ADVERTISEMENT

Calling it "inflation reduction act" is like calling a can of kerosene "flame reduction" just before pouring it on a fire!

Roy L Fuchs

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2012
In who's warped mind does billions more in spending lower inflation?!?!?! Too much spending, along with horrible energy policies, is what got us this high inflation to begin with. Adding more taxes to the job creators will just reduce jobs and increase costs to every American. As with most Dem policies, whatever the title is, the result will be just the opposite. This is horrible legislation for the average American. HORRIBLE!

One more thing. Iowa state sucks infected, pus filled, gangrene wart hog placenta!

In who's warped mind does billions more in spending lower inflation?!?!?! Too much spending, along with horrible energy policies, is what got us this high inflation to begin with. Adding more taxes to the job creators will just reduce jobs and increase costs to every American. As with most Dem policies, whatever the title is, the result will be just the opposite. This is horrible legislation for the average American. HORRIBLE!

One more thing. Iowa state sucks infected, pus filled, gangrene wart hog placenta!
Relax, Roy.

I couldn’t read this post without hearing banjo music
deliverance-lonnie.gif

Reactions: hawksurprize
I'd seriously like for any poster who thinks this act will reduce inflation to cite the provision, and state how that provision will reduce inflation.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Honestly, nobody actually cared about what it would do to inflation. That's just the robe Manchin dressed it in to make it acceptable for him and Sinema. It's always been about ACA/Healthcare and massive clean energy investment.

Honestly, nobody actually cared about what it would do to inflation. That's just the robe Manchin dressed it in to make it acceptable for him and Sinema. It's always been about ACA/Healthcare and massive clean energy investment.
No, it's about Manchin playing the game and has nothing to do with what's good for the country.

No, it's about Manchin playing the game and has nothing to do with what's good for the country.
Right. It's entirely 100% Joe Manchin sloppy CYA fluff to name it Inflation Reduction Act for Joe Manchin. Which is apparent to everyone. Many thinking Manchin and Sinema were never going negotiate with the rest of the Dem caucus in good faith. Many would be happy to call it the "Sinema is the hottest Senator ever Act."

I think this is true….the name is unfortunate.

I think this is true….the name is unfortunate.
I actually think it was a decent move to name the bill the inflation reduction act.

From what I’ve read the bill is likely to make little difference in inflation but may very slightly help so on the surface it makes little sense.

Where I think it makes sense for the Democrats to name it this is it helps take away the talking point that it will cause more inflation. The stuff in the bill is generally popular and the bill has funding to pay for it, even if it is neutral in inflation it is still going to be popular amongst the majority of people.

I actually think it was a decent move to name the bill the inflation reduction act.

From what I’ve read the bill is likely to make little difference in inflation but may very slightly help so on the surface it makes little sense.

Where I think it makes sense for the Democrats to name it this is it helps take away the talking point that it will cause more inflation. The stuff in the bill is generally popular and the bill has funding to pay for it, even if it is neutral in inflation it is still going to be popular amongst the majority of people.
Oh…I’m sure the name polls very well.

Unfortunately it’s gas lighting but they’re betting on the stupidity of John Q. Public. Historically a pretty safe bet…

Oh…I’m sure the name polls very well.

Unfortunately it’s gas lighting but they’re betting on the stupidity of John Q. Public. Historically a pretty safe bet…
I don’t necessarily disagree and it’s not what I would have named it. At the same time Democrats have been getting killed in messaging for years, I don’t have a huge problem with them trying to use it to their advantage.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT