ADVERTISEMENT

California man arrested in alleged groping of two women on a flight

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The Ambien defense:

About 30 minutes into her JetBlue flight from Los Angeles to Boston on Monday night, a mother taking care of her baby felt someone caress her upper thigh.
It was the man sitting in the aisle seat next to her, she later told investigators. Before she could get away from him, he reached farther up her leg toward her groin area, according to a probable cause affidavit.

The woman swatted away the man’s hand, alerted a flight attendant and yelled for her husband, who was sitting across the aisle with the couple’s other young child.
“This man just groped me,” the woman said, pointing to the man sitting next to her, identified by prosecutors as Jairaj Singh Dhillon, 42, of Modesto, Calif. Around that time, another woman standing in the aisle said Dhillon had also groped her “groin and buttocks,” according to the affidavit.

Now, federal prosecutors have charged Dhillon with two counts of abusive sexual contact while in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, a crime that carries a maximum sentence of three years in prison, one year of supervised release and a $250,000 fine. Dhillon has made an initial appearance in court and is being held as he awaits a hearing on Thursday, prosecutors said in a news release.
It was not immediately clear whether Dhillon has an attorney.
According to the affidavit, Dhillon told investigators that he had no memory of touching the women and that any contact he may have had with them was unintentional.
About 15 or 20 minutes into the flight, Dhillon said, he took an Ambien sleeping pill. He said he would not have touched the mother “because of his lack of attraction” to her, the affidavit states.

Dhillon told investigators he was a truck driver flying to pick up a trailer-tractor, which he planned to drive back to California. He knew the mother sitting next to him was with her husband and their other child, he told investigators, and he had offered to switch seats with her so the family could sit together. The mother turned him down because the baby’s car seat needed to be placed near the window, he told investigators.
Dhillon also said he remembered the woman “leaning over and talking ‘baby talk’ to the infant,” the affidavit states.
The mother told investigators she was leaning over toward the baby when Dhillon groped her, according to the affidavit. Around that time, a woman seated directly across the aisle from Dhillon — in the aisle seat next to the mother’s husband and young child — noticed the mother and her husband talking to each other from across the aisle. The woman could not hear the conversation because she was wearing headphones, according to the affidavit, but she eventually understood that the husband needed to find a flight attendant, so she got up from her seat and stood in the aisle so that he could pass.

As she did so, the woman felt Dhillon grab her buttocks and groin, according to the affidavit. When she slapped away his hand, she heard the mother scream that Dhillon had just done the same thing to her.
Members of the JetBlue crew removed Dhillon and seated him toward the front of the plane, next to an empty seat, according to the affidavit.
When the plane landed at Boston Logan International Airport, Dhillon was arrested.

giphy.gif

I don't hang out with Sikhs man. I'm a Brahmin. Top of the food chain. Sikhs fight for India and die in wars. And do that type of crap. Surely, that rat in your colon could have told you that ;)
Indian dude: racism is terrible!
Also Indian dude: I'm at the top of the caste system!

Reactions: GOHOX69
Indian dude: racism is terrible!
Also Indian dude: I'm at the top of the caste system!
Who says Indians aren't racists? We invented casteism yo! Seriously, India is 99.9% racist. They even sell creams there to be more "White." And get bleached by surgeons. There are 0 dark skinned bollywood beauties. You dark, you gone.

a1d66b17-45bf-4030-b7fb-912771274014.e17b8b055cf9baaa226e9f398edc390c.jpeg

Who says Indians aren't racists? We invented casteism yo! Seriously, India is 99.9% racist. They even sell creams there to be more "White." And get bleached by surgeons. There are 0 dark skinned bollywood beauties. You dark, you gone.

Do you think some of that is simple aesthetics? Like if you have lighter skin you have a more contrasty face. Features are more noticeable. And maybe humans, overall, just find that more attractive.

Do you think some of that is simple aesthetics? Like if you have lighter skin you have a more contrasty face. Features are more noticeable. And maybe humans, overall, just find that more attractive.
No my friend. It is 100 percent racism. I've spent ample time in India. People are encouraged not to marry darker skinned people. It's kind of sad really. Padma Lakshmi would be considered 3rd rate there since she's a tad too dark.

No my friend. It is 100 percent racism. I've spent ample time in India. People are encouraged not to marry darker skinned people. It's kind of sad really. Padma Lakshmi would be considered 3rd rate there since she's a tad too dark.
Exposure to European culture and their (relative) affluence as compared to most Indians perhaps contributed?

Is it the case that Northern Indians are lighter and more affluent? (and subsequently looked down on their southern counterparts) I know that pattern seems to repeat itself. I know it's true in Italy.

In general... peoples closer to the equator have struggled, economically, technologically, compared to their northern counterparts. Philip Diamond got into why that is with Guns Germs & Steal. (basically had a lot to do with the randomness of geography)

The only commercials I remember from when I was in India were for playstations and skin lighteners. Both seemed like a really big deal there.

He did? Why do you think that?
LOL...

“Believe me, she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you,” Trump told supporters at a campaign event in 2016 after a woman accused him of putting his hand up her skirt while on an airplane. “You don’t know. That would not be my first choice.” As the crowd laughed, he said, “Check out her Facebook, you’ll understand.”

Exposure to European culture and their (relative) affluence as compared to most Indians perhaps contributed?

Is it the case that Northern Indians are lighter and more affluent? (and subsequently looked down on their southern counterparts) I know that pattern seems to repeat itself. I know it's true in Italy.

In general... peoples closer to the equator have struggled, economically, technologically, compared to their northern counterparts. Philip Diamond got into why that is with Guns Germs & Steal. (basically had a lot to do with the randomness of geography)
You have a fair point. Well put!

LOL...

“Believe me, she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you,” Trump told supporters at a campaign event in 2016 after a woman accused him of putting his hand up her skirt while on an airplane. “You don’t know. That would not be my first choice.” As the crowd laughed, he said, “Check out her Facebook, you’ll understand.”
Do you ever stop thinking about Trump?

ADVERTISEMENT