ADVERTISEMENT

California woman mauled to death by bear that fed on her body in her own home

seminole97

HR Legend
Jun 14, 2005
C-R3RQJXgAYHlLy.jpg

A 71-year-old woman who was found dead inside her home had been fatally mauled by a black bear...

Patrice Miller’s body was discovered inside her Downieville home in November last year by police who had been called to carry out a welfare check.

Officers discovered a grisly scene with evidence that a bear had been inside, likely for several days, feeding on the woman’s remains.

Initially, investigators thought she had died before to the bear’s entry. However, an autopsy report completed last month revealed Miller was killed when the animal swiped or bit her neck, Sierra County Sheriff Mike Fisher confirmed.

The police described the scene as "something I had never seen before

Downieville is a town with a mere population of 290 people. It is about 50 miles northwest of Lake Tahoe. “Downieville, being a pretty small, tight-knit community, everybody kind of takes care of everybody and keeps an eye out

Odds are nearly 100% that she was one of those kooks who feeds them like they’re dogs. We have bear problems in Tahoe but they run off of you chase them.
There's a restaurant here in Omaha that claims to have amazing fried chicken, however the gimmick is when you're done you feed your chicken bones to wild raccoons. Raccoons just linger around the outside restaurant waiting for chicken bones. People love it, but to me it sounds disgusting as f.

Odds are nearly 100% that she was one of those kooks who feeds them like they’re dogs. We have bear problems in Tahoe but they run off of you chase them.

You beat me to it. I call it getting Timothy Treadwelled. There’s this woman always posting Reels of her feeding various bears including mothers with their cubs. It’s inevitable. She’s going to get eaten. And I’ll laugh.

Reactions: BelemNole
C-R3RQJXgAYHlLy.jpg

A 71-year-old woman who was found dead inside her home had been fatally mauled by a black bear...

Patrice Miller’s body was discovered inside her Downieville home in November last year by police who had been called to carry out a welfare check.

Officers discovered a grisly scene with evidence that a bear had been inside, likely for several days, feeding on the woman’s remains.

Initially, investigators thought she had died before to the bear’s entry. However, an autopsy report completed last month revealed Miller was killed when the animal swiped or bit her neck, Sierra County Sheriff Mike Fisher confirmed.

The police described the scene as "something I had never seen before

Downieville is a town with a mere population of 290 people. It is about 50 miles northwest of Lake Tahoe. “Downieville, being a pretty small, tight-knit community, everybody kind of takes care of everybody and keeps an eye out
How's that for gratitude.

We had a visitor 3 nights ago, a 400 lb black bear caught on the camera that was looking for a free meal, pissed me off that it didn't use the steps, instead busted a few 2x2s and came up on the deck. The only thing outside was 1/2 bag of shelled nuts, which he ate. The asshole didn't even clean up the mess it made. The neighbors told me that he was hanging out in the neighborhood around a week, after this happened, but this is nothing new around here.

We had a visitor 3 nights ago, a 400 lb black bear caught on the camera that was looking for a free meal, pissed me off that it didn't use the steps, instead busted a few 2x2s and came up on the deck. The only thing outside was 1/2 bag of shelled nuts, which he ate. The asshole didn't even clean up the mess it made. The neighbors told me that he was hanging out in the neighborhood around a week, after this happened, but this is nothing new around here.
Where u at

We have scaredy-cat black bears. Not grizzlies.

It pretty well established that CA no longer has brown bears. Thats part of the irony of the brown bear on the state flag, they were eradicated in the early 1920s.

Also, first line in the article specifies black bear.

PS, I kind of knew you'd get yourself in this position.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT