ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all Brian and Spencer Apologists

There were several of you telling the rest of us how little we know about football, how Brian has forgotten more about offense than we know, that Spencer practices better so is clearly the best QB option.

Where you guys at?
I’m not one…however the first part of the sentence is undoubtedly true regardless of how obvious the deficiencies are

Reactions: Hawkfan_08 and 12tb
My only comment is, I don't blame Petras. He should want to play, he should believe that he belongs, and he should believe that he's the best player at his position - I expect nothing else out of any Hawkeye player. That's why teams have coaches whose responsibilities are to determine not just who is the "best" player at a position is, but also which combo of players gives the team the best chance to win. I do not want Petras, or any Hawkeye, to come out and say "I'm not good / pull me". I want the coaches to do their jobs.

My only comment is, I don't blame Petras. He should want to play, he should believe that he belongs, and he should believe that he's the best player at his position - I expect nothing else out of any Hawkeye player. That's why teams have coaches whose responsibilities are to determine not just who is the "best" player at a position is, but also which combo of players gives the team the best chance to win. I do not want Petras, or any Hawkeye, to come out and say "I'm not good / pull me". I want the coaches to do their jobs.
I get that sentiment, but maybe if Petras points fingers at the coaches it could be the kindling that could result in KF’s ouster.

There were several of you telling the rest of us how little we know about football, how Brian has forgotten more about offense than we know, that Spencer practices better so is clearly the best QB option.

Where you guys at?
Oh, please show your faces

KF said in his news conference "no wholesale changes nextweek" sweet
Guy that sits behind me at the game said at halftime, that Kirk HAD to put in Padilla. I told him Kirk will NEVER bench Petra’s while Iowa has a lead. No matter how bad he plays. I was right. And of course he was not going to bench him with only a few minutes left in the game after ISU took the lead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT