ADVERTISEMENT

Calling on HORT, does anyone have A-Fib?

jasonrann

HR Legend
Apr 11, 2007
I have it and it is becoming a bigger issue. Six episodes where I took the paddles the last 12 years. Most recently, two in two months. To say I am getting tired of this shite would be an understatement.

There is a surgical procedure I can do, I believe it is called an ablation. It scares me a bit as I have known one person that tried it and let's just say it wasn't smooth.

Paging any HORT medical professionals for input.

Read up on the success rate of ablation procedures. Check the number of these procedures your cardiologist has performed. And the hospital where they practice.

Reactions: jasonrann
I had an ablation about 10 years ago, but it was for SVT (supraventircular tachychardia, I think). It wasn't too bad and I was masturbating the next day. I haven't had an episode since. I know its not the same as AFib, but it was well worth it.

Reactions: bhawk24bob
please move to "America eating itself to death" thread.

j/k i know nothing about afib or what causes it.

@goxo
And make sure the doc isn’t one of those guys who burns his initials into your heart muscle.
My buddy that attempted the surgery ended up with anesthesia he was allergic to. He was on the table 18 hours. He was my boss, I was #2. I had to call a meeting with employees for prayers at the request of his wife.

My dad has had it for decades. They were going to fix it when they replaced his valve but it didn’t take. He never knows when he’s out of rhythm. I have another buddy who has it that manages it with medication.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT