays off.

Reactions: 24 so far
Someone is looking to up their QB position to compete for titles. Iowa taking a different route, will be interesting to see which pays off.
That's what I was thinking - Gee, what a concept. Two teams that are really good but might be a major QB upgrade away from being great and in the Big Ten and National title pictures. Like others have said, chances are very little that CW would end up in Madison, but their fan base has to be pumped that they are making some headlines on the QB transfer portal front, indicating that their coaching staff recognizes their situation and might be acting accordingly...

Reactions: CO_hawk
That's what I was thinking - Gee, what a concept. Two teams that are really good but might be a major QB upgrade away from being great and in the Big Ten and National title pictures. Like others have said, chances are very little that CW would end up in Madison, but their fan base has to be pumped that they are making some headlines on the QB transfer portal front, indicating that their coaching staff recognizes their situation and might be acting accordingly...
I agree. Who cares what Petras and Padilla think besides maybe OT by far our teams biggest weakness and we aren’t kicking the tires on any of them is mind boggling. Yet we still are at T. So staff is ok bringing in competition for richman, plumb, Dejong and Davidkov next year which is good. Or if the fact they are satisfied with who they have in the qb room shows either blind loyalty or total lack of talent evaluation at that position. But I don’t know how after 14 games last year can look at those 2 and feel comfortable with what you have at the most important position on the team.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
That would totally suck as a Hawk fan….and Wisky would run away with the west for the next two years.

So I’m assuming this will happen, because we are in the worst timeline.

ADVERTISEMENT